The Hardest Trophies You Got in a Fair Way

Den_Punisher

38Lc4053e.png

Rock Band 4- Locked In

Earn the "Full Streak" stage presence award in 5 consecutive songs.

I did this trophy when it was incredibly annoying to do it. I spent over 8-9 hours or so on this single trophy doing guitar and singing at the same time. It's not fun whatsoever.. especially then! I'm proud of doing it solo though. Most i'd assume went out and found a local friend to help them.

5 hours ago, Briste said:

34S58b1a0.png I'll Take the Physical Challenge (God of War) - The last of these challenges, with the Satyrs and the rising platform, gave me so much difficulty. The Satyrs would jab me and spin and pound me near the edge. Kratos would bounce and instead of standing, would fall through the edge. It was so amazingly frustrating. It's completion percentage doesn't look like it's as hard as I found it.

Funny enough I never played the challenges back when I was going to high school when this game first came out. I thought at the time this game was amazing in what it did, played through it twice and moved on from there.

I did the challenges in God of War 2 and 3 before tackling these, since I knew they were the hardest in the series. Challenge #10 is pure luck. The Satyrs will more often than not throw you from the platform, and with very little wiggle room to maneuver and plot out your moves it was extremely frustrating. The dogs were a distraction but were doable. The Satyrs were the main problem.

I saved the Rage of the Gods specifically for this challenge and it makes a huge difference. Still you will die a lot just from those Satyrs throwing you off the platform, but whenever I felt I was halfway done or close to done I unleashed the special ability and reeked havoc.

Anyone looking for a hair pulling, rage quit experience should go after this trophy on the Vita. With lower FPS and a slight delay in button input, Challenge #10 is even more difficult and frustrating. Satisfying as fuck when I finally got it.

5 hours ago, Briste said:

41S76892d.png Point of Impact (Batman Arkham Knight) - This trophy ended up being the hardest one for me in this game. I'd get like three in a row and then miss a shot or get blown up or some other crap. I was pretty happy when I finally got this trophy under my belt.

Takes a lot of practice to pull this off. Later in the game you will learn and adjust to those tanks, and there are AR challenges where you can practice for this trophy.

Batman: Arkham Knight is one of my proudest games where I 100 percented it, due to the frustration that was the Community Challenges and the many hours I had to spend getting all those stupid Riddler collectibles.

21 hours ago, Mscream9 said:

S ranks on missions aren't a problem if you learn a bit how Ranking System works. Trish is very basic and simple... she have few OP moves that destroys everything, but even with that people have a very hard time with her 1f602.png I'm even not gonna talk about doing Bloody Palace as default Dante. All I can say is... for those who cheesed game so hard... they never played a real DMC4.

p.s. I'm up to help players learn the game in true way 1f609.png

Honestly I had more issues with pulling S rank on Human mode because the enemies died too friggin fast. On Dante Must Die it was the easiest. 

And yeah I don't like Trish because she is a toned-down Dante(aka exactly because she's simple and has 2-3 OP moves makes me want to avoid her). It's like ok , Sparda Round Trip + Charged fists and Pandora vs Blitzes. Still a chore to play with her especially in stage 85 vs those 2 Blitzes. I am not a pro DMC series player, I am not interested that much into becoming one either so that's why the experience .

There are way harder Platinums out there but I haven't even got them yet so I just shared the one I had on my mind :D

Bloody palace as default Dante is quite ok in DMC4 , not much of a challenge compared to DMC3 bloody palace(in my opinion at least).

EDIT: Ironically , that Untouchable thing I did both with Super costume (duh , I don't love the series THAT much so I went for the easy way out) and with Trish, roundtripping Dante to death.Since it wasn't intentional I doubt it would count for me. So yes, a weird love/hate relationship with that character.

EDIT2 : TECHNICALLY I would add DMC2 as the hardest trophy ever because I kinda forced myself to platinum that game plus I used cheats. Awful or not, I hated it THAT much.

Sorry for the rant xD 

Edited by Copanele
Additional information to the post
  • Like 1

Beating the wizard modes in the Zen Pinball tables Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Shaman, Tesla and especially Mars and Earth Defense was very hard. Not a lot of people have done those. There is no save scumming like in Zen Pinball 2, so you really have to get good.

Also the Nuclear Throne plat. That was a tough one but also a very fun one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shary96 said:

50Ld3a7fc.png

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PS3) - Abstergo Employee of the Month

Get every single bonus at least once (Multiplayer Only).

Got it without any kind of boosting. This is in fact one of my proudest achievements.

That is seriously impressive. Can remember this being a pain in the backside to get even when boosting it!

