[Tool] [v1.2] HusKy's Compendium Helper - Automatic tracking for Zoologist & Skin Deep Progress and more...

HusKy

14 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

That is weird for sure.

Is it still happening? What are your numbers in "Trophies" section?

Yeah it's still the same, As I've done more animals now I'm currently sitting at 98% Zooligist, and 97% Skin Deep but when I use the tool, it shows 98% and 14%. 

As far as I'm aware I'm just missing Western Moose to study and skin, Devon Bull and Eastern Turkey Vulture to study. and Northern Copperhead Snake to skin. 

4 minutes ago, Joseph-Follows said:

Yeah it's still the same, As I've done more animals now I'm currently sitting at 98% Zooligist, and 97% Skin Deep but when I use the tool, it shows 98% and 14%. 

As far as I'm aware I'm just missing Western Moose to study and skin, Devon Bull and Eastern Turkey Vulture to study. and Northern Copperhead Snake to skin. 

If your compendium is public, you can send me link via PM and I can have a look.

I read it somewhere on this forum that birds are not required for skin deep trophy, is this confirmed? Sorry for OT

BTW fantastic job. This surely helps a lot.

some of the animals are shown as incomplete in the compendium even though I have done all the steps. Not sure if that’s something can be fixed from your side.

Edited by Maverick6146

3 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

I read it somewhere on this forum that birds are not required for skin deep trophy, is this confirmed? Sorry for OT

some of the animals are shown as incomplete in the compendium even though I have done all the steps. Not sure if that’s something can be fixed from your side.

Only certain birds can be skinned (e.g. pheasants, egrets etc), but there are still plenty of them. Make sure to either follow the info from compendium or just shoot each new bird and then try to skin it. Worst case scenario you pluck couple feathers.

Sometimes, R* servers will provide incomplete data. I don't know why it happens, but for example @Joseph-Follows has issues with his compendium being incomplete even though he has already skinned many animals. Because of the data being incomplete, the script will mark these animals as unfinished for the trophies.

15 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

You definitely need pheasants, vultures, owls and loons. Can't remember about ducks.

Try not to think of skinning actually meaning skinning.

Skinning gets you meat for all animals, and if it's got fur, you get fur.

If the bird is big and makes good eatin'... it can be skinned. You'll notice Arthur rips open the bird's chest and pulls out meat (as opposed to pulling off feathers for a non-skinnable bird).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Katzen147 said:

In Rockstar Social Club all my animals in the compendium are glitched out and marked as 0% expect for the grizzly bear... i hope it doesn't affect the script or even worse the trophy...

I'm kind of scared now ^^

If you are receiving incomplete data from R* servers, then the script cannot properly calculate your skin deep progress. Nonetheless your trophies should not be affected.

You can also check your progress via Trophies section on the RDR2 page.

10 minutes ago, HusKyCode said:

If you are receiving incomplete data from R* servers, then the script cannot properly calculate your skin deep progress. Nonetheless your trophies should not be affected.

You can also check your progress via Trophies section on the RDR2 page.

My trophy progress says 55% / 35%... looks realistic... but it's rockstar. You never know when you get screwed up. If i click on an animal, it shows the correct stats but all these progress bars are empty. Somehow the script seems to work nonetheless... will give it a try. Thanks for the written script btw, it's fantastic. I appreciate your effort.

7 hours ago, Katzen147 said:

My trophy progress says 55% / 35%... looks realistic... but it's rockstar. You never know when you get screwed up. If i click on an animal, it shows the correct stats but all these progress bars are empty. Somehow the script seems to work nonetheless... will give it a try. Thanks for the written script btw, it's fantastic. I appreciate your effort.

Check your in game compendium to be sure. Social Club is full of bugs and I only use it for trophy progress and gold medal counting 

I have pushed v0.9:

v0.9 - Nov 27th 2018

• added basic support for other compendium sections: Fish, Equipment, Plants, Horses, Weapons
  • you can now show undiscovered items and see their names
  • added videos for legendary fish

If you have ever wondered which plants, weapons, horses etc. you are missing, this update should help you with that.

Mc5MSud.png

Edited by HusKyCode
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

I have pushed v0.9:

v0.9 - Nov 27th 2018

• added basic support for other compendium sections: Fish, Equipment, Plants, Horses, Weapons
  • you can now show undiscovered items and see their names
  • added videos for legendary fish

If you have ever wondered which plants, weapons, horses etc. you are missing, this update should help you with that.

Mc5MSud.png

Thanks again for the great work, I am sure the plants section will help when I do the herbalist challenge. I will need to make a translated list to match my in game language though.

7 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

Thanks again for the great work, I am sure the plants section will help when I do the herbalist challenge. I will need to make a translated list to match my in game language though.

What's your compendium language?

I was thinking of expanding supported languages but that will have to wait a bit because...

RDR2 page has been expanded and now contains info about challenges:

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr2/challenges

I saw the code for this in the page while I was working on HCH and R* has finally pushed the update.

If you have any ideas how challenges page could be expanded with HCH to make your progress easier, let me know.

Videos for all 43 plants and 9 wild horses (Horseman challenge #10) coming in the next update.

Edited by HusKyCode

I was about 4 animals left to skin and study, but now I access the url and there are a bunch of animals showing. Can you take a look?

Nevertheless, great job. Awesome script, helps a lot. Thank you so much.

Edited by lordsaci
added the complements

10 hours ago, lordsaci said:

I was about 4 animals left to skin and study, but now I access the url and there are a bunch of animals showing. Can you take a look?

Nevertheless, great job. Awesome script, helps a lot. Thank you so much.

Can you provide more information or perhaps a screenshot?

"Bunch of animals showing" sounds about right though. :)