Your Top 10 Best/Worst VR Experience

dimavankula

Two years as PSVR is out so lets do a top your best VR experience together:)

My best list:

1. Blood&Truth

2. Ghost Giant
3. Just In Time Incorporated
4. Batman VR 
5. Accounting+ 
6. Cave Digger: Riches
7. Job Simulator/Vacation Simulator
8. Vr Worlds
9. Robinson
10. Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality

My worst list:

1. Thug life

2. Holoball 

3. How We Soar

4. MiniWood VR 

5. Space Rift

6. Wolfenstein Cyberpilot

7. Baskhead Training

Edited by dimavankula
new games

Edit: Updated my list! 

1. Resident Evil 7 - Holy S---! Get this!!!

2. Superhot VR - SUPERHOT

3.Rigs: MCL - Ever wanted to drive a freaking mech, hell yes!

4. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - favorite 2 player game

5. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission - Platform heaven

6. Creed: Rise to Glory - best workout game out there.

7. Raw Data - clunky, but dual wielding swords/guns makes this a must 

8. Job Simulator - lol. Wish it was longer

9. Eagle's Flight - feel as free as a bird

10. Playroom VR - best free game I've ever played

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
New games
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  1. Astro Bot Rescue Mission
  2. Statik
  3. Accounting+
  4. Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes
  5. Batman Arkham VR
  6. The Playroom VR
  7. How We Soar
  8. The Lost Bear
  9. I Expect You To Die
  10. EVE Gunjack

Disclaimer 1: I haven't actually bought a whole lot of VR games, still under thirty I think.

Disclaimer 2: I haven't played usual favourites like SUPERHOT VR or Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality or Job Simulator yet (I've bought but not played SUPERHOT VR though).

On 03/11/2018 at 2:38 AM, dimavankula said:

7. Esper

I thought this was disappointing. I notice Statik isn't on your list, have you played that one? Much better VR puzzle game, in my opinion.

On 03/11/2018 at 4:32 AM, Deaths_Trooper said:

1 Farpoint

Really? I loved the idea but I couldn't get through it. Too many choke points.

On 03/11/2018 at 4:32 AM, Deaths_Trooper said:

10 Wipeout omega collection. (Actually love this game a lot, but barely played it in VR mode)

Wait, that has VR?

I bought it a year ago in a used store for €6 or so, I played a bit and kinda liked it but never really started, and traded it in when I could get €20 trade-in value for it at a different store. Never knew it had a VR option...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:
  1. Astro Bot Rescue Mission
  2. Statik
  3. Accounting+
  4. Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes
  5. Batman Arkham VR
  6. The Playroom VR
  7. How We Soar
  8. The Lost Bear
  9. I Expect You To Die
  10. EVE Gunjack

Disclaimer 1: I haven't actually bought a whole lot of VR games, still under thirty I think.

Disclaimer 2: I haven't played usual favourites like SUPERHOT VR or Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality or Job Simulator yet (I've bought but not played SUPERHOT VR though).

I thought this was disappointing. I notice Statik isn't on your list, have you played that one? Much better VR puzzle game, in my opinion.

Really? I loved the idea but I couldn't get through it. Too many choke points.

Wait, that has VR?

I bought it a year ago in a used store for €6 or so, I played a bit and kinda liked it but never really started, and traded it in when I could get €20 trade-in value for it at a different store. Never knew it had a VR option...

Yes, Statik is a nice game but Esper much faster and easier for me imho more positive feeling. Lost bear is pretty annoying you know because this stupid speedrun.

Edited by dimavankula

3 minutes ago, dimavankula said:

Yes, Statik is a nice game but Esper much faster and easier for me imho more positive feeling.

Let's agree to disagree then because I thought Statik was much better :)

Yeah Esper was faster, I didn't think it had enough content. With Statik, I loved slowly figuring out how it all worked.

Lost bear is pretty annoying you know because this stupid speedrun.

There's no speedrun but there is a no-death run, you probably meant that. I'm not a trophy hunter so trophies aren't really calculated into my opinion of a game, but the game is pretty short and easy so I wouldn't think it is much of an issue, especially if you just upload your savegame at the start of every chapter.