1S15aec7.png

Overwatch (PS4) - Overwatch Platinum Trophy

Definitely my proudest non-boosted difficult one. Loved the game the minute I got it and never thought I'd manage to get the platinum without boosting, which would've ruined the sense of achievement. Ended up playing the game an absolute crap load and getting pretty proficient at a few different characters, which led to some of the tougher trophies rolling in. Rapid Discord I think is universally agreed as very difficult to legitimately get, not necessarily a walk in the park to boost properly. Played a heck load of Zenyatta and managed to get it after many hours of just trying to be as good a support as I could be. 

Got the game at the tailend of 2016 so had already passed some of the nerfs which had some of the characters trophies less easy to pull off (D.va's defence matrix for example). Hanzo's 4K with Dragonstrike I only recently got, way after the powerhouse it used to be. Really enjoyed picking up each hero and trying to figure out what would be the best way to play them, best maps/gametypes/scenarios needed in order to pull off the requirements for the trophy. Often found myself basing my picks on what the other team had gone for (much easier to get 4 with the DragonBlade if you're playing against DPS heroes!).

Took me almost 2 years to pull off the platinum, but thoroughly enjoyed the journey there and feel like I can hold my own on most of the heroes. Will be one of the few I play long after trophies.

50L583de8.png

Legend 
Reach Online rank 5 (Legend)

I got this one legit, no boosting or nothing. This game was really competetive online, where people used all kinds of bugs and glitches. Not to mention that if you finished outside of top 3 you would lose xp. So you would risk to get downgraded in rank.

Edited by DPatriot
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 7:42 AM, SugarIsTheDevil said:

Beating the wizard modes in the Zen Pinball tables Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Shaman, Tesla and especially Mars and Earth Defense was very hard. Not a lot of people have done those. There is no save scumming like in Zen Pinball 2, so you really have to get good.

Also the Nuclear Throne plat. That was a tough one but also a very fun one.

That's real insanity there. Most of the Pinball games I see on this website have around 1 - 3 percent average completion rate. I guess you had to pay a lot to get all the DLC pinball tables.

But I used to play pinball games in the past on my old Windows 95/98 computer, skill is required but I feel they mostly hinge on luck. Especially using those paddles and bumpers to score big points and unlock certain sections, which usually required a lot of concentration.

All ruined

Dragonball raging blast.

You have to play in every map against CPU and you have to break everything by yourself! I had all but one level completed twice. Then I did that level and trophy popped ! From what I was reading through forums pages and threads,I thought that was going to get me dozens of hours! No so much skill related, but still one of the few I'm proud of!

Dante's Inferno

- It's in the trial

Last trial had so many waves and reaching the last waves after 10-15 minutes of spamming attacks was not fun! So to beat the challenge with 1-2 seconds left on the clock was a huge relief!

Batman Arkham Knight

-Curtain falls

-Require for a killer

Main game and all paid docs were a Breeze. Community's dlc though took the difficulty of the game on a higher level! Not impossible or extra hard but you had to had patience. I know I am good at the arkham games but this two really tested me!

Sports champion 2

-Sports champion champion

You had to get 6 gold cups. Some were easy ,some were ok. But gold cup in boxxing for me was pretty tough! Trying 3 days, sweating and just getting more and more tired and my shoulders were killing me! Really Proud of this trophy/Platinum!

Band hero

-A new challenge awaits

Ok you can't compare this game's difficulty to a GH one, but to get 50 challenges gold or Platinum which includes all instruments for me it was pretty tough! I still have friends that need 15-20 of those and don't have the skill to do it!

Vanquish

-tactical challenger

If you have played the game,you know there is no work around that except of playing the game and getting better at it. Boggies were a nightmare at first. But with all the vids online you could change or follow a tactic and just get good at! Countless tries! Proud trophy/Platinum as well!

Gran Turismo 5

-Gold standard.

To be honest, getting gold on almost everything was pretty easy for me. But what tested me was Vettel challenges. I did monza within a day, nurburgring in 3 and Suzuka in 20 days!!! The most impressive about this is that I did it with a controller and not a wheel. I remember reading a lot of comments back then from people that Vettel was unbeatable with a controller.. well, not!

Edited by Steva24
  • Like 1

I'm in a minority here, but I still say my hardest trophy...which is also my hardest Platinum...to be Mass Effect 2. 

I had such a ridiculously frustrating, gamer rage inducing time playing that game. 

I played the entire trilogy nearly back to back (I think there was 1 game inbetween ME1 and 2). So since I played the Soldier class in ME1, Insanity difficulty wasn't really hard at all. So I figured ME2 wasn't going to be so bad either.

