Your Top 10 Best/Worst VR Experience

dimavankula

I didn't have PSVR - went for the Oculus... but for my money Tetris Effect is absolutely spectacular. It's the only game I keep coming back to in VR. 

Then I deleted my facebook account and lost every game I ever purchased. Then I took a baseball bat to my Oculus. 

Already preordered PSVR2

• Like 2

In no particular order.

Best games.

1. Resident evil 7. Fingers crossed the ps5 port is Vr2 enhanced at some point, I feel it is likely.

2. WD Saints and sinners. Was ready to buy the bundle but the free update news was greatly received.

3. Skyrim, Played it with the Moves on a Pro so the experience was probably better than base PS4. Really hope that we get a psvr2 port (we won't of course)

4. Farpoint. Even though I played (& platted) with the dual shock as I don't have an AIM, I thought it was great and had a nice mix of SP, challenges and COOP which is rare in VR.

5. Battlezone.  Really enjoyed the COOP part of this game which helped the crazy grind to the platinum.

6. Ghost giant. Really surprised of how good this was.

7. Blood and truth

8. Wipeout. This in VR changed me from a poor pilot to a competant one.

9. Dirt Rally. See above. Another game that I think we won't see a port for, very annoying.

10. Astro bot. Even though I couldn't the challenges, this was a joyous game.

11. Until dawn. So much fun even on the ps5 with the pause issue pausing the action.

Worst games.

Sniper elite.  The drift issue completely destroys this game which is a shame because it is actually a pretty good game and goes from a 7.5/10 to 3/10. Disgraceful that the issues haven't been fixed and a free upgrade would be the only way to even start to address my dissatisfaction with this game, though I feel a port is unlikely. 

Paper beast. Just found it boredom central.

I am surprised nobody mentioned Tar Trek: Bridge Crew yet.

This is one of my favorite games I played in four player coop. Very immersive, live action role playing. You need to communicate. As I played with friends I rekkon this may not be the case for everyone. VR not needed anymore but highly recommended, even lips move when ingame party chat is activated.

Other honorable mentions in my opinion are:

Dirt Rally: best VR racing game, play on all tracks, full campaign

Battle Zone: great combat, very little motion sickness, great coop title, as stated above

Bullett Roulette: grab a beer and start shoot each other, hilarious even with randoms without chat, just gestures and movements

The American Dream: shoot holes into donuts, bitter satire on guns

Final Assault: real time strategy with diorama like graphics

Titles I was a little disappointed of:

Gran Tourismo Sport: great graphics but really just a tech demo, too little content

Robinson: boy my stomach felt very bad, great graphics but overall a chore to play

Sports Bar Hangout 2.0: clunky controls, motion sickness during pool billiard, really?

Let me know if you liked these games as well or have other reccommendations.

Disclaimer: personal taste, subjctive opinion

10 hours ago, Feichti1992 said:

I cannot say for sure anymore what i didn't like from that game. The only thing that i remember that i really didn't like was that the controller drift was so bad that most shots didn't go there where it should be because the controller did simply did what it wanted

What controller were you using?  I'm thinking of getting the aim controller for games like this.  

On 8.2.2023 at 0:21 AM, chiino82 said:

What controller were you using?  I'm thinking of getting the aim controller for games like this.  

I played the full game with the aim controller. It makes games like Farpoint or Alvo a masterpiece because it feels simply fucking amazing. First time i played farpoint with it, I couldn´t stop grinning x'D.  But in Sniper Elite the problem lies with the game and not the controller.

Oh and i don´t recommend Alvo. Its a really good game but way to few players are playing it.

On 7.2.2023 at 9:46 PM, Capt_Darling said:

Worst games.

Sniper elite.  The drift issue completely destroys this game which is a shame because it is actually a pretty good game and goes from a 7.5/10 to 3/10. Disgraceful that the issues haven't been fixed and a free upgrade would be the only way to even start to address my dissatisfaction with this game, though I feel a port is unlikely.

There you have more

• 5 months later...

I've just included any game that has VR capability. 

My two cents : 

Dirt Rally - Full game in VR is awesome.

GT Sport - Playing @ Nürburgring time trail is all i wanted to do.

Ace Combat 7 - Not much VR content, but loved it.

Astro Bot Rescue Mission - Absolutely astounding. (If there's one game i could chose, it's probably this)

Eagle Flight - Surprisingly good, flying around a city as an Eagle.

Moss - Cute, charming, fun & enjoyable.

Rez Infinite - The fast paced techno/trance music is right up my alley.

Wipeout Omega Collection - It's Wipeout.. what else is there to say?

Pirate Flight VR - Enjoyed this more than i should.

The Playroom VR - Free games like this just make my day.

Below are some i've played briefly in VR and i'm less familiar with compared to those above.

Resi 7 - I need to play more of it in VR, but i acknowledge this is god tier for alot of you.

Tekken 7 - VR mode is very limited but actually decent as a novelty.

Tetris Effect - Seemed cool for the short time i played it.

Star Wars Squadrons - Just couldn't enjoy the controls. You can pitch & roll just fine, but the button mapping for weapons/shields for my playstyle just felt off. I gave up very early on.

1976 - Back to Midway - Retro gaming shoot 'em up with a VR twist.

Doom 3 : VR Edition - Another i need to play more of, but seems fun from my brief playing time.

Here They Lie - I think the VR made it feel more disturbing/immersive.

The Walking Dead : Saints & Sinners - Another i gave up on very early, as the arms got tangled up like spaghetti and it was frustrating to try to aim properly. 

They're are numerous others i've played briefly but nothing standsout and shouts " I have to play this more"

I named way too many in the other reply, so let's reduce it to my 10 best and 10 worst experiences:

10 best: Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Moss 2, To the Top, Vader Immortal, Sprint Vector, Iron Man VR, Rigs Mechanized Combat League, Stardust Odyssey, Bound, Dance Collider

(honorable mentions: Xing, Raw Data, Fujii, Form, Electronauts, Batman VR)

10 worst:

Carnival games VR (too difficult and that kills the fun)

Super hot vr (grand bs ending and it wasn't fun in comparison to pistol whip, raw data, sairento, and others),

Ultrawings (too hard to be fun),

vr ping pong pro (terrible and unrealistic physics, it is the crappy ping pong iphone game in VR pretty much),

Space Channel 5 (not my cup of tea, thankfully I only tried the free demo),

Spice and Wolf VR (an anime episode in VR that costs $7.49 on max discount, which was when I got it; it is not terrible, but this is a grand theft of your cash),

Blasters of the Universe (most annoying villain I have ever seen in any game ever, so annoying that that dude made me dislike the game, even though the shooting gameplay wasn't bad at all)

Hatsune Miku VR (too hard to be fun)

Separation (walking simulator that seems promising, but you will stay stuck forever without looking up what you are supposed to do in youtube, and I don't like that, so I stopped playing it)

Drone Stryker (didn't like this one, another case of too hard to be fun)

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 1