NekoRave

Hardcore Recommendations

108 posts in this topic

Everything and anything hardcore

Inferno

Insane

Veteran

Hardest difficulty etc

Mainly looking for rewarding campaigns to finish nothing absolutely crazy like the typical answer to these posts. Star ocean, ninja gaiden, super meat boy, sine mora ex, raiden, :blah::blah::blah:

I'm looking for a challenge within reason. No death runs are fine too, or speed runs etc.

Anything that would provide me an adequate challenge.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Difficulty is relative. Your question will go nowhere because the only person who can tell what's hard for you is you. The typical answers that you are already aware of are what will get suggested to you. You should have probably used the search function instead of the create thread function.

I didnt say difficult I said hardcore recommendations like campaigns but I agree with what you are saying.

I just was wanted some campaign games to start on the highest difficulty and wanted to see what ya guys would recommend

4 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Wolfenstein 2. Great game, fun and rewarding.

Should I do the dlc first or the main story? Also I need to do old blood and the first game as well. Oh and the dlc for the first game too + the old 3D one so I'll do a binge of those.

Edited by NekoRave

4 minutes ago, DPatriot said:

Dead space 2 Hardcore mode :)

I'd probably start with dead space 1 up to 3

Also I got the dlc so oof the game is pretty darn difficult at time.

Also need to wrap up those spin offs but I will do that at another time more than likely

Edited by NekoRave

gun smoke finish the game only xD

its a dlc from capcom arcade cabinet

the game can be completed in 20~30mins if you dont die  ;x

2 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

gun smoke finish the game only xD

its a dlc from capcom arcade cabinet

the game can be completed in 20~30mins if you dont die  ;x

How about the whole cabinet? ;)

i picked the hardest 1 for you :P

the reast are fine except for commando i couldnt finish because i suck at 1cc stuff  :P

My recommendation would be Alice: Madness Returns (which I see is already on your profile). I'm not great at platformer/adventure-esque games, so this was a huge challenge for me personally. It felt great to beat it especially since I wasn't sure I'd be able to with my current skill level for those types of games :D

I saw you completed Trine 2 PS3 then get a real challenge with the PS4 Version. You have to complete it on Hard + Hardcore difficulty :)

I know it's on your profile, but Downwell is one of the harder and more satisfying games that I've beaten recently. It's one of those games that's easy to learn, but difficult to get really good at. 

19 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

My recommendation would be Alice: Madness Returns (which I see is already on your profile). I'm not great at platformer/adventure-esque games, so this was a huge challenge for me personally. It felt great to beat it especially since I wasn't sure I'd be able to with my current skill level for those types of games :D

I am on chapter 3 nightmare already no hysteria

I just haven't went back to it yet but yes that and the old Alice for sure.

19 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I saw you completed Trine 2 PS3 then get a real challenge with the PS4 Version. You have to complete it on Hard + Hardcore difficulty :)

That was my first platinum ever hahaha I need to do the series anyways + TRINE 4 WOOOO

9 minutes ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

I know it's on your profile, but Downwell is one of the harder and more satisfying games that I've beaten recently. It's one of those games that's easy to learn, but difficult to get really good at. 

I actually love that game and I'd love to have that 100%, will definitely keep that in mind

The Evil Within; Akumu mode was pretty challenging.

Literally did not the post before mine, lol

Edited by ZionAxis
Actually read the thread

13 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

The Evil Within Akumu difficulty

I'll probably do this twice on ps3 and ps4 when I binge that series. 

Pox Nora and Hex: Card Clash are F2P deck building card games with cross platform play with PC. Literally nobody plays them on PS4; both games have an extreme learning curve (especially Pox Nora) and are pretty average in general. 100% both games requires you to master them and build your own deck to win a lot of online ranked games. That's as challenging and rewarding as it can get for these type of games ☺️

NFS 2015 Prestige DLC is borderline impossible madness...but it's not CRYPT OF THE NECRODANCER doable. If you love racing games you might want to give it a try...although I'd definitely recommend doing some research on that DLC.

i second the NFS 2015 DLC. it's insane.

it's super meat boy hard.

