Anyone else "grinded" away from the Platinum?

Valkirye22

On 7/27/2019 at 2:53 PM, AMadScotsGuy said:

I've just got my gold medal trophy, time to finish up single player. Then online.

There's been talk around Edinburgh Rockstar North worked more on the game than is publicly known. Apparently San Diego were making a real mess of RDR2 and Take 2 were furious. They didn't want another Mafia 3 situation, so drafted Norths core team in on it . And kept it hush hush so not to be torn apart by the gaming press, or affect shares. But that's why it was delayed.  Even aspects of the story got changed.

North left evidence though of their greater involvement. That being all the Scottish reference. Like think about it, they were officially just working on the maps. But you see in many other parts of the game references to Scotland they weren't supposedly involved with. John even saids he is not American, he's Scottish. Why would a game mostly developed by an American team have so many references to Scotland.

We will see in the coming years if this story is true. Would explain a lot. But for now, taking it all with a pinch of salt.

Interesting story but what's that got to do with the forum topic?

• Like 4

Anyone still want to go for the level 50 online trophy now is a really good time cause Rockstar is enabling extra 50% xp this week which i think is the first time they have done it, last xp weeks were only 30% i believe. I recommend just playing the Elimination Series Large and camp in bushes, try to get in the top 5 and you will easily get 500+ xp per game, winning the game will net you 1300+ xp from personal experience. I only have 9 more levels to go my self which i hope to god i can get through all of it during this xp boost because i can't stand another minute of this multiplayer.

Edit: Got to level 50 (thank fuck), the xp boost helped a lot and i was consistently getting in the top 5s even winning the game quite a few times. Now all i have left to do is the annoying gold rush trophy.

Edited by Mi2Lethal

On 8/1/2019 at 4:41 PM, Mi2Lethal said:

Anyone still want to go for the level 50 online trophy now is a really good time cause Rockstar is enabling extra 50% xp this week which i think is the first time they have done it, last xp weeks were only 30% i believe. I recommend just playing the Elimination Series Large and camp in bushes, try to get in the top 5 and you will easily get 500+ xp per game, winning the game will net you 1300+ xp from personal experience. I only have 9 more levels to go my self which i hope to god i can get through all of it during this xp boost because i can't stand another minute of this multiplayer.

Edit: Got to level 50 (thank fuck), the xp boost helped a lot and i was consistently getting in the top 5s even winning the game quite a few times. Now all i have left to do is the annoying gold rush trophy.

Congrats! I have a question regarding the PvP series, like Elimination for example, which I can't seem to find an answer to. Does it matter if I stay in the match until the end, despite being dead? In terms of bonus XP or something like that. Or should I just move on to the next match? Just being paranoid that I'm missing out on XP. Not that this hasn't been said a million times before but man, Online fucking sucks. It is so poorly made and just a complete motivation killer.

Edited by SinisterPledge

On 1. 8. 2019 at 4:41 PM, Mi2Lethal said:

Congrats. For the Gold Rush, see this thread:

I would definitely recommend replays. Expect another 25-30 hours though.

19 hours ago, SinisterPledge said:

Congrats! I have a question regarding the PvP series, like Elimination for example, which I can't seem to find an answer to. Does it matter if I stay in the match until the end, despite being dead? In terms of bonus XP or something like that. Or should I just move on to the next match? Just being paranoid that I'm missing out on XP. Not that this hasn't been said a million times before but man, Online fucking sucks. It is so poorly made and just a complete motivation killer.

I am pretty sure you only get the xp for the kills you got in the game not the end of match bonus if you search for new game after you die. I personally stayed in the game even if died early in the game since you still get around 200-300xp (during xp week, will be lower without it) at the end of the match plus if you search for new game after you die by the time you find another lobby and get another match going it will be like a couple of minutes at least, so would i'd rather stay in the game. 

On a side note, I have my pc monitor and ps4 monitor setup next to each other so every time i died in the game, i'd watch videos on my pc which made things a little bearable.

