Rondo of Blood *smacks head against wall*

21 hours ago, xh117 said:

Crows and medusa heads are tied for most annoying enemy imo. If only Richter had his SOTN moveset...I had to use Maria the entire game because he moves so slow.

I think @aZombieDictator summed up ? :

On 4-11-2018 at 9:45 AM, aZombieDictator said:

Are people really calling this game bad because they suck at it? What a shame you can't just blow through and easily get the trophies.

It's a game from 1993, its most likely going to be difficult and something you're not use to if you didn't grow up playing games in that era.

... Rondo's Richter character is based on the older Castlevania's, which are really hard if you're not used the slow tankish controls (I'm looking at you CV3). We should be happy to have Maria as an optional character with her double jump and boss killer skillset. Like this one.:

POR_Guardian_Knuckle.gif

I played mostly with Richter through the chapters and by trial and error I succeeded in defeating Dracula. I then later realize i could've beaten the stages + Dracula with just Maria, load up the final chapter with Richter and defeat Dracula again ?

• Like 1

Hmmm... i just did this yesterday in 2 hours 30 minutes. At first I thought it was gonna be a little annoying because jumping and immediately attacking with Richter was dropping the attack input sometimes.

Then I rescued Maria and finally run out of lives in stage 4. At this point I switched to her and, holy shit, I destroyed everything.

Being able to attack while moving,  faster walking speed, double jump, slide, and that OP move that ate most bosses super fast. From there I never looked back. She is a little more frail than Richter, but that doesn't matter when you have so many moves.

I didn't play as Richter again until all I had left was beating Dracula as him. Going back to him at that point also confirmed how much better Maria was.

As her I beat Dracula without taking damage. As Richter I died twice -.-

Edited by AndresLionheart

18 hours ago, K_Groove_NL said:

I think @aZombieDictator summed up ? :

... Rondo's Richter character is based on the older Castlevania's, which are really hard if you're not used the slow tankish controls (I'm looking at you CV3). We should be happy to have Maria as an optional character with her double jump and boss killer skillset. Like this one.:

POR_Guardian_Knuckle.gif

I played mostly with Richter through the chapters and by trial and error I succeeded in defeating Dracula. I then later realize i could've beaten the stages + Dracula with just Maria, load up the final chapter with Richter and defeat Dracula again ?

That move was really helpful and just being able to slide through levels that would have been a pain for Richter plus genbu was good to shield from attacks. Also due to her smaller hitbox you can avoid the axe knights top axe throw by crouching. With Richter I didn't like that he was committed to a jump instead of being able to control it part way. You also could have just watched the demo for Richter killing Dracula to save time at the end lol.

4 hours ago, xh117 said:

That move was really helpful and just being able to slide through levels that would have been a pain for Richter plus genbu was good to shield from attacks. Also due to her smaller hitbox you can avoid the axe knights top axe throw by crouching. With Richter I didn't like that he was committed to a jump instead of being able to control it part way. You also could have just watched the demo for Richter killing Dracula to save time at the end lol.

I got the trophy with the demo, but then wanted to defeat Dracula as Richter to see what all the fuss is about.

Gotta say, took me a hr or so practicing, trying run beneath the beast form takes some precision.

But then I realise its easier to try to no damage Draculas first form, then on the beast form just defeat it quickly without running underneath. If u reach the beast form with full health you can defeat him in time by just letting him push you to the end of the screens and running under him once only. F**k getting the timing down to run beneath him when you can just let him push you along and you hit between

11 hours ago, optimusmart said:

But then I realise its easier to try to no damage Draculas first form, then on the beast form just defeat it quickly without running underneath. If u reach the beast form with full health you can defeat him in time by just letting him push you to the end of the screens and running under him once only. F**k getting the timing down to run beneath him when you can just let him push you along and you hit between

Even easier, grab the Holy Water and try to no damage Mr. Longtooth with only your whip. On his second form, keep whipping his head untill he starts jumping around/spamming his flamey projectiles. This is where start using your item crash, "Hydro Storm":

SOTN_Holy_Water_3.gif

It shouldn't take long once you start using the above strats to defeat him ?

2 hours ago, K_Groove_NL said:

Even easier, grab the Holy Water and try to no damage Mr. Longtooth with only your whip. On his second form, keep whipping his head untill he starts jumping around/spamming his flamey projectiles. This is where start using your item crash, "Hydro Storm":

SOTN_Holy_Water_3.gif

It shouldn't take long once you start using the above strats to defeat him 1f60a.png

Of course use that, I should have mentioned it, thought it was a no brainer ;). Not dmg Dracboy, dont run under beast unless u must and be sure to save ur 1 time holy water for it. 

Better yet, if u save ur holy water for the time when u MUST run beneath him, u can use the i-frames to pass beneath him easier ;)

Shame u only get one use of it though at stage restart

On 04/11/2018 at 2:16 AM, Cave_Johnson_ said:

Reading this thread just makes me wish there was a speedrun trophy for Rondo of Blood :P

Seriously though, just unlock Maria and the game will be much easier. All you have to do is save her in Stage 2; I don't think you even need to complete it. However, you'll still have to play as Richter to the save the other three girls and beat the final boss. Assuming you want all the trophies, that is.

I saved the three girls with Maria. It's cool that there are cutscenes based on who you save them with.