NekoRave

Iron Frog level 6/9

20 posts in this topic

I HATE YOU

I did this on Xbox, why the hell is this so hard now, what the hell is going on.

Is it easier to like delete my save and not play the story mode? 

Level 6 just is so freaking brutal and I feel like Zuma knows I'm semi decent already and is learning.

IT KNOWS TO MUCH

I know early Zuma levels get harder if you progress in the game. I don't know if the same applies to Iron Frog. Chain bonuses help to finish the level quicker and gap bonuses even more so, use them. Press the PS button to freeze the game and allow yourself some time to think about your next move. 

Just now, Midnightwards666 said:

I know early Zuma levels get harder if you progress in the game. I don't know if the same applies to Iron Frog. Chain bonuses help to finish the level quicker and gap bonuses even more so, use them. Press the PS button to freeze the game and allow yourself some time to think about your next move. 

My issue is idk why but ive gotten 70-120 mixups and its just impossible sometimes to finish the levels.

Especially level 6 where its about speed and you can't be speedy if you get too many mixups.

I started wondering if its because I got 180-189 medals and beat the story before iron mode or what because its much much harder than ever before to beat this mode.

I understand its hard its iron frog, but man the mixups are staggering. Considering I did this on xbox 360 and it was a Breeze I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong, if my skill got this much worse, if it has more mixups based on skill during campaign, if the game learns as you play, if medals are a factor, if I should restart the game and try again, if I restart the game would it learn after one game or two, if I need to make a cloudsave after unlocking the game mode and restore it every time, if I need to purposefully suck at the campaign avoiding speed medals or any medals as it may determine difficulty, or maybe its the amount of time played, or maybe its the amount of levels played, or skill, or whatever 

See why this can be a freaking headache.

I dont know how the game learns if it learns at all or why I'm cursed with so many mixups rendering this challenge near impossible.

Any information on this game would be nice, I have no clue what to do at this point its just insanely hard for no reason atm.

There's nothing confirming that Iron Frog mode gets tougher after earning most of the medals. I got my trophy for earning 180 medals before beating Iron Frog and I don't remember having much trouble. It's definitely possible.

48 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

There's nothing confirming that Iron Frog mode gets tougher after earning most of the medals. I got my trophy for earning 180 medals before beating Iron Frog and I don't remember having much trouble. It's definitely possible.

Might just be rng luck with mixups (which sucks) because if you get 70 mixups its hard to keep back the line.

I may try the best I can to beat it as it is and if not maybe try redoing my save file.

Its just level 6 and 9 that get so brutal if you get bad luck and I spent 45 hours trying so far.

This game can be truly unforgiving haha

1 hour ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Were you pausing to give yourself more time?

I've done that yes, it makes no difference when you have 50 mix-ups in the front and 70 more spawning with few chains.

It just gives me an unbelievable amount of chains making even level 7 (which is suppose to be a break level) absolutely impossible and will end your run with bad rng.

Given the fact there's 10 consecutive levels the mix-ups had me question if the game is throwing them at me because I'm half decent at the game and played too much or whatever .

I've done this mode before on Xbox and when I did it I never had any issues, but I'm not getting chains to where the whole level is manageable I'm spending more time MAKING mix-ups into chains which takes more time and less combos (including gap bonus and fruit too) and I'll still have a long ass mixup line after a Zuma panicking to stop the line with no powerups or slowdowns because I have to add my own chains bringing the line closet and closer until the end and die just to fucking say great another 15 mins to back to this level where rng can literally just screw me over at the last second.

No idea why they are giving so many mix-ups but it's really awful.

http://imgur.com/rB7TwJb

Here's an example of the mixups. 

After a Zuma powering down theine as much as I can I get yellow and purple with no moved left other than maybe shooting downright over the tunnel hoping to get blue but by that time I would have died anyways.

The issue is the amount of mix-ups are insane and I just can't add crazy ass chains from nowhere and somehow manage to pull back the line.

I mean good grief I had like maybe 5 chain opportunities or 3 I could reach in time (not the right color) with no powerups and I was boxed in with mixups and bad rng.

This happens every fucking time btw 

Just trying to figure out wtf to do 

Edited by NekoRave

It would be a pain to restart indeed, although it may be an unfortunate last resort. That's indeed not a fantastic pattern, although with yellow or blue you could aim to get rid of a lot of blues, I can see a chain of yellows and blues in that picture. What medals have you not earned? I can try earning all others and giving this mode a test, assuming you're on PS3. 

2 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

It would be a pain to restart indeed, although it may be an unfortunate last resort. That's indeed not a fantastic pattern, although with yellow or blue you could aim to get rid of a lot of blues, I can see a chain of yellows and blues in that picture. What medals have you not earned? I can try earning all others and giving this mode a test, assuming you're on PS3. 

I couldn't get a blue because I had purple and yellow meaning if I shot any it would have ended the game. It was already too late and the rng God's blessed me with colors I couldn't use to quickly push back the line.

(Like if I had one blue I would have been able to save a second or two but I don't think it would have changed the outcome) 

I have 180-189 medals.

I just don't know if the games easier or not if you beat world 4 and start iron mode right away vs earning medals and getting a the adventure mode done to max spirit animals.

My theory is the game might be easier if you jump straight into iron mode once it unlocks.

I just don't want to delete my save and start to go through 4 world's and have less upgrades only to have the same amount of mix-ups.