19 hours ago, HusKy said:

Congrats. For the Gold Rush, see this thread:

I would definitely recommend replays. Expect another 25-30 hours though.

Thank you, i am annoyed at this trophy since for no reason they made the replay mechanic harder for no reason, but it can't be worse than multiplayer especially if you start a new game and do a handful of missions per day. I will get there eventually.

Edited by Mi2Lethal
  • Like 1

Playing through the first 2 chapters I thought this game was boring but since chapter 3 I’m hooked. The story is extremely long without all the extra stuff. I’ve been looking through the 100% guide and holy shit this is going to wreck my head ? I thought the first game was bad but this is way worse. I’ll persevere through it though because my ocd won’t let me start another game until I’ve completed everything I possibly can ?

Trying to do some challenges and stuff in between story missions to try break the monotony. I reckon each day I’ll do one collectible before I continue the story and it may not burn me out so quick...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Playing through the first 2 chapters I thought this game was boring but since chapter 3 I’m hooked. The story is extremely long without all the extra stuff. I’ve been looking through the 100% guide and holy shit this is going to wreck my head 1f602.png I thought the first game was bad but this is way worse. I’ll persevere through it though because my ocd won’t let me start another game until I’ve completed everything I possibly can 1f61c.png

Trying to do some challenges and stuff in between story missions to try break the monotony. I reckon each day I’ll do one collectible before I continue the story and it may not burn me out so quick...

It's not that bad especially doing it the way you are. Although some collectibles (like the rest of the dinosaur bones) aren't available until after you finish the story.

• Like 1

I've tried to play this game a few times now but I just find it really boring. I think my issue with it is that it's to real. I play games to escape real life. If I wanted to clean crap I'd mop the kitchen floor. All the dialog and cutscenes and forced traveling is also a big turn off for me. Leave me the f alone! I just wanna play and actually try have some fun with it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I really feel sorry for you. This game is a masterpiece. Its realism is one of its greatest accomplishments. 

I spent more time watching it than playing it. Also all the forced travel with dialog is beyond boring too. A technical masterpiece maybe but a masterpiece of a game? Definitely not.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I spent more time watching it than playing it. Also all the forced travel with dialog is beyond boring too. A technical masterpiece maybe but a masterpiece of a game? Definitely not.

Yes how dare the game have a story and voiced characters, the audacity of Rockstar in 2018.

Definitely should go back to voiceless blocks shooting circles, true masterpiece games.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Feral said:

Yes how dare the game have a story and voiced characters, the audacity of Rockstar in 2018.

Definitely should go back to voiceless blocks shooting circles, true masterpiece games.

Some people just have god awful taste unfortunately. Regardless if they don’t like this game or genre but to call this anything but a masterpiece is just wrong. Me and the majority clearly agree with you but I would just let it be with people like him they just want to feel special since they have a different opinion from the mass majority.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Feral said:

Gameplay a game should be fun. Not constantly bombarding you with story. A lot of modern games forget games should be fun.

23 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Some people just have god awful taste unfortunately. Regardless if they don’t like this game or genre but to call this anything but a masterpiece is just wrong. Me and the majority clearly agree with you but I would just let it be with people like him they just want to feel special since they have a different opinion from the mass majority.

A technical masterpiece yes. Not a masterpiece of a game. Look past the hype, take those fan boy glasses off and see it for what it is.

The last gen Red Dead was really good though.

On 8/15/2019 at 0:53 PM, RedDevil757 said:

Gameplay a game should be fun. Not constantly bombarding you with story. A lot of modern games forget games should be fun.

A technical masterpiece yes. Not a masterpiece of a game. Look past the hype, take those fan boy glasses off and see it for what it is.

The last gen Red Dead was really good though.

There’s plenty of actual “gameplay” to go around. I love the dialogue between characters. They’re rich with life, they’re relatable, and they’re interesting to listen to. Maybe you just have a short attention span and can’t bear sitting through dialogue sequences that are longer than usual. 

