Any tips to win at poker ?

K1ngsTi

Hello ! You need to win 3 times ?

For that you need just a lot luck. I've got it in 30 seconds. I've two good hands and I've put all my money for the turn 3. Everyone has left and I win with 7-8 in my hand. Hahaha.

Or just one time in each town ?

There, I've put all money turn one and if I loose I leave. You need to walking 30 meters outside for reset the poker table.

Edited by Waraneasy

I did some challanges tonight, see how far I get since I like playing dominos and finger filet.
I was playing at the station where the Reverant also was, and there I just win by bluffing the rest off.
Just sended in a high bed, like a $1, and then they usually all fold, and I win.

I found the second Gambler Challange about the Blackjack kinda boring.
That was like a luck based game to me.

Edited by NL_Sion

9 hours ago, NL_Sion said:

That was like a luck based game to me.

like... I don't know ... gambling? ?

Challenges like these will come naturally if you play the card games often enough. Winning 5 Poker Hands? Easy, just play Poker like you would in Real Life! X times doubling down in Blackjack and winning? Easy again, just play Blackjack like you would do in RL. (which means only double down when you have 10 or 11 while the dealer's first card is a low number) etc.

Just be patient with these, the minigames are there to take a break and have a little change in pace, don't try to rush them, just take your time and they will be done sooner than you might think.

2 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

I've yet to find poker in any saloon. or blackjack. just keep finding 5 finger fillet. did dominoes in camp.

You can't play poker until the Reverend Swanson mission at Flatneck station

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It would probably be too easy to make loads of money if the stakes for gambling were higher.

What this game captures well IMO is how high the value of a dollar was back then. RDR1 is 12 years later, I don't know how inflation was back in the day but maybe a dollar wasn't worth as much anymore, hence why you had higher stakes in gambling in the first game. Or Rockstar simply made it so everything cost more in RDR1 than in RDR2 without basing it on real life inflation, so the fact that you could make more money in gambling was compensated by the fact that a gun cost more. IIRC a Springfield Rifle cost about 300 Dollars in RDR1 while it costs around 120 or so in RDR2, even less when you have high honor. That's more or less double the price.

22 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

Ooh... I thought it was kinda pourly done. You running around with 5000 dolar, spending 5 dolar on a meal.

That's a bit overboard.

The 5 dollar meal is an expensive one then ;) Probably with a good piece of meat.

When you have 5000 Dollar on you, you are actually rich.

I mean a beer is 50 cents ...