New Diablo Immortal is a Mobile game only

kidson2004

2 minutes ago, J3dP89 said:

I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise (still enjoying it), so I'm not part of the "you people". But is it really so hard for you to understand that people are sad that their favourite franchise gets butchered? there would be no complaining if there was a remaster for d2 or even a 10 second teaser for d4 (looking at you Elder Scrolls) and AFTER THAT they can announce the mobile stuff. many folks are afraid that this is the future of diablo and that would be a shame.

The franchise isn't butchered. It is only getting a mobile version. The mobile game doesn't change my interest in one day getting Diablo 4  on Playstation or PC.
Not having an announcment for a D2 remaster or D4 isn't equal to the franchise being ruined. Folk will complain for whatever reason as outrage culture and social media drama demands it.

Afraid? Yeah whoever you want to talk about being afraid will always be afraid about something. Even if this was D4 on PC you could speak about some people being afraid of it being a repeat of the D3 at launch. Fear sells more than sex for you people. 

11 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I want to feel bad for the guy that was up on stage since in a way I feel like he knew he was going to take a lot of heat and tried his best to salvage it as bet he could. At least I want to believe that. It's just strange how out of touch Activision/Blizzard are into thinking that a series known for its hardcore fanbase being on PC would suddenly be okay with having a microtransaction filled mobile game that nobody asked for. This is only one-upped by EA propping up Command and Conquer's corpse-- I mean showcasing the Command and Conquer mobile game at E3 this year and Konami turning Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid into Pachinko machines. Diablo can still be saved but this is dangerously close to having it put one foot in the grave. It also really doesn't help that the game is just a re-skin of another mobile game the people working on this one already did.

And like mentioned above, Blizzard have been removing negative comments in the main video trailer and apparenly re-uploaded the video to reset the like/dislike ratio as if that would really help. At least the silver lining of this is we can get some meme material out of it...

What is this BS about the video being reuploaded? I'm still seeing the original video, it has 390k downvotes.

11 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

What is this BS about the video being reuploaded? I'm still seeing the original video, it has 390k downvotes. <video snip>

Apparently they did re-upload it or made it unlisted temporarily so they could reset the likes/dislikes according to people that were going back to the video. It's possible they had other reasons but it wouldn't surprise me if they really did think that was something that would have worked.

Also wow, them pulling anything about Diablo 4 isn't a good sign. I feel bad for the fanbase, especially ones that have been there since the beginning.

Edited by Redgrave

On 11/4/2018 at 0:21 PM, Undead Wolf said:

"Do you guys not have phones!?"

Yeah, but that doesn't mean we want to play games on them. We have these things called consoles and PC's that are much better suited for that. They must be so out of touch with their playerbase if they were expecting anything but a negative reaction when announcing this in a room full of hardcore PC gamers.

Amen, brother.

I do want to mention that Activision's stock fell 7% on the news of this game. 

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

How to do damage control, the wrong way 101, Part 2: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769689106?page=1

Damn the community is out for blood. I had no idea that they’re that bad. They lost so much trust that people aren’t looking forward to D4 seeing that this mobile game is “family friendly”.