The Hardest Trophies You Got in a Fair Way

Den_Punisher

I got the plat in Gran Turismo 5 years ago and i needed a wheel for 4 races to win. Three of them the infamous Vettel ones. 15 hours on Nürburgring and 18 hours on Suzuka until i succeeded :D

A more recent one: Walk in the Park from Trine 2 PS4 took a few attempts (finish all missions on highest difficulty). Frustrating if you die not only cuz of enemies/combat but of easy looking death traps :(

Oh and also Beat the challenges of the Gods in God of War PS3. I quitted the last trial after 6 hours constantly failiures (10 hours for all trials played). Two weeks later i got all (10) challenges within 4 hours :)

• Like 1

Very glad to see this topic getting a lot of buzz. I love reading through these, gives me a chance to see what everyone's most frustrating, piss hard, worst nightmare trophy, grind whatever they had to go through to earn them.

I'll just list one trophy for now...

22L62243b.png

Downwell - Well Master (Beat the boss (hard mode))

Took several hours to get this. You need to beat four areas with three levels each before you reach the boss, in one go. Hopefully you will have enough health and ammunition. This trophy ended up taking the bulk of my 20 hours with Downwell. Maybe because I suck at this game, but just getting to the boss was a bitch in itself, The Catacombs in Hard Mode was what ended a lot of my runs due to RNG and enemies being cheap. Very proud of this one.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

52Lc3a21e.png

Legendary Ninja 
Clear the story on the Ultimate Ninja play style and Ultimate Ninja Trials 4 & 5.

This trophy is from the DLC pack of Ninja Gaiden 3. To be quite honest the main game platinum trophy wasn't too bad (or at least, not as bad as people are trying to make it look like) but this trophy was on a whole other level. Clearing the story on ultimate ninja was difficult as expected but nothing close to impossible but the ultimate ninja trials were stupidly hard for multiple reasons.

• The first one is that the UN trials have to be done with an online partner so they require 2 extremely good people to be able to handle the trials and if one dies it has a really high chance of screwing the entire mission.
  • The second thing is that sometimes the game was lagging because my partner was at the other end of the world, needless to say this game is nearly unplayable with lag and the game is going to punish you really hard even for a really small mistake...
  • Third and final reason, some missions were glitched. Sometimes a boss never spawned or if he spawned he would be unkillable which means that we'll have to start the whole trial again even if we were at the very end. What pissed me the most was during UN Trial 5 (if I remember correctly) was that a boss named Alexei would sometimes totally ignore the fact that you're attacking him and focus on your ally even though your ally is already dealing with another boss and when this happens it's basically game over (and if you manage to get out of this situation by a miracle it's at the cost of a lot of your/your ally HP)

If the game wasn't glitched and the online was perfect I'm sure this trophy would not have been as frustrating.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

52Lc3a21e.png

Legendary Ninja 
Clear the story on the Ultimate Ninja play style and Ultimate Ninja Trials 4 & 5.

This trophy is from the DLC pack of Ninja Gaiden 3. To be quite honest the main game platinum trophy wasn't too bad (or at least, not as bad as people are trying to make it look like) but this trophy was on a whole other level. Clearing the story on ultimate ninja was difficult as expected but nothing close to impossible but the ultimate ninja trials were stupidly hard for multiple reasons.

• The first one is that the UN trials have to be done with an online partner so they require 2 extremely good people to be able to handle the trials and if one dies it has a really high chance of screwing the entire mission.
  • The second thing is that sometimes the game was lagging because my partner was at the other end of the world, needless to say this game is nearly unplayable with lag and the game is going to punish you really hard even for a really small mistake...
  • Third and final reason, some missions were glitched. Sometimes a boss never spawned or if he spawned he would be unkillable which means that we'll have to start the whole trial again even if we were at the very end. What pissed me the most was during UN Trial 5 (if I remember correctly) was that a boss named Alexei would sometimes totally ignore the fact that you're attacking him and focus on your ally even though your ally is already dealing with another boss and when this happens it's basically game over (and if you manage to get out of this situation by a miracle it's at the cost of a lot of your/your ally HP)

If the game wasn't glitched and the online was perfect I'm sure this trophy would not have been as frustrating.

