The Hardest Trophies You Got in a Fair Way

Den_Punisher

1 minute ago, eigen-space said:

That goddamn jumprope trophy in FFIX. Took so much practice and patience to get it... kinda bums me out to know that many people got it by use of remote play+scripts :(

But at least I can be proud that I did it on my own.

Here we go! ?

Thank's for feedback man! and Well done ?

• Like 2

Just now, Mscream9 said:

Also how about "The Hunt is my Mistress" trophy in Shadow of Mordor? This was forcing me to be the craziest on the Middle Earth 1f602.png

I exploited for this, used backup saves. Without them it's really down to luck whether or not you run into enough Captains to get everything to work right, but it's obviously doable, just quite hard

Just now, Burgins said:

I exploited for this, used backup saves. Without them it's really down to luck whether or not you run into enough Captains to get everything to work right, but it's obviously doable, just quite hard

it took me about 6-8 hours to catch the luck to get this one done. I can say that it was hot! haha 

After this trial... next one with the Bright Lord was nothing LOL

• Like 3

I don't know if it's because it's still so fresh in my memory, but Unchanging Armor from Kingdom Hearts.  Even on Easy with the special equipment that wasn't fun.  Chernobog and the World of Chaos can eat a dick.  And because I went for Speedster too, I was Underleveled.  Granted, looking back I did it in like half the time (my last save is at 7:12 and the trophy is under 15 hours) so I probably could have grinded a little, but I'm stubborn and went for it.  

Or Aldritch, Devourer of Gods from Dark Souls 3.  I had no help on this one.  And when I finally did it, I had no Estus going into Phase 2 and survived with the tiniest sliver of HP.

• Like 1

would be my rarest,

diamonds are forever on 2k16, I unlocked 5 runes in the 1st week, entered them and was denied entry to the secret auction, reordered runes (not even knowing what I was doing) then it worked. had to sell a lot of what I had to buy the diamond contract for the trophy. wasn't until later I realised how lucky I was to have the right 5 runes at that time as the combinations always changed. 

those runes were crap, I had fun with this game but I don't normally play sports sims, rather play the real thing lol

Edited by Da_Man-023
added info

To the Extreme!

8La3cc96.png (240Ã240)

Defuse all bombs in the "Extreme" section.

Not really hard like the others mentioned below, but it took a lot of time and commitment to earn this trophy. It's just that much more satisfying knowing how far I came to beat it! (also think I'm in the top 50 for beating it too..granted, 50 people haven't even 100%ed the game yet).

Scavenge Hunt

51Lb8df77.png

Completed the Main Campaign in 1999 Mode without purchasing anything from a Dollar Bill machine

Seriously, I still think to this day that Black Ops 1 and 1999 mode are the two hardest difficulties I've ever played in a game. I played Grounded mode in TLOU at a friend's house, and I still think this is way harder. You could flip this one with the Black Ops Veteran mode. They both equally were excruciatingly painful especially towards the beginning.

Machine Crusher

50Ldf7506.png

Defeat NANCY-MI847J

This is one of those trophies that were really easy to some and extremely hard for others. I'm in the vote of the latter. I was off for Christmas break in college and decided to clean up some old games and this literally ate 6 hours of retrying over and over and over again. F- this asshole...

And last, and definitely not least....

Castle Guide

15L0b4356.png (240Ã240)

beat the game within 2 hours

Looking back on the game, I don't think I've ever been more frustrated with a trophy or more angry with a game than this one. I tried for the 2 hour run and missed it by less than a minute on my first go and gave up and redid the entire playthrough. Never EVER again. You couldn't pay me money to do this for someone else.

• Like 1

I like the topic. Good way to look back at some nightmarish, yet rewarding accomplishments in gaming.

Art of Fighting Anthology

6Lc0bcd5.png

Heir to the Dojo
Clear all three games on Hard difficulty including special stages

Spoiler

Being able to continue helped a ton. Still, as you can see, a very frustrating task. That video is just of part 1. Beating Geese on part 2 is just as insane if you haven't figured out the cheese way...which took me a lofng time to figure out. 

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

21Ld0fff4.png

Hire Me 
Beat all 128 original developer ghosts in Time Attack

the MSPR plat is probably my hardest plat/100% to date. This was one of the hardest trophies in the bunch. I also got to know what rubber band ai was because of this game. The ai on the hardest races was super brutal. Took me a long time to figure this game out.

• Like 1

Off the top of my head "...Becomes the Master" from Titanfall 2. There's really nothing you can do to exploit it or anything like that. Maybe it's just because I'm really not a fan of strict time trial sort of things but I'm kind of proud of getting that one.   

Another is "Surgical Precision" from Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise mainly because I don't play rhythm games and the final song it wants you to play is a bit nuts with all the button prompts across the screen. Here's a video for some context.

Spoiler

Keep in mind you have to not miss a beat/get a bad note and so that means getting 151 notes done right with this song.

Along with that there's also the "Perfectionist" trophy in Yakuza 0 which basically means it wants you to do everything in the game including rhythm games like disco which took me a long time to get good at.

I also did Veteran difficulty on World at War and the other Call of Duty games I have with a trophy list and other hard difficulty stuff like Dante Must Die in Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3. Granted with Devil May Cry 1 I did a bunch of Normal playthroughs to farm for items. There's a lot of stuff I could list, but the ones listed are the ones I'm glad to get off the top of my head, especially since it seems a lot of people struggle with them. Not meaning I'm glad to hear people struggle, but you know :P

• Like 1