Is your gaming in a well lit room or in the dark?

Cryogenicide_X

Both but mostly on a well-lit room. I personally prefer playing on a properly illuminated area in order to not put extra strain on what's left of my eyesight. I have to admit that I sometimes stay late at night gaming with the lights off when everyone else is sleeping but that is a seldom occurrence.

Also, if it is a horror game of sorts, you can bet your ass I'm going to be playing not only with all the lights in my apartment turned on but also with the curtains open and in the morning hours, preferably. If there are other people near me, all the better lol xD

• Like 3

Fairly dark more often than not, especially since I play at night. My new TV looks really damn good though. Have to say it was probably the best purchase I've ever made.

LFUUV8x.jpg

I did buy some LED lights specifically designed to go behind the TV, and they can react to sound, so I'll set those up at some point and it'll look a lot better.

Next step is to probably buy a better desk lamp.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Valyrious said:

Fairly dark more often than not, especially since I play at night. My new TV looks really damn good though. Have to say it was probably the best purchase I've ever made.

LFUUV8x.jpg

I did buy some LED lights specifically designed to go behind the TV, and they can react to sound, so I'll set those up at some point and it'll look a lot better.

Next step is to probably buy a better desk lamp.

Yeah that's a nice TV, what size is it?

Usually well-lit, but it depends on the game or time of day. I prefer playing spooky games in the dark. I have a string of LED lights that wrap around the back of the TV, so I sometimes like to change them to a color that matches the mood or atmosphere of the game (e.g. blue for calm areas or near water, red for horror, green for forests or wide open environments). You can buy them for like $10. I just wish they were a little brighter...

Next up: surround sound!

• 1 month later...

Well-lit. Preferably by natural daylight but at this time of year I have to rely on lamps even during the day.

I only play in the dark when the daylight is too bright to actually see what's happening on the screen. Although I've not had that issue so much since I moved the furniture around - but that could also be due to the fact it's winter. 

Edited by Vrisnem

• 3 years later...

"EMBRACE THE DAHKNESS!" Is my general desire. 99% of my playtime is in the living room with lights off and blinds closed whenever possible.There is a light in the kitchen thats usually on but it doesnt do a whole lot to the living room. If it wasnt too far away for a good wireless wifi connection id probably play in my room since i have blackout curtains in there but it is what it is.

Depends on the game, but I find keeping it pretty dark looks the best with my monitor for most. Particular games or levels, however, trigger my photosensitive symptoms more in the dark, in which case the light goes on.

Most recently, the Berlin nightclub map in Hitman 3 made me feel awful, so I had to take a break and flip the lights on.

I am a HSP, so all of my lights are out and my blinds are closed. We get enough natural light even though the blinds to keep me content with my ability to see and the blinds keep me anxiety-free. When it gets dark outside, I turn on ONE bedside lamp with a warm-toned incandescent bulb that takes ages to heat up and get to full brightness. By that time, it's time to go to bed. :)