I don't think that's the case, but nobody really got my help with the game that often. I have helped people with Ninja Gaiden 3 who were new to the game who got 0 kills and I killed everything for them, the only thing they had to know was to avoid the bosses rather than trying to fight them. Having a bad internet connection with your partner is the cause of some of the online glitches, I can agree with that part. But both players don't need to be good at the game to do Ninja Gaiden 3 together, however my definition of good on that game is different to how a trophy hunter would find it. You could say you need one extremely good player and one lucky player to do it together if you want to not work hard for it. 

In answer to the topic. I've never done a trophy without the glitch/exploit while working on the trophy if I know the game has the glitch/exploit available. But I have done every Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 mission and Ninja Gaiden 3 trial completely as the game intended without glitches or being carried and that was because I enjoyed the games. At the end of the day, the trophy is still the same on every profile that has it, there's no special award for doing the trophy without a glitch/exploit. Even without glitches or exploits, trophies don't require you to become a pro at the game to do it. 

• Like 1

Out of the games I've played, I'd say that the hardest ones were:

47S9cfae9.png

Commited to the Cause - Assassins Creed IV Black Flag

While I did played online matches, I found out that you could do stuff solo. So, I started doing that and tried to complete all the special requirements. Took a long while, but I did eventually reached LV 55.

44S7f5ed1.png 40S7721f2.png 

Gotham All-Star & I Am The Night - Batman Arkham Origins

Sometimes when I played MP, the game'd crash and I'd have to start it again, losing progress, but after a lot of matches, I managed to reach max level with everyone.

IATN was hard cause if you die, you've to start from the beginning. I'll be honest, I did use the "start from last checkpoint" option, cause I was lucky and didn't die at all, that was until I reached the 1st fight with Bane ?

1S027b38.png

Cheers to you! - Catherine

Completing Babel's tower was a nightmare, but I did all 3 stages by myself. However, I had to use a 2nd controller since the 4th stage was glitched (I think) in the North American version. And getting gold in all stages on Hard wasn't that easy either 

31Sc896ca.png

All Ruined - Dragon Ball Raging Blast

Had to repeatedly fight in all stages and make sure I was the one who destroyed everything, since if the CPU is the one who destroys something, it doesn't count

1Sde6d71.png

Legendary! - Rayman Legends

Getting to the final LV of awesomeness was tedious, since all I was able to get in the challenegs were gold cups. I only managed to get a platinum cup once ?

32Sef47fd.png

You Asked For It - The Evil Within

You need to finish the game in "Akumu" Mode, A.K.A "one hit death". In other words, everything can kill you. But with patience and carefulness, I finished the game and got it.

Edited by IceSoul21
It was my first time replying to a topic, and wanted to see if the media I inserted worked properly
  • Like 3

(Copying IceSoul's format ?)

42S731cbb.png "Sum of All Zeroes"- CoD: World at War (Down 45 Japanese Zeros in 'Black Cats'. (Solo only))

For this one you basically had to shoot all the planes down in a particular level, and they were really hard to miss. This was back when I wasn't using HDMI so it was hard to know where to aim with such a fuzzy screen. It got easier once I learnt where all the checkpoints were though, so if I knew I hadn't shot enough planes just before the next checkpoint was about to start I'd reload it rather than having to start from scratch.

21S679b8c.png "Hardened War Hero"- CoD: World at War (Complete the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty)

Technically it wasn't this trophy that was the hardest since you could get it by just finishing the second highest difficulty, but there were also trophies for finishing each level on veteran. I remember it being a complete nightmare because of the constant grenade spam. Most people seem to hate the Heart of the Reich level but Burn 'em Out was appropriately named cause it drove me stir-crazy. And this was before I was really into trophies or plats, I just liked to finish CoD games on veteran cause up until then I'd found it fun. 

