The Sharpshooter Technique

NaseemJohn

Pretty sure almost no one knows about this but there's a technique that really comes in handy for those headshot and accuracy requirements if you’re going for gold medals. Basically when you aim at an enemy you'll notice that the auto aim tends to go in the chest area, all you need to do is tap L2 to lock onto an enemy then immediately follow up with a subtle flick on R upwards for a quick second then tap R2 to shoot. Keep doing this on every enemy and you'll pull off easy headshots without relying on dead eye. It might take some getting use to but once you get it to work it's like a automatic headshot cheat code.

Edited by NaseemJohn
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Smuiq said:

I got a question and decided to put it here

do anyone know how to best auto-aim or any other tips for doing headshots easily using sniper riffle? as it seems not to have any lock one feature while in sniper mode

I don't think there's any auto aim with the sniper but what I tend to do is look near the enemy with the camera then just zoom in. Waiting while they're behind cover is your best chance to get headshots as they tend to stay in one place.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

So when doing this I'm assuming you mean hold L2, while holding it you flick the right stick up toward the head and then tap R2 to fire? I haven't had a ton of success pulling headshots I still get a good number of body shots, might add this to the guide lol

47 minutes ago, NCSFan001 said:

So when doing this I'm assuming you mean hold L2, while holding it you flick the right stick up toward the head and then tap R2 to fire? I haven't had a ton of success pulling headshots I still get a good number of body shots, might add this to the guide lol

Make sure auto aim is on, Tap L2 (the auto aim will point the reticle at the persons chest area), immediately flick R upwards a bit (will move the reticle from the persons chest to their head) and then tap R2 right after you flick R. You have to do it all in quick succession and it works a lot better with accurate weapons. 

Edited by NaseemJohn

3 hours ago, NCSFan001 said:

2 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Make sure auto aim is on, Tap L2 (the auto aim will point the reticle at the persons chest area), immediately flick R upwards a bit (will move the reticle from the persons chest to their head) and then tap R2 right after you flick R. You have to do it all in quick succession and it works a lot better with accurate weapons. 

They've changed the targeting so you can no longer just flick up for headshots. You've actually gotta put effort into aiming at the head.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Feral said:

They've changed the targeting so you can no longer just flick up for headshots. You've actually gotta put effort into aiming at the head.

really now? They make these 70 gold harder and harder the longer the game is out, now I need likely longer for that trophy xD

12 minutes ago, Rewemarkt66 said:

really now? They make these 70 gold harder and harder the longer the game is out, now I need likely longer for that trophy xD

Rockstar secretly have a stake in PS4 controllers. So they want people to go mental getting the 70 gold medals and break them lol.

But yeah it's just time to enslave yourself to that trophy.

8 hours ago, Feral said:

And here I was reading op's statement thinking I was a dumbass for not being able to envision how that would work. Lol I was like how the hell are you supposed to release the aim button and still land a headshot. 

Thanks for letting me know. 

3 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

And here I was reading op's statement thinking I was a dumbass for not being able to envision how that would work. Lol I was like how the hell are you supposed to release the aim button and still land a headshot. 

Thanks for letting me know. 

Ha ha ha ha happens to the best of us.

No worries mate.