TAHA_ELNAFATI

Waiting for Black Friday or Boxing Day to buy?

27 posts in this topic

Hello there 

What are you most excited to buy on PSN

and which has better offers Black Friday or Boxing Day 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was waiting to buy a ps4 pro and wanted to give the psvr a go but with the ps5 coming soon, i'm now thinking of holding off on that.

i'm glad that BF has come to the UK, i dont bother with BD sales now as i can go see family instead.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

idk, its more i wait and see if the thing i'm interested in goes on sale, psn wise i normally end up picking something up on every sale, so in that sense it makes no difference to me.

Edited by Leenewbe
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm never that excited for the PSN Black Friday deals. Usually, they're pretty tame discounts on months-old AAA games, together with the same sales that we've seen a million times before (who wants to bet that Crypt of the Necrodancer will be $2.99 again?). 

 

I much prefer things like the Golden Week sale (which only seems to appear randomly in NA). At least there, the games are ones that I don't see often.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Black Friday offers the deepest sales from any other sale throughout the year on PSN. So I'd say I'm waiting for the Black Friday sale more than the Boxing Day sale.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I was going to get PSVR. But I don't know if I can stomach giving Sony money during this censorship travesty. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

I was waiting to buy a ps4 pro and wanted to give the psvr a go but with the ps5 coming soon, i'm now thinking of holding off on that.

i'm glad that BF has come to the UK, i dont bother with BD sales now as i can go see family instead.

What do you mean by writing Coming Soon ? just curious.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

I was waiting to buy a ps4 pro and wanted to give the psvr a go but with the ps5 coming soon, i'm now thinking of holding off on that.

i'm glad that BF has come to the UK, i dont bother with BD sales now as i can go see family instead.

 

Ya might wanna take advantage of Targets deals this year.

 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-black-friday-2018-early-deals-all-the-ps4-game/1100-6462993/?gid=6000174490&messageid=6000379354&uid=60252490711&utm_campaign=20160510&utm_medium=email&utm_source=weekly_newsletter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more excited for physical sales as those go deeper, it seems. Last year was a good year for me - PS4 Pro, PSVR, Farpoint with AIM controller...

 

15 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

I was waiting to buy a ps4 pro and wanted to give the psvr a go but with the ps5 coming soon, i'm now thinking of holding off on that.

i'm glad that BF has come to the UK, i dont bother with BD sales now as i can go see family instead.

 

"Soon"? As in, at the very least two years away? PS4 is under five years old, if Sony brings in a PS5 next year after doing the PS4 Pro, they're going to lose customers. Console gamers are the ones who didn't want to swap computers every two years.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me personally, I’m looking forward to Black Friday sales in stores and Christmas sales on the PSN. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm in the uk, no target. :( @dokkanexpert

 

1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:

I'm more excited for physical sales as those go deeper, it seems. Last year was a good year for me - PS4 Pro, PSVR, Farpoint with AIM controller...

 

 

"Soon"? As in, at the very least two years away? PS4 is under five years old, if Sony brings in a PS5 next year after doing the PS4 Pro, they're going to lose customers. Console gamers are the ones who didn't want to swap computers every two years.

with no new games announced for ps4, no psx this year, i have a feeling that the ps5 will be announced next year at e3 maybe with a release of late 2019 early 2020. i'm also hoping that the ps4 library will be bc.

I also have a base ps4 so can hold out for a little longer.

 

also Sony revises their consoles all the time, obviously there was a bigger jump Ps4>pro but the ps3 had 3 different iterations with the super slim only coming out a year before the ps4.

 

@UltraRareBoy thinking late 2019 early 2020.

Edited by Leenewbe
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

with no new games announced for ps4, no psx this year, i have a feeling that the ps5 will be announced next year at e3 maybe with a release of late 2019 early 2020. i'm also hoping that the ps4 library will be bc.

I also have a base ps4 so can hold out for a little longer.

 

also Sony revises their consoles all the time, obviously there was a bigger jump Ps4>pro but the ps3 had 3 different iterations with the super slim only coming out a year before the ps4.

 

Death Stranding, The Last Of Us 2 and Days Gone are PS4 exclusives if I recall correctly.

 

Yeah most consoles do different versions, but Pro and X1X were the first to do real power upgrades, weren't they? Though at least the regular PS4 can play anything the PS4 Pro can.