51S4d67b3.png "Overachiever"- CoD: Modern Warfare 3  (Earn 48 stars in Special Ops Mission Mode)

This was probably the hardest one for me, you had to get 3 stars for each spec ops mission and the lag was always awful for the person not hosting. Some missions were also randomly easier with both 2 people or doing it solo, the last mission I needed to pop the trophy had to be done by myself cause I could never get past the first stage of it with a partner, I guess maybe they put extra enemies in it or something. A lot of the missions were also frustrating cause of the lack of checkpoints, so it'd be about 30 minutes wasted sometimes if you failed. Took a lot of willpower to finish the last few missions. Other than "Wetwork" from MW2 I thought the missions in that game were a piece of cake in comparison.

10Sb38801.png "Crush them with one swift stroke..."- Star Wars: Battlefront (Trample 25 soldiers with an AT-ST (Multiplayer))

I tried to boost this one with a group but it was impossible since there were too many randoms and a lot of the time someone would beat you to the vehicle token. I ended up really liking the multiplayer anyway and the trophy popped a while later. It was really hard to even get the token, let alone survive long enough to march over to a group and hope you could trample someone to death since obviously most people were smart enough to find cover and not stand right under your legs. If the playerbase isn't active anymore it's probably easy to boost this now though, I had a lot of fun doing most of those trophies solo apart from level 100 and killing the Falcon and Slave I since a teammate would always end up getting the last hit whenever I tried to do it.

29Sfd8660.png "Master"- Star Wars: Battlefront (Complete all missions on master difficulty in the original game)

Some of these missions were super annoying from what I can remember, I'm glad they ditched them in the second game even if II was a little too easy. Mainly survival on Tatooine and Battle on Hoth because there weren't many places you could take cover and you were dead in a couple of shots. I was ridiculously careful with Tatooine and ended up taking something like 3 hours to finish because I was nervous about venturing out if I couldn't tell where the last enemy was, cause some of them (like the snipers/scout troopers) were really hard to see.

• Like 2

Just a few off the top of my head:

18Sad766f.png FFX HD: Chocobo Rider

Was the platinum/progression blocker for a long time since you also need the rewards from this stupid minigame to earn Tidus's ultimate weapon. Shitty controls and delayed reaction from the character made it very difficult to avoid the birds that you'll have to avoid to get the time required all the while collecting balloons that are just as annoying to collect. I've probably spent at least 3-4 seemingly fruitless hours on this trophy before giving up, and then about 2 years later this game just popped on my mind while I was looking to clear out some of my backlog - I struggled as bad for the first 20-ish minutes before i had this one perfect run where I didn't get hit by a single bird and had just enough balloons to get my time down to 0.0.0. Rest of the way to platinum was a cake in comparison even though there was a ton of grinding involved.

FFX is a great game but this one task was a complete stinker and 26% completion rate on this site betrays how frustrating and luck based this is.

9S862903.png OlliOlli2: Going Pro

Not an easy game by any means, and later on you'll have trouble completing the levels let alone beating the challenges if your reflexes aren't on point. I picked this one instead of the one for beating pro challenges because titan sky on amateur is where the toughest learning curve is. One challenge at the end of amateur had me stuck for about 5 hours before I was finally able to nail it. Pro challenges and rad mode are in no way a pushover and many of the pro challenges gave me headaches for an hour or two but by this point you should be used to the kind of twitch reflex this game requires for you to succeed.

I'm just paraphrasing what I read a long time ago from someone who platinumed this game but if you're good enough to beat all the amateur challenges you can earn the platinum given enough time and effort.

Edited by jaehyun1009

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

I don't think that's the case, but nobody really got my help with the game that often. I have helped people with Ninja Gaiden 3 who were new to the game who got 0 kills and I killed everything for them, the only thing they had to know was to avoid the bosses rather than trying to fight them. Having a bad internet connection with your partner is the cause of some of the online glitches, I can agree with that part. But both players don't need to be good at the game to do Ninja Gaiden 3 together, however my definition of good on that game is different to how a trophy hunter would find it. You could say you need one extremely good player and one lucky player to do it together if you want to not work hard for it. 

