Quink666

Question about post game. Spoilers follow!

14 posts in this topic

Heavy spoilers follow. Don't continue reading if you have not played to the end game.

Spoiler

After the final mission do you get reverted back to a save with Arthur or are you forced to play a John? I have several Stranger mission started but not completed. Was planning on saving them for the post game clean-up. If you are forced to play as John i'll just load my latest chapter 6 save instead.

Dont feel like buying all weapons and customizing them again and go find the arabian once more. Spent sooooo long getting everything the way i wanted it and refuse to do it again.

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure you keep basically everything that Arthur has, except for money (until the end of the Epilogue), and that includes quests that you had already started and whatnot. I mean, basically everything was the same for me when I had transitioned from Arthur to John, but I'm not 100% sure if you get locked out of anything

Edited by ManaFear

5 minutes ago, ManaFear said:
Spoiler

I'm pretty sure you keep basically everything that Arthur has, except for money (until the end of the Epilogue), and that includes quests that you had already started and whatnot. I mean, basically everything was the same for me when I had transitioned from Arthur to John, but I'm not 100% sure if you get locked out of anything

Spoiler

Except John only has all his stats at level 3 my HP, Stamina & Dead Eye with Arthur where all at level 8. Took forever to get Dead Eye to level 8. I started with John and only had level 3 of everything. So now i'm forced to spend another 45 hours grinding it up again... Man this game went from great to awful real fast. Plus John is a booring character compared to Arthur. Guess i'll just load a chapter 6 save to save myself some trouble.

Edited by Quink666

Just now, Quink666 said:

Hide contents

Except John only has all his stats at level 3 my HP, Stamina & Dead Eye with Arthur where all at level 8. Took forever to get Dead Eye to level 8. I started with John and only had level 3 of everything. So now i'm forced to spend another 45 hours grinding it up again... Man this game went from great to awful real fast. Plus John is a booring character compared to Arthur. Guess i'll just load a chapter 6 save to save myself some trouble.

Spoiler

Oh yeah the stats and whatnot aren't exactly the same as Arthur either. It's a shame, but I guess it makes sense. The epilogue is only required for another two trophies iirc (being the two story related Epilogue ones), so your best bet is to probably stick with Arthur until you're ready to move on.

8 minutes ago, ManaFear said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh yeah the stats and whatnot aren't exactly the same as Arthur either. It's a shame, but I guess it makes sense. The epilogue is only required for another two trophies iirc (being the two story related Epilogue ones), so your best bet is to probably stick with Arthur until you're ready to move on.

Spoiler

Also you start with a shitty horse with no bonding at all so it is completely fucking useless. Man this game just went from a solid 8 to a low 5.... Forced to grind stats from level 3 to 8 again and find a new arabian and bond it to max. All inventory like herbs, meat, legendary animal parts etc fucking gone with the wind.... Also lost over 13k, but hopefully you can atleast get some money from the later epilogue missions. But absolute worst part is you are forced to play as John... He is just to dull.

Edited by Quink666

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:
  Hide contents

Also you start with a shitty horse with no bonding at all so it is completely fucking useless. Man this game just went from a solid 8 to a low 5.... Forced to grind stats from level 3 to 8 again and find a new arabian and bond it to max. All inventory like herbs, meat, legendary animal parts etc fucking gone with the wind.... Also lost over 13k, but hopefully you can atleast get some money from the later epilogue missions. But absolute worst part is you are forced to play as John... He is just to dull.

Spoiler

Personally it didn't bother me since I plan on replaying the game entirely for myself when I can get a guide out, but I understand those complaints are pretty valid. If it's any consolation, you get 20k as part of the story so long as you keep playing.

Just now, ManaFear said:
  Hide contents

Personally it didn't bother me since I plan on replaying the game entirely for myself when I can get a guide out, but I understand those complaints are pretty valid. If it's any consolation, you get 20k as part of the story so long as you keep playing.

Spoiler

Thank god for that. Just annoyed that some legendary animal parts are gone. So i can't craft the trinkets/talisman is was planning on. Just got bucked of my horse because a wolf was close.... Real annoying. Well its only 10 more hours to get that horse decent again and then another 10 when i find the snow white arabian. Great gameplay... So bummed out about this all. 

Spoiler

Yeah unfortunately you stay as fuckface John for the rest of the game. Pissed me off so much cause I hate him and Arthur was awesome.

2 hours ago, Feral said:
  Hide contents

Yeah unfortunately you stay as fuckface John for the rest of the game. Pissed me off so much cause I hate him and Arthur was awesome.

Spoiler

Right! Arthur had personality, John barely has one imo. Well atleast the better part of the game we got to play as Arthur.

That’s odd, when I switched to John, it kept all my health/stamina/dead eye at level 8. The only thing besides the horse that changed for me was the honour. It reverted back to the middle, where as Arthur I had it maxed out. Luckily I got the max honour trophy done before I finished the story! This would actually be a pretty fun, challenging platinum if it weren’t for those two animal trophies...  the tedium (and lack of knowing if certain animals are missable or not) really makes me want to not plat this, as much as I loved it.

1 minute ago, frankenteen said:
Spoiler

That’s odd, when I switched to John, it kept all my health/stamina/dead eye at level 8. The only thing besides the horse that changed for me was the honour. It reverted back to the middle, where as Arthur I had it maxed out. Luckily I got the max honour trophy done before I finished the story! This would actually be a pretty fun, challenging platinum if it weren’t for those two animal trophies...  the tedium (and lack of knowing if certain animals are missable or not) really makes me want to not plat this, as much as I loved it.

1 minute ago, frankenteen said:

Spoiler

I lost my legendary animal parts and got level 3 on all stats. Have bought so many cig packs with cards now that im almost level 7 dead eye. The others are easy to level up compared to dead eye.

Edited by Quink666

3 hours ago, ManaFear said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Thank god for that. Just annoyed that some legendary animal parts are gone. So i can't craft the trinkets/talisman is was planning on. Just got bucked of my horse because a wolf was close.... Real annoying. Well its only 10 more hours to get that horse decent again and then another 10 when i find the snow white arabian. Great gameplay... So bummed out about this all. 

Spoiler

Wow another annoying thing i just noticed is that all Stranger missions get reset so you have to do them again. Just got to do the ties that bind again, was at part 3 now im at 1 again. Guess it makes sense, they quest givers would probably wonder who the hell you are if you come up to them and try helping out when they never met you before.

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:
  Hide contents

Right! Arthur had personality, John barely has one imo. Well atleast the better part of the game we got to play as Arthur.

Spoiler

Yeah Arthur was interesting and cool. John is just a whingey pain in the arse. True but I wish it was the whole game and that he didn't die.

Rockstar has gotten bloody thirsty recently in regards to protagonists in any game that isn't GTA.

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

Wow another annoying thing i just noticed is that all Stranger missions get reset so you have to do them again. Just got to do the ties that bind again, was at part 3 now im at 1 again. Guess it makes sense, they quest givers would probably wonder who the hell you are if you come up to them and try helping out when they never met you before.

Not all stranger missions reset. Ties that bind got reset for me aswell, but e.g. I still had the same progress in the Two Brothers quest.