Zoologist & Skin Deep- Achieved + Helpful tip

EphemeralEcho

So can you or anyone confirm if you need the Guarma animals for the two animial-related trophies? I've completed the story and I didn't know about the two trophies so I can't get the animals from Guarma and I don't have a save from near chapter 5 nor do I have the determination to play all the way up to chapter 5 again. In other topic-related posts, some people say that the Guarma animals aren't needed and some do - extremely confusing!

Edited by EpicThunderRain

Just now, EpicThunderRain said:

So can you or anyone confirm if you need the Guarma animals for the two animial-related trophies? I've completed the story and I didn't know about the two trophies so I can't get the animals from Guarma and I don't have a save from chapter nor do I have the determination to play all the way up to chapter 5 again.

Don't think you need them.

I really hope not needing the Guarma ones is true,  I have a save at Guarma but I really don't feel like loading it up and going back.  I am still going to wait for %100 confirmation because I don't want to do all animals twice.  I have 3 of the Guarma ones on my main save so your saying those might push the counter forward?  The one animal trophy says all states, the other says all animals in story mode.  Did you get both without Guarma animals?

1 minute ago, NaseemJohn said:

You only need to study and skin them. The animals on guarma island are not needed I can confirm this since I didn't bother with the ones on the island and still got the trophy. You also don't need the parakeet.

oh that's great. I've got a couple of animals which I've studied and skinned about a dozen times but its percentage is still at like 75%. Glad to know that it has no impact on the trophy. :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

You only need to study and skin them. The animals on guarma island are not needed I can confirm this since I didn't bother with the ones on the island and still got the trophy. You also don't need the parakeet and legendary animals.

Are you one hundred percent sure? I just wanna be because I finished the story and missed the animals on Guarma and I would very much avoid playing all the way up to chapter 5 again just to skin and study some animals...

8 minutes ago, EpicThunderRain said:

Are you one hundred percent sure? I just wanna be because I finished the story and missed the animals on Guarma and I would very much avoid playing all the way up to chapter 5 again just to skin and study some animals...

Yeah I got the trophy.

Edited by NaseemJohn
  • Like 1

Just now, Raxious said:

Do we need to hit 100% completion for every animal, or is simply skinning it and studying it with R1 enough?

Just got the Fer-de-Lance but after skinning it and studying it it's at 75%. Really don't wanna spent another 4 hours farming it ^^'

Tracking isn't needed.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NCSFan001 said:

do you also have to skin/kill animals like dogs and horses or others that don't list skinning as an option in the completion menu?

You only need to skin the animals that can be skinned according to the compendium. Animals that are plucked or collected aren’t needed for the Skin Deep trophy.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

You only need to skin the animals that can be skinned according to the compendium. Animals that are plucked or collected aren’t needed for the Skin Deep trophy.

So that means you don't need to pluck any of the birds?

5 hours ago, Waraneasy said:

Someone has hunt Guarma animals and  checkec if the % change on the Social Club ?

I did, it doesn't change. Fer de lance, boas, booty, macaw - none of them change the percentage. I dunno why noone checked that or assumed the tracker is broken. It kinda isn't for other things. Inb4 strangers - it counts the strands after you get the gold medal at the end.

People are so scared now because of all the panic. It's the same "ARE U SURE?" every thread and the people still farming guarma for some reason.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Feral said:

Just saved me a lot of time now I don't have to pluck those stupid birds, cheers mate 1f44d.png

The ring necked pheasant and Chinese ring necked pheasant are the only birds that can be skinned :)

39 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Do you guys search randomly for the animals or is there a list that says where each can be found?

I bought a guide book that showed all locations. Some were still hard to find even with the book, specifically the birds. 

Edited by NaseemJohn
  • Like 1