Is PS move required?

HarvZGames

1 hour ago, dimavankula said:

No any jump scares in the game? :D

Well... me telling you this would surely spoil the game, wouldn't it? :) All I can say is that the marketing materials reflect very well what the game looks like and feels like. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, plpalo said:

Deracine is a VR-only game.

This bums me out so much.  I really wanted to play this, but I don't own VR.  I'm holding out hope that it'll go the way of The Invisible Hours and The Assembly and make it non-VR supported in the (very near) future.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, themindisacity said:

This bums me out so much.  I really wanted to play this, but I don't own VR.  I'm holding out hope that it'll go the way of The Invisible Hours and The Assembly and make it non-VR supported in the (very near) future.

I am guessing that won't happen, Fromsoft and Sony made a deal that PlayStation gets 3 exclusives in exchange for help making the engine Darksouls is run on.  I think they let them off easy with the shorter VR game than another full sized game because they know some of the more hardcore fromsoft fans will get a VR just to play Daracine.  If it wasn't just a VR exclusive that would stop the FromSoft fans from getting VR.

I personally just bought a VR this weekend because I really wanted to play Daracine and Astrobot so I guess it worked haha.

7 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I am guessing that won't happen, Fromsoft and Sony made a deal that PlayStation gets 3 exclusives in exchange for help making the engine Darksouls is run on.  I think they let them off easy with the shorter VR game than another full sized game because they know some of the more hardcore fromsoft fans will get a VR just to play Daracine.  If it wasn't just a VR exclusive that would stop the FromSoft fans from getting VR.

I personally just bought a VR this weekend because I really wanted to play Daracine and Astrobot so I guess it worked haha.

That's a very interesting analysis. I haven't played any of the From Software games but I wonder if their brand can pull people to PSVR. Astro Bot is a MUST HAVE - perfect choice ;) I platinumed it a while ago and it's my second favorite PSVR game, Super Hot VR being the winner so far. 

Deracine doesn't take full advantage of PSVR the way those other two games do but there are instances in the game where it plays well with the technology. There is nothing intrinsic that would not work in non-VR setting, though.

• Like 1