Platinum Tips For New Players / People Tackling This In 2018 and Beyond

Hi Guys, Since there isn't a guide for this on PS4 and I'm about to wrap up the Platinum in the next few days I thought I would share what I did to platinum this game very easily.

If you're playing this game solo, the Co-op trophies may seem daunting but I would ignore these for your first play through and just enjoy the story /  gameplay.

Focus on levelling your lock picking early to try and get the Exotic (Gold) weapons for Rootin' Tootin' Looting and keep an eye out for collectibles. (These carry over across play throughs but makes the game less of a grind if you keep an eye out for them)

Once you finish the base game (depending on how many side quests you do) you should be between level 35/45. The Easiest way I found to hit level 50, without worrying about trying to Dupe Champagne / Oleander is to simply hit "New Game" then chapter select chapter 18. Click your main gameplay and it will load in that character to Chapter 18. Simply finish off the enemies before Ryder is accessible. (make sure your rage is ready to be used and kill him with rage) This will net huge EXP and lvl 50 can be grinded in a couple of hours.

Once you finish this off I would focus on getting all 3 other characters to the Lifeguard tower. This can be done in 10 minutes each (Skip Prologue) and is effective when going for ALL Co-op trophies / originality. Trying to boost Originality proved hard for me as there aren't too many people tackling this game at the back end of 2018, however searching for random lobbies will give you players you can join. The reason you want to be at the lifeguard tower (Starting Chapter 2) is this is where MOST people will be if they are just starting the game / if they are starting a NG+. Search for lobbies often (every 10 minutes or so) and hopefully you will find a lobby with 2/3 people with unique characters. (No 2 people playing the same character) If you find this then join and hope another player going for originality sees it, or if it was a lobby of 3, congratulations, you've just pinged the Trophy.

Having 4 characters at the point of the lifeguard tower ensures if you see a random lobby of 3 original characters you will be able to switch the character you are playing and jump in right away.

Those trophies should prove to be the hardest to achieve when tackling this game so long after re-release.

Other Tips that are helpful.

Rootin Tootin Looting: If you have real difficulties with this trophy the following also works. 1: Idle in game for 5 hours (Not paused) the next chest you check Should have an exotic weapon. 2: From level 20 onwards in the bloodbath (Hard Arena) DLC (Free with PS4 Version)  enemies can drop Exotic Weapons. (I am unsure if this works on the easier arena's, if I get confirmation I will advise In the comments)

Overall this game was loads of fun and returning to it I thoroughly enjoyed the platinum. 10% Platinum Achievement is higher than the original 6% but is still quite low for how simple this platinum can be. If you're mostly a solo gamer like me, online trophies can be a real deterrent but with how this game allows matchmaking, the co-op trophies are really straightforward and the only one that will take a bit of luck is originality.

Good luck and enjoy a really under-rated game.

Hope this helps

Edited by Mr_Wright95
Corrections

Would also like to add that when you are just coming back to the Resort with the armored truck before finishing Act 2, there will be a flaming infected running at you when you switch maps. Kill him, restart the checkpoint and repeat until you get One Is All I Need. Since he gonna be constantly losing health due to the fire, you will always insta kill him if your weapon is decent enough. I had issue getting kills on the garage checkpoints using blunt weapons and this made it very easy.

You can also get the Extreme Firefighting trophy here if you use a deobomb to kill him 5 times. Do the restart checkpoint on death trick or just bring 5 bombs and you should be fine.

• 2 years later...
On 11/4/2018 at 9:36 PM, TheYuriG said:

Would also like to add that when you are just coming back to the Resort with the armored truck before finishing Act 2, there will be a flaming infected running at you when you switch maps. Kill him, restart the checkpoint and repeat until you get One Is All I Need. Since he gonna be constantly losing health due to the fire, you will always insta kill him if your weapon is decent enough. I had issue getting kills on the garage checkpoints using blunt weapons and this made it very easy.

You can also get the Extreme Firefighting trophy here if you use a deobomb to kill him 5 times. Do the restart checkpoint on death trick or just bring 5 bombs and you should be fine.

Still works, Make sure you mod your machete before you do this. You can do what he said or fast travel from the tunnel to the arena (as many times you need until you unlock the trophy) 

Edited by Sea_Dragon777

• 2 weeks later...

I found the kill x amount of enemies in a row can be done on the same enemies, so long as you quit out after you kill them or fail to kill them in a row. I managed to get the headshots and infected in a row in the first act like that. 

If you aren’t afraid of grinding, you can always get to the Hotel, loot the bar of Alcohol, then go outside and quit out, then go back in and rinse and repeat. After you have the alcohol go to the guy nearby that asks for 3 bottles and just make some Molotovs. If you have more than necessary, just sell them. You get 100 XP and this should serve as a good XP farm early on in Act 1 as the Alcohol respawns when you die or when you quit out and reenter the game.

Also, the Savior trophy cannot be tracked via the Trophies section. But, there are three savior opportunities at the Beach. One is a little ways away from where you commence the game, the other is near the concert stage, the last one is in the bunker later in the act. A savior opportunity consists of killing all the Skull icons on the map then talking to the individual. Usually, there is no mission whatsoever related to them, just a reward. It can all be done in Act 1.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666