Zoologist & Skin Deep- Achieved + Helpful tip

EphemeralEcho

1 minute ago, WWEFAN9090 said:

Use scent lotion, and goto the general area where the panther will spawn, you can crouch to avoid being detected but use predator bait or potent predator bait and wait. That's how I got mine.

I actually got it almost immediately after I made my post. I loaded up my save right next to the spawn and the Panther targetted a passerby NPC instead of my giving me enough time to study and then kill it. Thank you random NPC and may you rest in peace!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

I actually got it almost immediately after I made my post. I loaded up my save right next to the spawn and the Panther targetted a passerby NPC instead of my giving me enough time to study and then kill it. Thank you random NPC and may you rest in peace!

Ha ha ha ha the NPC sacrificed themselves for the greater good.

31 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

Remember there are 2 panthers! 

Also can anyone confirm if you need the parakeet for the zoologist trophy?

37 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

I got the second one using your advice, thank you! I actually didn't know there were two.

No problem! Just wanted to give a heads up, since I almost missed it until I looked at the one I studied, said I had anothe roantjer skinned so had to set bait and wait. 

On 11/5/2018 at 2:37 AM, Erkawest said:

Got the turkey!!

Finally done and #2 on leaderboard for now 

Good night!

This is wrong, a lot of birds can be skinned. Like the 3 loons. My trophy popped when I skinned the Rio turkey!

Do you remember where it spawned the Rio turkey? Thats my last one as well for the two trophies

On 11/3/2018 at 9:44 PM, NaseemJohn said:

You only need to study and skin them. The animals on guarma island are not needed I can confirm this since I didn't bother with the ones on the island and still got the trophy. You also don't need the parakeet and legendary animals.

Well, I got every animal on the mainland (studied and skinned) except for the legandaries and I didn't get the "Zoologist" trophy so far...

The "skin deep" trophy however popped when I still didn't have the parakeet found 

2 hours ago, MendicantBias859 said:

Well, I got every animal on the mainland (studied and skinned) except for the legandaries and I didn't get the "Zoologist" trophy so far...

The "skin deep" trophy however popped when I still didn't have the parakeet found 

Makes sense to me, birds aren't skinnable and do not count towards the trophy while you have to study the parakeet which is probably your last animal.

41 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Parakeet is not needed. Only birds that can be skinned are the ring necked pheasants. 

I thought only for people who do the guarma animals ?

I saw some people arguing about where the parakeet is and how hard it is to find but maybe I mix some things up.

Edited by KingTom95

I spent over 8 hours today hunting the Western Moose and I FINALLY got it. I found it at Cairn Lake, it spawns in the middle ice part but it can stray away into the trees so make sure to check the surrounding tree area. I got both Zoologist and Skin Deep after and like others have reported, I did not need to find the Carolina Parakeet for this. I did get all the island birds tho so that might be why.