Omen of Long&Grind trophies

Vergil

I know most people dont care about trophies or such! But a new fighting game that has a low budget ... At least make the trophies not a grind feast! Alot of people maybe turned off now and wont buy ... I will pick up later when the price goes down ..  But by the time i pick it up will online play still be active ?? So, if the trophies were alot easier I think the case at hand would be yes online play maybe still strong!!   

Why do fighting games always have the worst lists? Nobody wants to have to win 300 ranked matches online. Maybe against a friend in a private lobby, but not against random who quit and waste your time or spam the one move/combo they know. It's not fun. 

And I guess the 100 hours trophy would come naturally if you're going for those dumb 300 wins trophies, but damn, that's ridiculous.

I may get this some day just to play the story or something, but fuck the trophy list.

What a terrible trophy list. I suspect it will be difficult to even find 300 ranked matches in this game, unless you are boosting.

On 2018-11-04 at 8:55 AM, Burgins said:

Yeah looks like a real tricky list with all those Ranked trophies. What's the deal with achieving Golden League? Anyone know if that'll be a dealbreaker for most players?

I'm really hoping it's not one of those trophies that will get progressively more difficult to obtain the longer you wait to play the game :/

• 5 years later...

While there is much to be said of the ranked match grind, it bears mention that all trophies based on stats (matches finished with an EX move/Decimation move, hours played with each fighter, total bold cancels and counters) only get counted toward your totals while you are connected to the online service. The game can disconnect from it or even crash to a black screen at any time, so it cannot be reliably AFK’d for the 5 hour, 20 hour, or 100 hour trophies.

For this reason, a closure of the service would affect a whole 30 trophies out of the 41 (15 single player, 15 multiplayer).

• Like 2