I did 2 playthroughs, the first one (my paragon run) was done on Veteran Difficulty...and that alone was FAR more difficult than anything I had to do in the first game. So my second Playthrough on Insanity was horrible...I wasn't a fun person to be around during that time, there was a point fighting the Collectors, that I literally ripped a small handful of my hair out.

This is also the reason I found ME2 to be my least favorite in the series (when most people consider it the best)...I was pissed off too much to enjoy it. It's also the game that taught me, that I don't get enjoyment out of difficult games...I'd rather play something relaxing.

• Like 2

Spec Ops: The Line

25Sf3ae4a.png

MFWIC 
Complete game on "FUBAR" difficulty.

I generally don't bother with higher or hard difficulty levels unless they look reasonably not too difficult. But sometimes I do give it a try, and this one is pretty much the hardest trophy I've tried to get in fair way (although there WAS an option in-game to bypass a harder battle entirely which I took).

Wipeout HD

9Saf84bb.png

Meltdown 
Obtain a medal for every cell in Meltdown.

This one also gave me a lot of trouble as I had to get medals in every cell in the game in order to unlock chrome skin for the Bling Brigade trophy that was being boosted soon; at the time I not very familiar with boosting sessions so I was worried that it would be long time before another one might come up. Needless to say, the last couple of cells in Meltdown as frustrating, especially the ones that featured Sol track.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, darkalphar said:

Spec Ops: The Line

25Sf3ae4a.png

MFWIC 
Complete game on "FUBAR" difficulty.

I generally don't bother with higher or hard difficulty levels unless they look reasonably not too difficult. But sometimes I do give it a try, and this one is pretty much the hardest trophy I've tried to get in fair way (although there WAS an option in-game to bypass a harder battle entirely which I took).

Chapter 13 was the most frustrating. In the beginning there is a section where you're having to protect your teammate from a group of armored soldiers. Took many retries to figure it out.

The beginning of Chapter 6 was a pain in the ass also.

Battlefield 4 is one example because I obtained the platinum without boosting and obtained other platinums without in-game cheating before too but I sometimes just take advantage of in-game cheating to make things easier.

Edited by BrettyBoy

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 10:46 AM, Spaz said:

That's real insanity there. Most of the Pinball games I see on this website have around 1 - 3 percent average completion rate. I guess you had to pay a lot to get all the DLC pinball tables.

But I used to play pinball games in the past on my old Windows 95/98 computer, skill is required but I feel they mostly hinge on luck. Especially using those paddles and bumpers to score big points and unlock certain sections, which usually required a lot of concentration.

Yeah they did cost a lot. Especially for Zen Pinball 2 and Pinball Arcade :). And it's definitely not luck. When you get better you know what shots to make and what shots not to make (because they are too risky and can drain the ball). Also you'll get used to the timing to hit the ramps and lanes you want to hit. If it was luck getting those ZP1 trophies would be impossible. 

Edited by SugarIsTheDevil
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Here's my top 3:

30Saabbff.pngNo Challenge Too Hard (Street Fighter 4)

Street Fighter 4 was my very first Street Fighter game, so I had a lot of trouble clearing all combo challenges. After 5 years of failing over and over, I finally got this trophy... with a dualshock and without plinking.

53S806667.pngDutiful Xenologist (Speed Brawl)

If it wasn't for the RNGesus in this game, this would be a rather easy trophy. But as you unlock more items, the chance to get items you haven't obtained yet decreases. This means that it's possible to 100 matches without getting a single new item. Still can't believe I actually got this trophy.

21S216839.pngThe Grandmaster (Absolver)

I learned 90% of all attacks by joining schools because learning them from NPCs is way too tedious. Still, it's a long grind, even if you can learn attacks by using the combat deck of a school, so I wouldn't consider this cheating.

34Ldbfeea.png

I’ll Take the Physical Challenge - God of War
Complete the Challenge of the Gods

Earned it both on PS3 and PSVita. Damn those satyrs.

Back in the PS2 days, it gave me nightmares. After playing it back on PS3, I actually enjoyed this challenge even more. I got back to this trophy this year while helping a friend who is way short tempered by doing the Challenge again.

Edited by Folkenio

On 11/3/2018 at 10:13 PM, Mscream9 said:

Hi people 1f603.png So let's talk about the hardest trophies You got in the fair way.

Means no using in game cheats / bugs / glitches / thing's that can break the game ect.

Would be interesting to discuss this.
Feel free to post those games with hard trophies and share Your experience 1f609.png

This topic also can be used for advices to help people become a better player in the game.

Let's ROCK!

