Warcraft 3 Remaster Announced at Blizzcon

SnowxSakura

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/02/blizzard-reveals-warcraft-iii-reforged-a-remaster-of-the-classic-game-coming-in-2019/

warcraft

Blizzard is bringing back Warcraft III with Warcraft III: Reforged, a remaster that includes both the Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne campaigns. The game launches in 2019, and comes with the popular World Editor tool, and Battle.net support.

Blizzard has provided some more info on the game, which you can find below:

Warcraft III: Reforged is a complete reimagining of a real-time strategy classic. Experience the epic origin stories of Warcraft, now more stunning and evocative than ever before.

Relive the events of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. Command mysterious night elves, insidious undead, savage orcs, and noble humans as alliances shift and cultures clash in ruthless conflict.

• 62 missions across Kalimdor, Lordaeron, Northrend, and beyond
  • 40+ hours of epic gameplay, with 4+ hours of reforged cutscenes
  • Control over 20 legendary heroes and villains from Warcraft lore: gain experience, level up, master powerful abilities, and enhance nearby units

Reign of Chaos

Humans, orcs, and night elves must stand together against the Burning Legion and their armies of undead. Witness the tragedy of Arthas Menethil and the redemption of the Horde in this sprawling chapter of Warcraft’s epic history.

The Frozen Throne

Aid the Sentinels in their quest to stop Illidan, lead the blood elves to Outland in search of salvation, ascend the Frozen Throne, and help Thrall carve out a new homeland for orcs in Durotar.

Here’s a cinematic trailer for the game:

Followed by a trailer for The Culling Campaign:

Here’s some gameplay from Blizzard:

Apart from updated visuals and animations, Blizzard have upgraded the game with many UI and QoL improvements. They are also making balance changes to heroes, units, and buildings in order to take Warcraft III’s gameplay into the modern age.

Warcraft III: Reforged comes out in 2019 for PC.

I am so excited for this, the custom games was always the part I enjoyed the most in warcraft 3, so I'll be ready to hop back into those again

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

I played WC2 on PS1, it was a pretty interesting experience.

That Diablo mobile game tho, what a disaster.

Diablo Immortal AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH no. There are rumors about it possibly being a reskinned Chinese mobile game or two from the same company. Pitiful.

The "out-of-season April Fool's joke" is my new hero.

ps: i hope this WC3 means that i'll be able to download and play the original version from the Battle.net client, just like they did with Starcraft.

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Diablo Immortal AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH no. There are rumors about it possibly being a reskinned Chinese mobile game or two from the same company. Pitiful.

The "out-of-season April Fool's joke" is my new hero.

ps: i hope this WC3 means that i'll be able to download and play the original version from the Battle.net client, just like they did with Starcraft.

It's been removed from the client, but you can still download it off the blizzard website if you already own it

3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's been removed from the client, but you can still download it off the blizzard website if you already own it

Removed? It hasn't been added yet lol. I mean when they released Starcraft Remastered, they released the original "legacy" game for free to use through the Battle.net client (i meant the one used by Diablo III, Starcraft II etc.), but it had the size of the Remastered version (same files for everyone), despite it being only "demastered" if you didn't pay for the Remastered version. I'd like to see all their "legacy" games under the same client, including the ones not sold digitally (D1, D2, WC1, WC2)

Edited by Lance_87

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Removed? It hasn't been added yet lol. I mean when they released Starcraft Remastered, they released the original "legacy" game for free to use through the Battle.net client (i meant the one used by Diablo III, Starcraft II etc.), but it had the size of the Remastered version (same files for everyone), despite it being only "demastered" if you didn't pay for the Remastered version. I'd like to see all their "legacy" games under the same client, including the ones not sold digitally (D1, D2, WC1, WC2)

Oh thought you were talking about the legacy wc3 through the battlenet client

How about we remaster World of Warcraft....as much as I love WC3 im not going to buy this. I just dont play PC anymore...now if it was on PS4. HELL YES!

4 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

How about we remaster World of Warcraft....as much as I love WC3 im not going to buy this. I just dont play PC anymore...now if it was on PS4. HELL YES!

Instead of remastering WoW they're releasing a Classic version without expansions and updates xD