In answer to the topic. I've never done a trophy without the glitch/exploit while working on the trophy if I know the game has the glitch/exploit available. But I have done every Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 mission and Ninja Gaiden 3 trial completely as the game intended without glitches or being carried and that was because I enjoyed the games. At the end of the day, the trophy is still the same on every profile that has it, there's no special award for doing the trophy without a glitch/exploit. Even without glitches or exploits, trophies don't require you to become a pro at the game to do it. 

Of course there are a couple of people that are on a whole other level on NG games and trained countless hours to master the series so these people could probably do it alone or with a partner running in circles to lure the ennemies while they do the trial by themselves but the reason I posted on this topic is because I obtained this trophy by doing my part of the job by learning and playing the game thanks to my hard work and dedication.

I'm not a master of this game in the sense that I never intended to reach perfection on it, but I think that a gamer like me that just wants to 100% a game before moving to something entirely different definitely needs to become really good to do the UN trials "legitimately" (actually playing the game as intended and not letting the other do everything).

Everyone is going to have a different experience with a game anyway so if people want to unlock the trophy easily by letting someone else do the work they are free to do so but my post was just about the experience I had with this trophy :) 

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

How are you guys getting small thumbnails for trophy images?

Just click on the trophy and right click and copy the small image.

For example when I click on Non-Lethal Force from Star Wars Bounty Hunter,

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4047-star-wars-bounty-hunter/13-non-lethal-force

I just right click the tile, copy the image, and paste it here.

13S6d9977.png

30 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

Not all trophies can rely on backups.

I'm aware of that, just an attempt at a shitty joke. 

Assault android cactus - Assault android awesome, getting s rank on all levels seemed quite simple until I got to the later stages.. mainly the last two which were absolutely brutal. 

Jotun - Perfect Valhalla & Shun the gods Valhalla, beating the game without getting touched and then beating it without using any god powers. Skill and Rng what could possibly go wrong? Spent almost two weeks on one boss that's what went wrong.

Edited by NaseemJohn

19 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

I'm aware of that, just an attempt at a shitty joke. 

Assault android cactus - Assault android awesome, getting s rank on all levels seemed quite simple until I got to the later stages.. mainly the last two which were absolutely brutal. 

Jotun - Perfect Valhalla & Shun the gods Valhalla, beating the game without getting touched and then beating it without using any god powers. Skill and Rng what could possibly go wrong? Spent almost two weeks on one boss that's what went wrong.

Lol, I was pretty aware anyway ?

• Like 1

These are the main ones that spring to mind remembering how close I came to smashing a controller to bits.

Flame over platinum (PS4 version. No easy exploit like the vita)

Super meat boy.  Zombie boy (bollocks to the plat lol).

Badland. Double trouble, twins and God status. 

Dead by daylight. Evil incarnate. How I managed to get this legit without boosting it I'll never know!

• Like 1

45S4016c3.png :silver: I Regrow Nothing 
Finish Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD without regrowing any SpooceShrubs outside Raisin's Cave.

It's not hard in the traditional sense, but it's a glitchy trophy awarded after beating the game and if you don't get it you have to start the whole game over. This trophy will always haunt me because it took like eight playthroughs (not counting the other two playthroughs for the rest of the trophies).

Edited by Milktastrophe

4Se2e07c.png

Payday 2 - Guessing Game
On day 2 of the Firestarter job, complete the heist in stealth without hacking the computer.

This is probably the last trophy I achieved where I actually screamed in celebration ? its not super hard, its just a lot of it was down to luck. You have to cut wires in 2 security boxes out of a random amount that spawn so the chances of getting the right 2 is pretty low. I cant even remember the amount of resets I done before I finally found the correct 2 wires. Its so stupid because there is no way to know which wires are the correct ones ? you just have to cut and hope the alarm doesnt go off as well as watching out for the guards and cameras. It really gets your heart rate going this game.

78Sb1961f.png

GTA V - Masterminds
GTA Online: Complete all 3 Criminal Mastermind challenges in The Doomsday Heist.

This is another time consuming trophy I am currently working on. You have to complete this heist 3 times with 2, 3 and 4 players and each run takes 10+ hours. I just completed CM3 so just another 2 more runs to go. Not only that but its buggy and so temperamental, your progress could be reset for no reason.