 

And nah, PS4 games won't be backwards compatible, not unless the PS5 is just a PS4.5.5. Because Sony saw they can keep backwards compatibility away, just do a remaster of everything, and people will buy it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black friday last year was an amazing time to pick up physical copies of games. Bought a dozen games in the 15-30$ range. Hoping we get similar deals this year. Would love to see Yakuza kiwami 2 for 20$.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4 Pro is the only thing on my list right now.  I see quite a few pre-ads for the XBOX, but nothing showing for the PS4 yet.  Hopefully someone will have something.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I'm never that excited for the PSN Black Friday deals. Usually, they're pretty tame discounts on months-old AAA games, together with the same sales that we've seen a million times before (who wants to bet that Crypt of the Necrodancer will be $2.99 again?). 

 

I much prefer things like the Golden Week sale (which only seems to appear randomly in NA). At least there, the games are ones that I don't see often.

My bet is Murder Soul Suspects will be on sale again :P
 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:

 

Death Stranding, The Last Of Us 2 and Days Gone are PS4 exclusives if I recall correctly.

 

Yeah most consoles do different versions, but Pro and X1X were the first to do real power upgrades, weren't they? Though at least the regular PS4 can play anything the PS4 Pro can.

 

And nah, PS4 games won't be backwards compatible, not unless the PS5 is just a PS4.5.5. Because Sony saw they can keep backwards compatibility away, just do a remaster of everything, and people will buy it.

no new ps4 title announcements, those have all been announced before, pretty sure that was last year as well.

Edited by Leenewbe
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

no new ps4 title announcements, those have all been announced before, pretty sure that was last year as well.

 

Doesn't new mean upcoming?

 

Last year on E3, nothing new for PS4 was announced either, except for one remaster.

 

I guess only time will tell us but a new console in just a year feels way to soon. That's Nintendo's speed after Wii U and that console was a disaster, not the biggest of the generation.

 

... So I guess I could see it happen if Microsoft came with a new console next year 😂

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I currently have been holding out on buying things for Black Friday, hoping for a lot of games to go on sale that I do want to get
May pick up a few games for the Switch if any of them go on sale as well even though I don't have the system yet.
I'm going to probably buy games online again like I did last year.
About the current list of games I am was holding out on and waiting to see if they go on sale or not
Spider-Man
God of War
Detroit Become Human
Call of Cthulhu
The Crew 2
Omen of Sorrow
Soul Calibur VI
Vampyr
Red Dead Redemption 2
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Dragon Quest XI
Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Far Cry 5
Monster Energy Supercross
Nascar Heat 3
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Jurassic World Evolution

Omen of Sorrow I'm not counting on going sale really, and Red Dead Redemption if it does go on sale it probably won't be any less than $45 at the most if it goes any lower than that if at all I be surprised.
 Hoping PSN+ goes on sale as well
As for Switch games hoping for Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild to go on sale if I get any.
I may pick up more games than that if I see them on sale and hoping for some digital games to go on sale as well.

With ads currently released so far I haven't seen anything on Spider-Man and Jurassic World Evolution, be a bit disappointed if those two aren't on sale.
nothing on Fist of the North Star either.
And Switch sales seem a bit barren as well as 3DS.

Edited by Nightstream88
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking of buying a Digital copy of all my Physical games (if there on sale) and then sell/swap my physical games 

but the problem is that I'm worried about my save data

will i continue the Digital games normally like the Physical games or start from beginning?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the save files should be fine as long as they are from the same region, i've had loads of disc based games then become free on ps+ and have been able to continue with no problems @TAHA_ELNAFATI

Edited by Leenewbe
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 6, 2018 at 10:39 AM, Agent 47 said:

"Soon"? As in, at the very least two years away? PS4 is under five years old, if Sony brings in a PS5 next year after doing the PS4 Pro, they're going to lose customers. Console gamers are the ones who didn't want to swap computers every two years.

 

Doesn't stop them from upgrading their perfectly good iPhones though. Consumers, including console gamers, don't always use their brains before their wallets...

 

(affects teenage accent) PS4 Pro? That is so 2018...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TAHA_ELNAFATI said:

I was thinking of buying a Digital copy of all my Physical games (if there on sale) and then sell/swap my physical games 

but the problem is that I'm worried about my save data

will i continue the Digital games normally like the Physical games or start from beginning?

 

Most will be compatible, but there are exceptions. Also keep it mind that there could be other compatibility issues besides region like GOTY/regular version.

Edited by fastflowdaman
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea when Boxing Day falls, so yeah Black Friday...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

(affects teenage accent)

 

tenor.gif

 

You're not wrong though, I guess. Personally I did the "newest phone" thing for a few years until I decided just to fork out the cash for a good SLR camera instead. Now I'm back to using the same phone for years.

 

I hope though that people won't just accept another new console so soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.