The Hardest Trophies You Got in a Fair Way

Den_Punisher

Catherine Full Body

49S20a3b5.pngLegendary Climber
Clear the final stage of Babel, Axis Mundi. (4.46%)

Took me about 15 hours, over the course of a few days, to get this one playing solo. These speed/reflex trophies are showing, just how dull i'm getting, as I get older. 

Complex puzzles, RNG with block patterns/placements and full attempts taking 15-20 minutes each. Not something I'd want to do over again anytime soon. 

Edited by VigilantCrow
  • Like 1

Jotun Valhalla Edition

Perfect Valhalla - 35S77a2b3.png

Shun the Gods Valhalla - 37S59a473.png

One asks you to defeat all the Jotun bosses without taking any damage, the other asks you to defeat them without using any god powers(only with melee attacks). Lots of RNG, Trial and Error, absurd quantities of coffee and salt. One of my proudest achievements so far, I really loved this game.

I say GT5`s Gold Standard for me.

Took many practice trials.

Nurburgring GP/F was my most demanding track kept it at bronze for a long time.

Monza and Suzuka were 1.3 second and 1.1 second away from gold with DS3 when switching to steering wheel I got it fast.

But the GP/F took more then 1 year of practice, I still think it was luck I had a good first lap and made an error in the last lap but somehow within the limits before you get a penalty or get disqualified.

2L5d9c0f.png

1 hour ago, AK-1138 said:

--Quote to the most beautiful multiplayer story I ever read--

I can't help but tip my imaginary hat to your storytelling skills xD I had a reliable boosting team for Arkham Origins (I can't thank them enough) but still I know how atrocious that MP mode is. It's by far the best thing I ever read related to that game (and in a way the best Batman content I read lately). Well done sir, well done!

• Like 1

I did do the Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4 and Star Wars Battlefront DLCs legit without boosting. Wasn’t overly difficult but I got round to these trophies like 3/4 years after the games release so servers were pretty much empty. Somehow managed it though.

In Black Ops 3, you have to complete Combat Immersion on Realistic in order to obtain a medal for the Personal Decorator trophy. There was a couple glitches you could use to make it way easier but I somehow managed to do it solo and legit. 

I’ll only ever boost multiplayer trophies if the servers are completely empty otherwise most of the trophies I’ve obtained are pretty much all legit so I’m very proud of what I’ve achieved so far.

Difficult Trophy

Game: Super Street Fighter 4

Trophy: Trial Athlete

I dedicated 2 months solid to it. Ken's trials alone took me 31 hours to do (18 hours of that on Trial 24). Most importantly I enjoyed the challenge as it was all about me improving my skills rather than fighting with a broken game.

Not sure I'd put that much effort into a game again. I posted my journey in the SSF4 forum such was the impact it had.

Willpower trophies

Game: Uncharted 3 - DLC

Game: Friday the 13th

These are games I had to fight boredom to gain 100% of the trophies, I fell asleep many times playing them and it made me question so many times, why am I doing this!?!?!. In both cases though I made lifelong PSN friends which made it more bearable so there was good come out of them.

I've not done anything too difficult recently, been quite relaxing.

Mass effect 3, Insanity

24L53597e.png

Finish the game on Insanity without changing difficulty after leaving Earth.

Probably doesn't sound to hard, but I did new game plus as an infiltrator, Low shields, low HP, Limited sniper ammo. For the majority of the game it wasnt too hard, but i remember some of the end game fights were insanely hard 

• Like 2

19S04f2a5.png 24 Carat Joe!
Grab all the Pro Medals!

Some tracks of the game were just absolutely awful and needed perfect concentration for 5 minutes. Not a single input could be failed during that time, and some jumps were almost frame perfect. I loved the game, so i took the time to do this, but what a nightmare :D

4Sae6d4f.png Harder Dick's Balls
Get all of Dick's Balls in the Block Party Dumpster without resetting the scene

I recently was a video of a youtuber speaking about this specific trophy and reminded me how difficult it was. You "just" have to grab 4 balls and throw them in a dumpster, but this game is so hard to master... wow

beside those, most of Velocity and velocity 2X trophies 

Gran Turismo 5

2L5d9c0f.png

Gold Standard : Get a gold trophy in every race event, license test and special event.

Most of the races were pretty easy. At start they were short and as the game was progressing, the tracks got longer. Licence tests and of course endurance races ( going from 3 hours to 200 laps or 24 hours ).

You also had to do Rally races and then it was Vettel's challenge.

Vettel's challenge needed from you to run 2 complete laps with a car that doesnt exist and can reach 200kmh in seconds. You were starting with Monza. Got it done within the hour. After that it was Nurburgring ( short version of it  ). That one took me 3 days. The last one was Suzuka. S corners , tight corners , 180 corners. It took me 3 weeks ! The satisfaction I felt when I finished it was undescribable. And all of them were done with a controller when a lot of people in the forums back then were saying that a wheel is needed for the Vettel challenge. Very proud for this platinum!