Edited by kingdrake2

23 minutes ago, Sidoki said:

Pox Nora and Hex: Card Clash are F2P deck building card games with cross platform play with PC. Literally nobody plays them on PS4; both games have an extreme learning curve (especially Pox Nora) and are pretty average in general. 100% both games requires you to master them and build your own deck to win a lot of online ranked games. That's as challenging and rewarding as it can get for these type of games 263a.png

NFS 2015 Prestige DLC is borderline impossible madness...but it's not CRYPT OF THE NECRODANCER doable. If you love racing games you might want to give it a try...although I'd definitely recommend doing some research on that DLC.

Hmm the FTP card games eh? What's the time realistically in your opinion to finish. 

And the need for speed is very tempting, I'm not great at racing games ive managed perfect burnout etc but not like ridge racer god status. I can't say I can or can't do it because I'm not sure exactly what amount of training it would take.

Definitely up for it. 

Also what's your opinions on Gwent?

14 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

i second the NFS 2015 DLC. it's insane.

it's super meat boy hard.

Oof that makes it more appealing

I wonder what makes you ask a question like this. I've looked through your profile and I haven't seen anything that could potentially grow a desire for more difficult games. In fact, you don't have any UR platinums or difficult platinums. Maybe you are just asking out of curiosity and i'm overthinking this?

22 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I wonder what makes you ask a question like this. I've looked through your profile and I haven't seen anything that could potentially grow a desire for more difficult games. In fact, you don't have any UR platinums or difficult platinums. Maybe you are just asking out of curiosity and i'm overthinking this?

Well you didnt look hard enough hahahaha

Invokers Tournament at least a 1200-1400 hours completion

The culling 2 only 20 achievers 

Marvel vs capcom 2 less than a thousand have done it compared to 100,000 players.

H1Z1 twice, battle royale, #7th person to get 100%

Cosmophony #7th to get 100%

I mean I can go on, you can't judge a profile that swiftly, I mean sure I have a lot of games, but its not like I dont do hard shit.

Just putting that out there

Edited by NekoRave

32 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Hmm the FTP card games eh? What's the time realistically in your opinion to finish. 

It's hard to tell since I never dived into them much. I'd sat it's about 50-75 hours for each game - highly skill dependent.

38 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Also what's your opinions on Gwent?

Absolutely love it. Can't wait for the full release on PS4 with trophy support in later in December.

42 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

I'm not great at racing games ive managed perfect burnout etc but not like ridge racer god status. I can't say I can or can't do it because I'm not sure exactly what amount of training it would take.

Most of the prestige events require you to complete them without any mistakes (clean, absolute perfect runs) in order to 100% them.

I guess this is exactly what you are looking for but a messy AI in this game is often a problem.

Most fun I've had with a high difficulty is The Last of Us on Survivor. It was a pretty fair challenge that I didn't find unreasonable. Never tried Grounded, but it sounds a lot tougher especially since checkpoints are more limited.

5 minutes ago, Sidoki said:

It's hard to tell since I never dived into them much. I'd sat it's about 50-75 hours for each game - highly skill dependent.

Absolutely love it. Can't wait for the full release on PS4 with trophy support in later in December.

Most of the prestige events require you to complete them without any mistakes (clean, absolute perfect runs) in order to 100% them.

I guess this is exactly what you are looking for but a messy AI in this game is often a problem.

Clean runs I need to practice on, and AI is frustrating but something you kinda learn by error to perfect eventually. Definitely up to the task.

So hmm should I wait for Gwent then? I'm more interested in Gwent than pox Nora but maybe I'd do both if I have time, my backlog is massive so I'm trying to focus on the card games ive gotten already, but 50-70 hours isn't bad tbh. Definitely NFS tho

I would say:

(like many of you) The Evil Within

DOOM - there isn’t any trophy related to complete the full game; only the first mission...

Nex Machina