31 minutes ago, Fuuzect98 said:

6. Island time

Nice list but this one is absolutly ridicolous because of control.

45 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

Yeah Esper was faster, I didn't think it had enough content. With Statik, I loved slowly figuring out how it all worked.

Yep, i'm trying to do 100% so Statik was a little bit of pain for me:)

• 4 weeks later...

1. Moss

I cant wait to get the next book - this game was amazing!

2. Until Dawn Rush of Blood

Only with move controllers. Its so funny to shoot enemies on a rollercoaster - and it feels so freaking real!

3. Resident Evil 7

Yeah I know its not VR only - but i played it in vr most of the time and i loved it.

4. No Heroes Allowed VR

So awesome to play a strategy game in vr! 

5. Robinson the journey

A wonderful experience - but i had problems with motion sickness a few times.

6. Paranormal Activity Lost Soul

I was very surprised how scary it was the first time! But the collectible-trophies were annoying.

7. Doom VFR

Great music, nice gameplay - perfect with the aim controller

8. Arizona Sunshine

The german voice is horrible - he sounds like he is on xtc all the time. But with the aim controller the game is really good!

9. Time Machine VR

Very impressing! You have to travel around and find many different dinosaurs. Imo the dinosaurs were better than the ones in robinson - but in robinson you could climb and slide around. I missed that in time machine

10. The Inpatient

Great at first - but very boring at the end. Nice scarejumps at the beginning.

(I wanna say that Skyrim VR is a great game too - but i get a headache after a few minutes everytime because of the bad graphics :( )

Edited by Belphega2208
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It is hard to choose only 10 best and impossible for me to choose 10 worst as I enjoyed all the VR games I played so far.

The Best for me are:

1. Beat Saber

2. Astro Rescue Mission

3. Carnival VR

4. VR Playroom

5. Arizona Sunshine

6. Island Time

7. Shooty Fruity

8. Robinson The Journey

9. Creed

10. Surgeon simulator

I was about to mention Hitman 3 but the VR gameplay is not intuitive and there is so much motion sickness. It is better playing it the non-VR way.

I still have many VR games I have not started yet (Blood and truth, After the Fall, TWD Saints and Sinners, Moss, Ghost giant, The Inpatient, Rush of blood, Doom VR, Superhot VR, Skyrim VR, Firewall, RE7) that this list could easily change even though I thnink my first 5 would not change.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think I'd be accurately able to compare them against eachother, and I don't want to list any games I haven't wholly been enchanted by, so here's my top eight, in no particular order.

Astrobot: Rescue Mission - incredible game and the first time I really had that "wow" moment in VR.

Skyrim VR - Low effort port overall, but that doesn't negate the sheer thrill of playing through an entire open world RPG in VR.

Pistol Whip - Part Beat Saber, part John Wick movie. I'd say it's better than Beat Saber, but unfortunately it lacks in content.

Beat Saber - The definitive PSVR rhythm game and for good reason. Base game doesn't have an incredible amount of content but along with the DLC packs there's a ton to do with this game.

Pixel Ripped 1995 - The original Pixel Ripped was incredibly janky, however even with its terrible graphics the melding of 'real' worlds with 2D sprites was great. This game is much higher quality and far more polished than the original, and overall is a standout game.

RIGS - Kinda like Unreal Tournament with mech suits. High octane gameplay that controls fantastically, it's just a shame there isn't a better singleplayer mode because the multiplayer was essentially dead on arrival.

The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners - One of the few truly full fledged VR games. While it's not exactly at an AAA level, it's a very functional game with fantastic combat and a solid story. Also, you can kill zombies with spoons, so that's neat.

Zenith: The Last City - The concept of VR MMOs has been around in fiction for quite a while, and Zenith is the closest we've gotten to that thus far. It is, again, rather low budget compared to mainstream MMOs, however it is a full MMO made exclusively for VR, and that counts for something.

• Like 2

From my own library:

1. Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners: Incredible immersion, story is interesting enough, exploring feels meaningful, combat is satisfying.

2. Astrobot Rescue: Really well-made platformer with great diversity of environments.

3. Moss: Similar to Astrobot perspective-wise, fun puzzles with well-designed levels, though combat got a bit boring after a while.

