Unobtainable Trophies That Are Obtainable With Charles

Wuthg21

Recently the user @HusKyCode found a way to obtain the Mad Max platinum via downgrading. Now that we are aware of this method it is a good way to test it out with other games. If you know any game, that in any way benefits of the downgrading method, then let us know in the replies. This means obtaining an unobtainable trophy, or making an trophy easier to obtain.

The software which is mostly used is Charles Proxy. If there are any other software that we can use let us know. 

Here are the games that have been tested out, and work / benefit:

Mad Max (Fixed)

Trophies Affected:

:platinum: Halls of Valhalla 

:bronze: Running Wild

:bronze: The Guardian

:bronze: The Messenger

The recently 1.05 update that got released broke two death races. Here is the way how fix it.

With the new 1.06 update all the problems got resolved.

Payday 2 (PS4)

Trophies Affected: 

:gold: Celsius or Fahrenheit?

The latest update broke this single dlc trophy. Fortunately you can fix it.

Black Ops 3 (PS4)

Trophies Affected:

:silver: Love And War

The easter egg itself is not broken, but the cutscene after completing it is broken. Because of this the trophy can not be obtained, except with this method.

Needs Testing

These games may benefit from the downgrading trick, so if someone wants to volunteer and test it out it would be great

The Brookhaven Experiment (Suggested by @Warped_Tonttu)

Affected Trophy: 

:bronze: Executioner

Rack N Ruin (Suggested by @JorgeSleep)

Affected Trophies:

:bronze: Dependency

:platinum: Platinum Trophy

For more suggestions, leave a comment down below =)

Edited by Wuthg21
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wuthg21 said:

Recently the user @HusKyCode found a way to obtain the Mad Max platinum via downgrading. Now that we are aware of this method it is a good way to test it out with other games. If you know any game, that in any way benefits of the downgrading method, then let us know in the replies. This means obtaining an unobtainable trophy, or making an trophy easier to obtain.

Here are the games that have been tested out, and work:

Mad Max

Trophies Affected:

:platinum: Halls of Valhalla 

:bronze: Running Wild

:bronze: The Guardian

:bronze: The Messenger

The recently 1.05 update that got released broke two death races. Here is the way how fix it.

Payday 2 (PS4)

Trophies Affected: 

:gold: Celsius or Fahrenheit?

The latest update broke this single dlc trophy. Fortunately you can fix it.

Black Ops 3 (PS4)

Trophies Affected:

:silver: Love And War

The easter egg itself is not broken, but the cutscene after completing it is broken. Because of this the trophy can not be obtained, except with this method.

These three are on the top of my head now, let me know if there are other games i have missed. It would also be a good idea to put suggestions here for people to try out different games =)

Mirco machine 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

Mirco machine 

I made the guide for Micro Machines and I wrote that, since the trophy can only be obtained online and you need the latest patch to play online, it’s unobtainable.

For those who have the physical copy of Flatout 4, there is a trophy that is currently unobtainable, but downgrade to the previous or first version of the game, it works.

Btw I made a list with this kind of unobtainable platinum and some are marked as Digital versions because you can’t delete the patch, so all other games with the physical version is still possible ;) check my signature link ;) 

Edited by TurtlePM

Just now, TurtlePM said:

I made the guide for Micro Machines and I wrote that, since the trophy can only be obtained online and you need the latest patch to unlock that trophy, it’s unobtainable.

For those who have the physical copy of Flatout 4, there is a trophy that is currently unobtainable, but downgrade to the previous or first version of the game, it works.

Btw I made a list with this kind of unobtainable platinum and some are marked as Digital versions because you can’t delete the patch, so all other games with the physical version is still possible ;) 

Digital games should also be possible with Charles, but i am not sure if digital only works. I tested out the digital version of payday 2 to unlock my trophy.

11 minutes ago, Wuthg21 said:

Digital games should also be possible with Charles, but i am not sure if digital only works. I tested out the digital version of payday 2 to unlock my trophy.

In that case, any glitched trophy related to a recent update, can be done by simply disconnecting the internet or fill your PlayStation with other games, apps, videos so it doesn’t have enough space to install new patches ;)

Just now, TurtlePM said:

In that case, any glitched trophy related to a recent update, can be done by simply disconnecting the internet or fill your PlayStation with other games, apps, videos so it doesn’t have enough space to install new patches ;)

Yea that is one way to see it, but around 99% does not do that :P

20 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

I made the guide for Micro Machines and I wrote that, since the trophy can only be obtained online and you need the latest patch to play online, it’s unobtainable.

Btw I made a list with this kind of unobtainable platinum and some are marked as Digital versions because you can’t delete the patch, so all other games with the physical version is still possible ;) check my signature link ;) 

Maybe.  But.    Someone claimed that they law breakers to work.  Before it closed.    With disk.   

4 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

So it says online required, so for sure you can not get it via this method.

16 minutes ago, Warped_Tonttu said:

The Brookhaven Experiment.

Is it tested if the method works for this game?

14 minutes ago, Wuthg21 said:

So it says online required, so for sure you can not get it via this method.

Is it tested if the method works for this game?

Not tested, just letting you know that it could probably benefit from this method. The latest and probably last patch made "Executioner" trophy unobtainable.

It would be nice if the OP @Wuthg21 explained in a little bit more detail what this actually about. I have a pretty good idea "downgrading" means going to a prior version of a game, but since no further description is given, nor a tutorial, and that link doesn't really tell me anything, I'm still guessing.

Why wouldn't we just use an install disk and stay offline?  Does this let us play online with previous versions?   etc...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

It would be nice if the OP @Wuthg21 explained in a little bit more detail what this actually about. I have a pretty good idea "downgrading" means going to a prior version of a game, but since no further description is given, nor a tutorial, and that link doesn't really tell me anything, I'm still guessing.

Why wouldn't we just use an install disk and stay offline?  Does this let us play online with previous versions?   etc...

Some games are digital only, and can't be downgraded. If you delete and redownload it, it automatically downloads the patch as part of the game download, you can't cancel/pause it, so this would be very helpful for games that get broken via patches.

31 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

by downgrade you mean play the game without the latest patch?

19 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Yea sorry im a bit sleep deprived from work, i will update the post tommorow with more information. @Hakoom with some games you can trick the psn download server to download a lower patch, for example the black ops 3 trophy that is glitched is a dlc trophy. You can not play that dlc on version 1.00, and on the latest patch the trophy is glitched, so with this method you can actually download 1 patch before (or more), making the trophy obtainable. You still have to unlock the trophy like you normally would.

34 minutes ago, Wuthg21 said:

Yea sorry im a bit sleep deprived from work, i will update the post tommorow with more information. @Hakoom with some games you can trick the psn download server to download a lower patch, for example the black ops 3 trophy that is glitched is a dlc trophy. You can not play that dlc on version 1.00, and on the latest patch the trophy is glitched, so with this method you can actually download 1 patch before (or more), making the trophy obtainable. You still have to unlock the trophy like you normally would.

thanks for the explanation

works on digital games too? they come patched already from psn