If it has more chains and less mixups I'd gladly delete my profile haha

2 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Let me know which medals you haven't got, I will earn all others and give it a test. 

Basically every single level in world 6-6 I didn't do time runs only high score.i had everything else done

So the only medals you missed were the time limits in all Stage 6 levels except 6-6? Correct?

My list of missed medals:

5-9 time limit (2 seconds off)

5-10 high score

6-4 time limit

6-5 time limit

6-7 high score (1.5k points off)

6-8 time limit

6-9 time limit

6-10 time limit

I have 181/189 medals. I don't remember why I got an extra one medal than what's required for the trophy. 

26 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

So the only medals you missed were the time limits in all Stage 6 levels except 6-6? Correct?

My list of missed medals:

5-9 time limit (2 seconds off)

5-10 high score

6-4 time limit

6-5 time limit

6-7 high score (1.5k points off)

6-8 time limit

6-9 time limit

6-10 time limit

I have 181/189 medals. I don't remember why I got an extra one medal than what's required for the trophy. 

Correct, I think I was missing 5-9 and 5-10 time crap as well but our medals are almost identical

(Currently idling a game for 8 hours can't go into specifics but I have a very similar list)

Edited by NekoRave

Alright, I just tested it. I have all the medals you earned, plus 3 extra. I don't remember this trophy well so I don't know whether it was tougher than before... I can say it's tough, but definitely not impossible. I reached level 9 and only died because I played like an absolute idiot... I misfired many balls, messed up combos which would've really helped, couldn't recover and the consequence was fatal. To make things easiest, you really just have to abuse the PS button, then the game becomes a question of strategy and planning rather than speed.

Get a big chain bonus early in the level - chain bonuses are the key to progressing to the Zuma stage as quickly as possible. Combos are what you need to keep the balls from reaching the end. 

I have a video of me playing Level 6.. I messed up the chain bonus early which delayed the Zuma stage, and I misfired several shots later... my overall performance was pretty bad... but I still succeeded! I just carefully planned my combos, and paused between almost every move. It's tedious, but it may be the only way and it makes things easier.

In Level 9, the position of the board is disgusting, but one advantage is that if a ball is no use, you can just throw it down to the bottom of the screen. Combos are extremely important. 

3 hours ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Alright, I just tested it. I have all the medals you earned, plus 3 extra. I don't remember this trophy well so I don't know whether it was tougher than before... I can say it's tough, but definitely not impossible. I reached level 9 and only died because I played like an absolute idiot... I misfired many balls, messed up combos which would've really helped, couldn't recover and the consequence was fatal. To make things easiest, you really just have to abuse the PS button, then the game becomes a question of strategy and planning rather than speed.

Get a big chain bonus early in the level - chain bonuses are the key to progressing to the Zuma stage as quickly as possible. Combos are what you need to keep the balls from reaching the end. 

I have a video of me playing Level 6.. I messed up the chain bonus early which delayed the Zuma stage, and I misfired several shots later... my overall performance was pretty bad... but I still succeeded! I just carefully planned my combos, and paused between almost every move. It's tedious, but it may be the only way and it makes things easier.

In Level 9, the position of the board is disgusting, but one advantage is that if a ball is no use, you can just throw it down to the bottom of the screen. Combos are extremely important. 

Yeah level 6 is hit and miss for me, I saw in your video so many early chain opportunities which is great! I just need to get a chain opportunity without so many mixups.

Its very doable its just nerve wrecking as well past 6. I made so many mistakes past 7 when I attempted this before I made the thread.

I never used the ps home button as much as you did so maybe abusing that function often is key to winning. I really tbh used instinct and hoped for the best.

6 imo is the hardest since you can't throw away anything, and what's interesting is in all the videos ive seen people play, not many (threw away) balls so I dont know if they are just insanely good or if its better to not waste anything.

I'll keep trying, your video will help me greatly. I just hope luck and rng is on my side when I attempt this.

IF ONLY I COULD PLAY THIS LEVEL IN PRACTICE MODE ARGHH

I am just hoping I can pull it off, and add this game to my 100% collection again.

Btw have you done the original Zuma? I heard on psn its easier than xbox (but still insanely tough). That game if you play 3 levels it will make the early levels harder. Not sure if its a doable game with gauntlet mode and adventure. What's your opinion on that?

Edited by NekoRave

Yes I have played the original Zuma. The difficulty is around the same, but the challenges are very different. Adventure is much harder, Gauntlet has a few tricky levels, but there's no Iron Frog. Some think the trophy for completing a level in 8 seconds is hardest... but if you delete saves, it becomes easier. It will take luck and a lot of attempts... although I did it in 5 seconds once. 

16 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Yes I have played the original Zuma. The difficulty is around the same, but the challenges are very different. Adventure is much harder, Gauntlet has a few tricky levels, but there's no Iron Frog. Some think the trophy for completing a level in 8 seconds is hardest... but if you delete saves, it becomes easier. It will take luck and a lot of attempts... although I did it in 5 seconds once. 

I already got the 8 seconds trophy actually hahaha.

So maybe I can pull off Zuma and Zuma's Revenge if the difficulty is around the same!

Died at the last tail of level 10.

Spamming ps button helps.... But man rng 10 levels in a row is so freaking ridiculous.

I'm able to do it I just died on 6 again.

This game is so discouraging sometimes.

I'm tilted it seems I'm dying at level 1 now.

Just gut wrenching to lose to close at the end

Edited by NekoRave