4. A Fisherman's Tale: I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this, has good puzzles and a great level of interaction with the environment.

5. You Are Being Followed: Considering that this is free and relatively short, this is a must-play; it is a walking sim but I found it very engaging.

6. Shooty Fruity: A good shooter with a range of game modes and a funny narrator (though she may get annoying while you go for the marathon trophies)

7. The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets: Short but sweet puzzle game.

8. Skyrim: It's Skyrim in VR.

9. Doom VFR: Rather short but experiencing 2016 Doom-style levels in VR was really cool.

10. PSVR Worlds: May be controversial, but I really enjoyed VR luge and some of the other minigames (but stay away from the emetic Scavengers Odyssey).

Others that I enjoyed but wouldn't put in a top 10 were

• Paper beast: Cool premise but really abstract, definitely not for everyone.
  • Surgeon sim VR: Lazy port, though it was liberating to finally have good control over movements.
  • The Inpatient: Quite an effective horror title (i.e. good atmosphere + jumpscares), but started to get really dull after a while (even considering that I like the until dawn franchise)
  • Rush of blood: Too short for my liking and a real pain to trophy hunt as it is a rail shooter.
  • Tumble VR: Interesting puzzle game, I can see people getting bored with this quickly, however.
  • Gun Club VR: Way too many levels; once you have played a couple with each weapon class, you have pretty much seen everything.
  • American Dream: Really corny, but I would recommend this if you like rail shooters.
  • Wolfenstein Cyberpilot: Far too short to justify the price it usually costs, but if you are a fan of Wolfenstein it's probably worth it.
  • Pierhead Arcade: I mistakenly thought this was the one that Jerma985 played (I think he actually streamed Pierhead 2...) which is why I bought it. This is very much a novelty.

I wouldn't consider games like RE7 and GT Sport 'VR' titles as they can be played entirely outside of VR, but of course RE7 is amazing in VR.

I don't think I have 10 games that I would rate in a 'bottom 10' list; the only ones on my account that I would stay away from are Bravo Team and The Guy VR on account of their frequent bugs/crashes.

Edited by zeitgeist_02
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, zeitgeist_02 said:

From my own library:

1. Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners: Incredible immersion, story is interesting enough, exploring feels meaningful, combat is satisfying.

2. Astrobot Rescue: Really well-made platformer with great diversity of environments.

3. Moss: Similar to Astrobot perspective-wise, fun puzzles with well-designed levels, though combat got a bit boring after a while.

4. A Fisherman's Tale: I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this, has good puzzles and a great level of interaction with the environment.

5. You Are Being Followed: Considering that this is free and relatively short, this is a must-play; it is a walking sim but I found it very engaging.

6. Shooty Fruity: A good shooter with a range of game modes and a funny narrator (though she may get annoying while you go for the marathon trophies)

7. The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets: Short but sweet puzzle game.

8. Skyrim: It's Skyrim in VR.

9. Doom VFR: Rather short but experiencing 2016 Doom-style levels in VR was really cool.

10. PSVR Worlds: May be controversial, but I really enjoyed VR luge and some of the other minigames (but stay away from the emetic Scavengers Odyssey).

I don't think I have 10 games that I would rate in a 'bottom 10' list; the only ones on my account that I would stay away from are Bravo Team and The Guy VR on account of their frequent bugs/crashes.

How is it possible to stay away if you have trophies in that Minigame LOL. Since i almost puked 3 or 4 years ago after playing SO 1 hour straight I didnt touch that minigame again.

3 hours ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

How is it possible to stay away if you have trophies in that Minigame LOL. Since i almost puked 3 or 4 years ago after playing SO 1 hour straight I didnt touch that minigame again.

When I finally got around to it I had already done the ridiculously hard danger ball trophies, meaning that Scavengers was the only thing left before the platinum. I think with enough time spent in VR you could get used to it, but the fact that it's in a pack-in game with the headset is crazy to me, like they didn't playtest it with someone who has never used VR before. Basically I would advise people to avoid it at all costs until they are very capable of overcoming motion sickness.