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

There’s plenty of actual “gameplay” to go around. I love the dialogue between characters. They’re rich with life, they’re relatable, and they’re interesting to listen to. Maybe you just have a short attention span and can’t bear sitting through dialogue sequences that are longer than usual. 

I think the problem here is that I'm just burnt out with modern gaming. This gen has done nothing new. It's the same as last gen but looks better. I'm tired of every game being open world. I just feel like I've already been there done that 100x

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 8:53 PM, RedDevil757 said:

I think the problem here is that I'm just burnt out with modern gaming. This gen has done nothing new. It's the same as last gen but looks better. I'm tired of every game being open world. I just feel like I've already been there done that 100x

You can't really dismiss the entire "gen" as such. While I'd agree there is a certain lack of good AA titles and most AAA take the same boring/safe route there were some truly awesome games be it linear or open world that shaped it.

e.g. Uncharted, Horizon, GOW, Doom, GTA V, Driveclub, Spinderman etc. Of course it all depends on your personal interest in games - you could argue what Cyberpunk and Death Stranding shape up to be will also be this gen

I enjoyed some less "universally praised 10/10's" games like Tomb Raider, Metro, Infamous, Wolfenstein, Mad Max, Days Gone, Deus Ex etc.

IMHO what suffer most were the backbone of what you played between big SP releases. MP shooters from the times of COD WaW, MW2, BFBC/BF3 were pretty much torpedoed.

BF1,5 / all the recent.. what 6 or more COD's where pretty much downhill. I get an a**l wart every time someone mentions Battle Royale of any sort for me it's the most basic effortless form of gaming be it PUBG or Trashnite. Hell, half the games form E3 or Gamescom now are the exact same formula regurgitated over and over.

Really hope the new COD:MW turns out good in that regard but... Activision, so very moderate hype

• Like 1

I'm really getting burned out with this now, it was the studying and skinning animals that did it. Now I'm going through the challenges and I'm really worn out with this game, still all the dinosaur bones, exotics collectibles to do... AND the 'It's Art' trophy - but the thought of looking for more animals is torture ? Why are there so many collectibles in this game? Bloody hell!

If you want to play this game to just enjoy the story - IT'S GREAT!! If you're going for the platinum - THINK CAREFULLY... haven't even touched the online yet! So more to look forward to.... This game should have ten platinums ?

14 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

e.g. Uncharted, Horizon, GOW, Doom, GTA V, Driveclub, Spinderman etc. Of course it all depends on your personal interest in games - you could argue what Cyberpunk and Death Stranding shape up to be will also be this gen

Red Dead 2, Uncharted, Horizon, GOW and Spider-Man (aka cutscenes the game) are all the exact same thing. It's like the same game with a new skin or mod on it. Death Stranding will be the same. Except just like Metal Gear it won't make any sense.

GTA I class as a last gen game.

Doom was really good

The whole gen is so stale. Only indie developers are doing anything remotely interesting.

17 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Red Dead 2, Uncharted, Horizon, GOW and Spider-Man (aka cutscenes the game) are all the exact same thing. It's like the same game with a new skin or mod on it. Death Stranding will be the same. Except just like Metal Gear it won't make any sense.

GTA I class as a last gen game.

Doom was really good

The whole gen is so stale. Only indie developers are doing anything remotely interesting.

This has to be hands down one of the dumbest things you could have possibly said involving games. You clearly have zero knowledge of what makes games good based off of this statement.

• Like 2

I'm just going around in circles here. Fanboys won't see what they don't want to see.

42 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

giphy.gif

Granted, it's not a very good opinion, mind you, though it is yours nonetheless. 

So tell me apart from VR which is still a novelty and mostly still just basically tech demos. What has this gen done that's new? If I'm so wrong about it being stale, there must be loads of things

40 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

This has to be hands down one of the dumbest things you could have possibly said involving games. You clearly have zero knowledge of what makes games good based off of this statement.

I've been gaming 30+ years. I see nothing new with these games. They're all doing the same thing.

18 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I think this post is a poop with a new skin.

Like seriously, how are you happy with what you just said.

• Like 3