I generally prefer to play games on hard or the hardest difficulty as I enjoy them & find that to be the best way to learn to play a game, many games feel like they are designed to be played at higher difficulties so you play the game how the devs envisioned it, The Last of Us on Survival or Grounded is a perfect example of that, Deadly Obsession from the recent Shadow of Tomb Raider being another good example of that.

That said, I do primarily play single player games so I'm better at them. Multiplayer trophies that rely on other players are my real hate.

I'll list a couple I've done from both single & multiplayer games that I felt were hard or tricky at the very least:

5S57d0e6.png

The Evil Within 2 - You Asked For It... Again

I actually found this considerably harder than Akumu Mode from the first game mainly due to the limited saves & the fact some sections of the game were utter crap on that difficulty (the fire walk specifically comes to mind).

61Se78807.png

The Division - For The Hoarder...

While I did enjoy this mode, there was a massive luck factor involved aswell as the issue of Permadeath. Aswell as having to manage your body temp, hunger, thirst & infection levels, a lot of it came down to where you spawned in, being able to race & beat all the other players on the server to weapons, clothes, medicine & supply locations & not accidently walking into elite enemy NPCS that randomly roam the map & can all but instant kill you.

And then of course inevitably when you call in a helicopter for extraction (after collecting the antivirals & making gear for a boss fight), kill your Hunter & then a group of players come running in to try & hijack/grab a free ride on the extraction only to spawn a Hunter for each of them because they didn't let the helicopter land first. This usually led to them all dying & me having to snipe their hunters from the rooftop opposite or just going to a different extraction point entirely & trying again.

It took at the very least 17 runs to do this (only 6 items can be extracted per run & this is not accounting for any failed runs) & while I did it enjoy it, it was also infuriatingly difficult sometimes.

78Sb1961f.png

Grand Theft Auto V - Criminal Masterminds

Trophies like this are the bane for me. I'll play any difficulty on any game as long as it's single player & I can reply on my own skill/play ability but trophies like this that require multiple players doing the same? I hate them. Especially when on one of the runs we had a leader who didn't listen to the group & exited a loading menu (The Act 2 Finale to be specific) which reset the progress of everyone but the guy hosting the lobby.

29S01fa11.png

Destiny - Flawless Raider

This was another nightmare for me, having to reply on 5 other players & a single mistake from any of us cost the entire group the trophy. I've read this is rather easy to get these days but I got in back on Vanilla Destiny when it first came out before everyone found ways to cheat it.

Edited by Rattamauled
I kept accidently erasing my post so I've posted it to save it so now I can update it.
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, M-A-T-T--89 said:

My hardest trophy has been "Daredevil" in the darn Dishonored Trials DLC. Got it today as a matter of fact ?

Well done man! Those trials was a pain to do with controller and 30fps... very lazy port on PS4. On PC those trials won't be even close so hard ?
For me the hardest was "Headhunter" and here is a funny story. So the goal is to pass the trial with 100% accuracy... so I did with 110% by doing double headshot's... and you know what? it didn't acepted that ? then I did a second run and when I finished it... door didn't unlocked for me to pass it ? so, I glitched to finally get my reward, I deserved twice.

btw... can you check leaderboards if I'm still holding N1 in Back Alley Brawl (Expert Mode) trial. In 2015 I did 1 million pts.

Watch_Dogs

32Sdc4eb6.png

Social Lubricant
Complete level 10 against all 3 Drinking Game opponents

Yeah this one took time. I just couldn't get into L3 + R3 doing different things at the same time. Finally months later I got it into my head hold to do it. ?

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

47S7ecc07.png

Committed To The Cause
Reach level 55 in Multiplayer.

Got sick of looking at not having this finished and took 3 weeks of weekends to finally level up. ?

Assassin's Creed Revelations

49Sdf57a1.png

Impress Warren Vidic
Complete the Animus testing sequence without failing (The Lost Archive).

It took me months to finally get this too. Kept trying over and over again until it got it.