Is your gaming in a well lit room or in the dark?

Cryogenicide_X

I'm sort of undecided on the matter myself, I've tried both. I think gaming in a dark room does make gaming more immersive. However, it is also at the same time more harsh on your eyes so can lead to eye strain, headaches etc..

I guess gaming in a brightly lit room is the "healthiest" way in terms of your eyes. 

So what's your preference?

This actually came up for me recently. 

I gamed in the dark for most of my life. Then I thought "I wonder why I always have a headache and my eyes feel weird?". So I set out to figure out why, not even thinking it was gaming in the dark. Then a friend pointed that glaring fact out to me so I hooked up a lamp lol. I've definitely felt better ever since.

Both! Don't have a choice because of a high ceiling and large window 10' up that doesn't have shades.

Which kinda sucks because psvr is way better in the dark, so for optimal virtual reality I have to wait till sundown.

But if I had a preference, I think it still would be both. Depending on my mood

Both, but typically with the lights on.

If I have an hour or so to myself at night and I'm really enjoying a game I'll turn the lights off and play, but it's not often. I'll flick the lights off around Halloween, and at Christmas when everyone's gone to bed I'll flick the lights off, play some games and eat the Christmas leftovers. My favourite time of year.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

In the dark. However, if I think a spider or bug is moving around the room you can beat your ass I'm turning the light back on and not gaming in the dark for a few hours LOL

Ha ha ha ha ha. 

I had to stop playing the other night to murder the shit out of a bloody spider that decided to venture in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

In the dark. However, if I think a spider or bug is moving around the room you can beat your ass I'm turning the light back on and not gaming in the dark for a few hours LOL

I get scorpions from time to time. I remember killing those big scorpion enemies in FFXV and went to the bathroom not five minutes later to find one just waiting for me... stomped that bastard just like I did his virtual brothers but definitely felt "tingly" for a couple days after xD

• Like 1

Dark makes things on screen easier to see, and since gaming is very much so about following movements on screen closely... dark tends to be better.  Not to mention it adds to the movie-like atmosphere of cinematic games, and the spooky atmosphere of horror games.

That being said, I game in the living room and have the lights on most of the time.  Unless I feel I should for atmospheric/immersive reasons.  My eyes/head thanks me.

Edited by Dreakon13