I have three of them, first one is Ultimate Batter from Injustice (and platinum of you want to include) and second&third ones are You're the best and Classic smasher from Futuridium (hell, even MixedBag studios started following me after completion the trophy set which I wasn't expecting that haha. Was a cool game, had cool soundtracks but such pain in the butt xD)

• 7 months later...

Was thinking about making a similar topic ("Trophies obtained without any boosting"), but might as well revive this one.

My proudest achievement:

A1MyWpV.jpg

ABSTERGO EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH (Assassin's Creed Brotherhood)

No boosting at all. Just sheer patience and luck (and some skills too, let me give myself some credit).

Extreme Variety and Triple Escape were some of the (if not the) most brutal bonuses I had to get. And got them the same day, if I recall correctly.

I just really couldn't believe my eyes when it popped.

This next one is not exactly accurate since I used a guide for the mother brain easter egg, but sums up the MP side of the game, which I did solo without any help:

nEB4C50.jpg

PLATINUM SINGULARITY (Singularity)

And most recently:

X0Y3Ofu.jpg

THERE IS NO I IN SQUAD (Battlefield Bad Company)

Thing is, I wasn't aiming at this trophy when I got it, so it almost caught me by surprise.

Suddenly one kamikaze dude from my squad started spawning on me (I was hidden in a house playing as the support) in the Acta Non Verba map, and he kept on dying and respawning. That's when it came to me that this could be the opportunity to get this trophy.

My other teammates spawned occasionally on me too, so that sealed the deal.

Needless to say, I was entranced when it popped up.

Edited by Ghanupher

15M66dbb2.png

Roof runner

Complete the mission Hideout (that's nr. 2) within 13 Min

Unravel 2

Beating Unravel 2 is easy and enjoyable. Completing all levels without dying takes a bit of pratice but speedrunning all of them? Took a good amount of effort. Finishing level 2 within 13 Min? Impossible for me solo. I tried propably 10 hours then asked a friend to join via shareplay and after 5 hours together we made it. with 9 seconds to spare :D i was so happy to get this trophy.

I have a handful that I look back on and say damn I'm actually alright at this.

Tiny Brains

4La9036d.png

Intelligence Level: Completionist

Complete all Chapters in Jules Mode.

Had to look up old timey facebook videos to learn how to do this but I did it myself and it's a 1.31% ultra rare gold trophy with only 69 achievers!

MLB The Show 16

15L115d64.png

Legendary

Reach Legend difficulty in Challenge of the Week.

I spent weeks trying to get this stupidly difficult challenge. Basically there'd be a different pitcher / batter matchup each week and you'd have to get 12 hits in a row without missing/whiffing. Stupidly difficult and after like 3 weeks of 1-2 hours of attempts I got it super early on a Monday with Yoenis Cespedes. 3.13% ultra rare gold trophy.

Batman: Arkham Knight

109L8a2ce4.png

The Curtain Falls

Flawless FreeFlow in every round of the Monarch Theatre as Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

Just proud I mastered the combat system down to be able to accomplish this. Requiem For a Killer was prolly harder for me but was w/ Batman. 5.71% very rare silver trophy. 

Capcom Arcade Cabinet

17Lab53b7.png

Wingate Whacker

Defeat the Wingate family. (GUN. SMOKE)

As far as bullshit game mechanics go, this is the most brutal trophy I have earned on my profile.

Most people don't know about this trophy so I'll tell you. Gunsmoke is a 1985 bullet hell shooter from the glory days of arcade gaming, made from yours truly, Capcom.

This game is BRUTAL. Absolutely brutal. It doesn't help that your character moves back and forth like a rat stuck inside a paper bag, but moves up and down very slowly. The enemy AI is unforgiving and ruthless, it's amazing that such an old game has relentless AI that knows where you're going to move. Bullets often blend in with the environment.

The bosses themselves are tough with infinite enemy respawns. The pistol wielding enemies are some of the most aggravating and annoying enemies I've encountered in any arcade game. I have probably died a thousand times and used up at least a few hundred continues playing through this mess.

Gunsmoke is definitely for the masochist. I spent over 10 hours just going for this one gold trophy, and after spending at least five hours or more on the last level I was about ready to give up. You have to defeat the Wingate family, a trio of bosses (but really just one actual boss), with the head guy wielding a shotgun. After banging my head I found a strategy that worked.... somewhat. I had to depend entirely on luck, and the supposed "safe" spot according a post I found on PST.org isn't exactly safe.

This is coming from one of the hardest PSN games (really a collection of games) from the PS3. I have three trophies left for 100 percent, but this trophy alone was torture. Anybody who earns this trophy deserves a little respect.