• Like 1

I think my hardest one was Chariot's speedrun trophiy, just because of the very last level. I couldn't find a way to complete it within the gold medal time limit with only 1 player, so I ended up using 2 joysticks at the same time, which demanded quite some training on my side. The game is a couch co-op, but I had no one to play it with... :P I suppose this still works as fair play ;) there were no speedrun videos on it back then...

Chariot

29S8ebc06.png

Greased Lightning 
Obtain a gold medal in every speed run

Edited by Gray-Fox-44
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 3:23 PM, eigen-space said:

That goddamn jumprope trophy in FFIX. Took so much practice and patience to get it... kinda bums me out to know that many people got it by use of remote play+scripts :(

But at least I can be proud that I did it on my own.

Saaaame. My laptop would lag with the scripts on remote play so I just spent 4 hours over and over til I got it. What a pain

33L47e772.png

WWE 2K19: Million Dollar Dominanation (Clear AJ Styles' Tower)

Not sure if making fun of stupid AI can be defined as "fair way", but since some people beat the Tower only thanks to glitches, I think it does :P Proof of that Is that since the Trophy got patched, its rarity keeps getting decreased: used to be 11%, then 7% when I got it, and now 4%... And it keeps going down.

22L66ab10.png

Impossible Boy (0.19%) 

Beat Cotton Alley dark world without dying

(Super Meat Boy - PS4)

31L6c6c6f.png

House Of Pain (2.78%) 

Clear all Bloody Palace stages with all characters

(Devil May Cry 4 - PS4)

46Ld80e3d.png

A God is Born! (1.41%) 

Conquer the final stage of Babel

(Catherine - PS3)

10Le8a629.png

The Shadows Rushed Me (0.79%) 

Unlock And Complete New York Minute Hardcore 

(Max Payne 3 - PS3)

19L4d976b.png

The Dash Eternal (6.34%) 

Perform the ultimate chain dash

(Hyper Light Drifter - PS4)

33Lb7fa88.png

Embrace the Void (7.94%) 

Ascend the Pantheon of Hallownest and take your place at its peak

(Hollow Knight - PS4)

Edited by Cyberdyne-7

@AK-1138 
Good sir I take my hat off to you, this was just beautiful! I wish I could give you a platinum for that post alone.
Plus as someone who knows the BANE that is this atrocious MP mode, doing most of it (somehow) alone, I can understand the pain you endured and the wonderful feeling you must have had beating that godawful thing.

I think I have a couple that I'm proud of, some were just grindy and some were actually hard.

1L90ea3f.png

You're the disease, I'm the cure
Broforce

ohhh boy this one required some patience to get but it was a fun challenge

1L96c5c6.png

I Am the God of Hell Fire

Flame Over

Same thing as the Broforce one, a lot of patience and luck

50L791aeb.png

Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic
Grand Theft Auto IV

This stupid thing with it's stupid list...took way too much time, luckily I had a great boosting partner.

45L8d5a0e.png

Fly The Co-op

Grand Theft Auto IV

Never have I ever carried people so hard in my life, I'm not kidding I helped 5 different people get this trophy.
The problem was none of them were competent, none of them wanted to learn the best routes, I'll give credit to one of them who learned everything fast and was helpful.

109L8a2ce4.png

The Curtain Falls

Batman Arkham Knight

Boy oh boy, Usually I'm a pretty chill person and I never rage quit, but this DLC pack broke me.
To a point I scratched a really small part of my forehead a bit too hard. What's more funny is that after I gave up, on the very next day, after 15 minutes of trying I got the darn thing. 

28Le1b76c.png

Crypt Of The Necrodancer

Impossible, Right?

Complete All zones mode with solo Coda

If you've played this game before you know how difficult the game is. With Coda missing a single beat kills you, touching gold kills you and one hit from any enemy kills you and you have to complete the entire game with these handicaps. There's no cheese strategies, no options to upload backup saves as you quit your game and you start over, no nothing. You have to grind and grind until you become a living TAS in order to get this trophy. It took me nearly 2 years of grinding for at least 1-4 hours a day to get this done and until I get the platinum trophy itself it will remain as the hardest thing i've ever done in a game (and i've done a lot of hard stuff).

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 2

-All of Furi and Titan Souls.

-I have Devil Mari Cry 1-4 though the first 3 you just have to beat Dante Must Die not S rank it so I used items on the more frustrating parts. 4 I mainly played with Lady and Trish but still doing Bloody Palace with Trish was intense.

-Rogue Legacy had some difficult trophies. Mainly the skull, eye, and brothers remix fight. After those the 15 lives one was easy.

-Even though El Shaddai is an ultra rare platinum it didn't fell that hard.

I think Becomes the Master for Titanfall 2 would be my hardest completely legit trophy. Took me a few hours to get it. I'd like to say some of the stuff for Darkest Dungeon. For the most part, I accepted the consequences of the RNG. But I took advantage of the fact you can exit out of the game and reload a fight if I got completely screwed. The Beat Saber trophy, Focus, I just unlocked yesterday is definitely one that I think is really hard and took a lot of effort to build the skill required. There are harder trophies yet to obtain though.