Edited by zeitgeist_02
  • Like 1

My best vr games in no particular order are:

Dick Wilde

To The Top

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

Alvo VR

Moss

Farpoint

Superhot VR

Playstation VR Worlds

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Beat Saber

Bad experiences were:

Swordsman

Witching Tower

Sniper Elite VR

Until You Fall

The Guy VR

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, zeitgeist_02 said:

When I finally got around to it I had already done the ridiculously hard danger ball trophies, meaning that Scavengers was the only thing left before the platinum. I think with enough time spent in VR you could get used to it, but the fact that it's in a pack-in game with the headset is crazy to me, like they didn't playtest it with someone who has never used VR before. Basically I would advise people to avoid it at all costs until they are very capable of overcoming motion sickness.

To be fair, everyone has different levels of sensitivity. Even when I first started playing PSVR I had barely any issues, and at this point I can play 6+ hours of VR straight with no issue. (Tested many, many times during my 100% playthrough of Skyrim VR.)

Besides that I'd recommend Dramamine or a similar over the counter motion sickness pill if it's an issue. I've heard it can do wonders.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I played between 100-150 psvr games from early 2019 till now, so top 10 lists don't work anymore. There were many that I liked a lot. I'll share my top 25 + other recommendations that rock, and the ones that I didn't like. Basically, I will share a potential "top 50 best psvr1 games" list in this post.

Top 25 best psvr1 games for me:

Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Dance Collider, Beat Saber, Sprint Vector, Blood and truth, Stardust Odyssey, Raw Data, Sairento, Tumble VR, Bound, Deracine, Electronauts, Xing, Rigs mechanized combat league, Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin, Until You Fall, Time Machine VR, Unearthing Mars 2 [with the aim controller], Fujii, Pistol whip, SuperHyperCube, Racket fury table tennis, Pixel Ripped 1995, To the Top, Rush VR

(Honorable mentions: Batman VR, Curious Tale of the stolen pets, The Playroom VR, Spiderman Far from Home VR experience, Audica, Form)

Not my personal favorites, but these are other awesome psvr1 games that many players will put in their top 10's for sure; I tried them (I even completed some of them) and I do think they are worth recommending 100%, even if I am not putting them in my personal top list: 
The Persistence, Rush of Blood, RE7, Saints and Sinners 1, Driveclub VR, Wipeout Omega Collection, Skyrim VR, Moss 1+2, Creed rise to glory, Farpoint, Borderlands 2 VR, Playstation VR Worlds, No heroes allowed VR, I expect you to die, Statik, Chromagun VR, Lucky's Tale VR, Ghost giant, Tripp, Job simulator, 2md VR football, OhShape, Synth Riders, Space Pirate Trainer, Star Wars Squadrons, Eagle flight, Tetris Effect, No man's sky, Dreams, Stride, Oh my Genesis VR, Catch & Release, Pinball FX2 VR

Other potential "top games" that I haven't played enough yet, so I can't rank them or recommend them yet: Wanderer, Windlands 1+2, Zenith the last city, Iron man VR, In death, Republique VR, Doom 3 VR, Doom VFR, Vader Immortal, Apex construct, Operencia the Stolen Sun, Red Matter, Puzzling places, Table of Tales, Transpose

Worst (these were extremely mediocre, and not worth it, even in a super discount, which was why I got them): 
grand museum vr, vr ping pong pro, vr ping pong, space explore vr, virtugo

Way too difficult to be fun, but some people might still like them anyways: ultrawings, polybius, hatsune miku vr, beats fever, thumper

Not necessarily bad, but I didn't like their gameplay style: super hot vr, drone stryker

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, chiino82 said:

What did you not like? 

I cannot say for sure anymore what i didn't like from that game. The only thing that i remember that i really didn't like was that the controller drift was so bad that most shots didn't go there where it should be because the controller did simply did what it wanted

I haven't played many and tend to get sick pretty quickly while playing VR but I enjoyed the following;

1) Skyrim VR

2) Resident Evil 7

3) Monsters of the Deep (Final Fantasy fishing game)

4) Catch and release ( also a fishing game)

The 2 fishing games were slow paced and allowed me to play for extended periods of time.