New Diablo Immortal is a Mobile game only

kidson2004

20 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

This is going to bomb and bomb hard. Why blizzard is making this a Mobile only game is beyond me. The backlash that was received when this was announced was definitely deserved. What do you guys think? 

https://youtu.be/YhqWaqL2N7A

the video reactions on YouTube are killing this game. 

Because mobile is next gen gaming and the new C&C game seems amazingly popular.

But on a more serious note: if they put something relevant like overwatch on mobile, people will say that it is a nice addition or something. but doing it to a game that needs a new sequel and then butcher that idea by making a mobile only game as the NEW NEXT DIABLO made by a studio who only does diablo ripp-offs... not the brightest idea.

39 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Because mobile is next gen gaming and the new C&C game seems amazingly popular.

But on a more serious note: if they put something relevant like overwatch on mobile, people will say that it is a nice addition or something. but doing it to a game that needs a new sequel and then butcher that idea by making a mobile only game as the NEW NEXT DIABLO made by a studio who only does diablo ripp-offs... not the brightest idea.

At least EA also announced possible remasters of the oldest C&C games... and probably a coincidence, but a year or two ago there was a leak of future GOG releases and the oldest C&C games were among them. I hope the mobile game meets the same fate as the "Generals" sequel/reboot/whatever that was being made years ago.

Also not only that other studio does Diablo ripoffs, but there are rumors about it being literally a reskinned Diablo ripoff.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

^ Jesus Christ it's worse than i thought. I didn't watch the conference, only the trailers and the "out-of-season April Fool's joke" guy video.

I read they're trying to cover their arses by telling journalists that there are more Diablo projects in development...

Also: https://www.diablofans.com/news/49075-diablo-immortal-interview-with-wyatt-cheng-and-joe

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

^ Jesus Christ it's worse than i thought. I didn't watch the conference, only the trailers and the "out-of-season April Fool's joke" guy video.

I read they're trying to cover their arses by telling journalists that there are more Diablo projects in development...

Also: https://www.diablofans.com/news/49075-diablo-immortal-interview-with-wyatt-cheng-and-joe

The backlash on this game is real. They weren’t prepared for this kind of response from the community. And that “You guys have phones right?” Comment literally did them in and they don’t even realize it. 

• Like 1

I want to feel bad for the guy that was up on stage since in a way I feel like he knew he was going to take a lot of heat and tried his best to salvage it as bet he could. At least I want to believe that. It's just strange how out of touch Activision/Blizzard are into thinking that a series known for its hardcore fanbase being on PC would suddenly be okay with having a microtransaction filled mobile game that nobody asked for. This is only one-upped by EA propping up Command and Conquer's corpse-- I mean showcasing the Command and Conquer mobile game at E3 this year and Konami turning Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid into Pachinko machines. Diablo can still be saved but this is dangerously close to having it put one foot in the grave. It also really doesn't help that the game is just a re-skin of another mobile game the people working on this one already did.

And like mentioned above, Blizzard have been removing negative comments in the main video trailer and apparenly re-uploaded the video to reset the like/dislike ratio as if that would really help. At least the silver lining of this is we can get some meme material out of it...

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Maybe the reason Blizzard is having a hard time addressing the current community is because they aren't setup to deal with the mentally challenged. 

Maybe the reason Blizzard is having a hard time addressing the current community is because they announced a new Diablo game in front of PC gamers that were excited to hear and see this new Diablo game; only to be massively disappointed with this coming to mobile devices only. ??

2 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Maybe the reason Blizzard is having a hard time addressing the current community is because they announced a new Diablo game in front of PC gamers that were excited to hear and see this new Diablo game; only to be massively disappointed with this coming to mobile devices only. 1f914.png1f914.png

It is crazy when people create groups and pretend those groups are mutually exclusive. Blizz announced a game in front of a crowd of people that have a device said game can run on. 

I don't think it's the mobile aspect alone... it's the game itself. it looks cheap and I can understand everyone who is upset. it has one of the most dedicated or let's say at least one of the most "hungry for more" fanbases around. a massive slap in the face and an even bigger dissapointment. the whole "just don't play it" argument is bs. seeing such a big franchise getting raped hurts the hearts of many people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J3dP89 said:

I don't think it's the mobile aspect alone... it's the game itself. it looks cheap and I can understand everyone who is upset. it has one of the most dedicated or let's say at least one of the most "hungry for more" fanbases around. a massive slap in the face and an even bigger dissapointment. the whole "just don't play it" argument is bs. seeing such a big franchise getting raped hurts the hearts of many people.

It's so cheap that it's free. It clearly fits right into a f2p section of the Play and App stores. I might even say it looks a little better than the average f2p mobile game. 

Disappointment of what? People shouldn't go around expecting or predicting anything when it comes to these conventions. Those people have no one to blame but themselves for their unmet expectations.

No one has been slapped in the face. You people do nothing but overact and cry.  

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

It's so cheap that it's free. It clearly fits right into a f2p section of the Play and App stores. I might even say it looks a little better than the average f2p mobile game. 

Disappointment of what? People shouldn't go around expecting or predicting anything when it comes to these conventions. Those people have no one to blame but themselves for their unmet expectations.

No one has been slapped in the face. You people do nothing but overact and cry.  

I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise (still enjoying it), so I'm not part of the "you people". But is it really so hard for you to understand that people are sad that their favourite franchise gets butchered? there would be no complaining if there was a remaster for d2 or even a 10 second teaser for d4 (looking at you Elder Scrolls) and AFTER THAT they can announce the mobile stuff. many folks are afraid that this is the future of diablo and that would be a shame.

• Like 2