Grip Trophy Thoughts

kksligh

I think that players are in multiplayer (I hope you can do it in split screen) and opponents are CPU.

Don't let the straightforwardness of the list deceive you, it will be a absurd grind. To run 10000 laps will be easily a 100 hours + task and destroying 1500 opponents potentially can take even longer. 

Edit: Just saw a leaderboard with the world records from the PC version, the fastest track has a record of 18.9 seconds. If we can do it consistently at 20 seconds (doubt it), 55 hours minimum. Long, but way less than I first expected.

Edited by ElBolovo

Man, the list is fine, but wtf is up with these grindy ass trophies? 10,000 laps taking a minimum of 55 hours is just stupid. Who even knows how long 1500 kills will take. 

Frickin Omen of Sorrow just did the same thing with a damn "play for 100 hours" trophy. Come on!

Devs, make your lists FUN, not GRINDS!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

How do you get the finish first in a race. I have won over 10 races but no trophy. Or is there a specific gamemode for it?

I'm also having this issue, yet I watched someone on YouTube play yesterday and they unlocked that trophy & win 3 races in a row in the first part of career?? 

I wrote on their twitter about the problem. Hope they will reply. 

There is also giant bug in campaign. If you finish 1st in the first race of tournament than in the rest of the races you will be placed at the end at the same position. So if you win 1st race than just finish rest of them on any position and it will show 1st at the summary.... 

For a game that was so long in early access those are pretty big bugs... 

Edited by Patrickosan

4 hours ago, JesteR1701one said:

For the race trophy to unlock you have to finish a race in race mode. Ulimate race or anyelse wont count.

This doesn't work either. 

And Twisted (double somersault) seems glitched as well. There is an arena map where you can drop down from the ceiling and you have enough time to pull it of but it won't unlock

It seems patch 1.02 is the problem. I deleted the game and reinstalled it without 1.02 and the trophies unlocked no problem
I even got win 3 in a row at the same  time as win once. Seems the savegame remembers how many races you won before hand. So it unlocked both trophies at the same time. Well the win 3 in a row popped a few seconds earlier than win 1 race.

So you could even get the win 6 in a row at the same time if you won 5 races on patch 1.02 and then go back to version 1.00 and win 1 race.

Sadly this doesn't work on the digital version because you can't delete the patch

5 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

It seems patch 1.02 is the problem. I deleted the game and reinstalled it without 1.02 and the trophies unlocked no problem
I even got win 3 in a row at the same  time as win once. Seems the savegame remembers how many races you won before hand. So it unlocked both trophies at the same time. Well the win 3 in a row popped a few seconds earlier than win 1 race.

So you could even get the win 6 in a row at the same time if you won 5 races on patch 1.02 and then go back to version 1.00 and win 1 race.

Sadly this doesn't work on the digital version because you can't delete the patch

Yes you are correct. I won like 24 races and trophies never popped. Also did a 20 lap race and trophy does not pop. I reinstalled the game without the patch and those trophies popped. 

But like the 100 laps trophy does not pop regardless of the patch. I checky my stats and have way over 100 laps.

Devs said on discord channel that they working on fix, so we just have to wait. I really hope that progress we made right now will count when patch comes out.

I'm currently doing 1500 kills in arena, so it would really bust my nuts if we would have to do it again, but I hope it won't happen...

Oh, and the last levels of carkour on nightmare difficulty are almost impossible with the physics in console version. Console version has older physics and because of that, car behaves in total randomness. For example it will turn itself, flip up, flip down, rotate oposite, and etc. You will understand what I mean when you will try them... I hope they will fix it too...

I did it today, it took almost half a day of repeat one stage (Half Loops)... My god, RNG is just on another level here and has nothing to do with skill right now.

• Like 1

This must be some sort of record for glitched trophies. For me these are glitched: 20 lap race, 100 laps (likely 2500 and 10000 laps as well), 1st win, 1st three races in a row, 1st six races in a row, Average 700kph+, Mach 1, Double-somersault.

There are some really major bugs in the game. I've not seen anyone else saying this, but I'm getting really inconsistent load times; loads can take a few seconds or a few minutes. AI "catchup-assist" is absolutely broken, this is probably the worst I've ever seen of rubber-banding. No matter how well you drive, even using world record racing lines, AI will always catch you and with higher difficulties, you are pretty much guaranteed to get destroyed in normal races and have to wait 10 seconds for a respawn. First three events of the last tier were a nightmare. It's also really bad on easy and will make you question whether you want to continue playing or not. You can luckily proceed in the lower campaign tiers by just finishing somewhere in the middle of the pack.

There are some random situations when you're driving on a flat surface and out of nowhere there seems to be a small hitch with the surface and then you find yourself flying in the air. Game psysics are super floaty so any non-wanted air time can wreck a close race. Agoraphobia track is a prime example of this. AI can give you just a very small nudge and you're off the track immediately. Weapons are also broken. Basically sending off a missile anywhere else than on a completely flat ground will likely end up you getting damaged by your own missile.

There are also other problems like non-functioning leaderboards, terrible UX design, dropped framerates, broken online games, uninspired track design, broken customization and so on. And yet, despite all these flaws, at its core, it's a really good arcade racing game. I wish developers stopped screwing up potentially really good racing games. There's a real lack of those right now. I guess we'll just wait for patches and hope at least some of these will be fixed.

I finished the campain. No trophy. I made a backup before doing the last race. Deleted patch, loaded backup and finished campain again, no trophy either. Stupid broken game.l

Update: Got the trophy. By completing the campain they mean finish all events so you cant skip the last 3 tournaments in tier 11.

Edited by JesteR1701one
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that the 1.02 patch breaks the 2500 lap trophy. After getting more than 2500 laps across all courses without a ding, I deleted the patch and went back to stock 1.00. I then did another race and finally dinged the 2500 lap trophy.

So, thankfully it retains the stats and simply needs another race.

Oddly though, during my campaign runs, it seems you can come in any place at the end of each tournament and still progress through the tiers, except for tier 11, you must come first for each tournament.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goldfire said:

I can confirm that the 1.02 patch breaks the 2500 lap trophy. After getting more than 2500 laps across all courses without a ding, I deleted the patch and went back to stock 1.00. I then did another race and finally dinged the 2500 lap trophy.

So, thankfully it retains the stats and simply needs another race.

Oddly though, during my campaign runs, it seems you can come in any place at the end of each tournament and still progress through the tiers, except for tier 11, you must come first for each tournament.

So if you play with the un-patched game are all the trophies achievable? I am really wanting to get this game but the glitches are making me hold back. Love Combat racing.

4 hours ago, Therainbowf1sh said:

So if you play with the un-patched game are all the trophies achievable? I am really wanting to get this game but the glitches are making me hold back. Love Combat racing.

That is correct. Simply don't let it patch up and you'll be good to go.

Although there are some differences in tracks and even race types between 1.00 and 1.02. For example, one of the tournaments in tier 11 on 1.00 is a standard race whereas on 1.02, it's an elimination race.

Also, one of the Carkour maps, called Jobsite, will have game breaking problems when playing on 1.00. A collectable doesn't show and half the map border is missing so you can't complete it. Patch up to 1.02, complete Jobsite, then delete the patch.

I have a love-hate relationship with this game. I played hundreds of hours of Rollcage back in the day (and still sometimes in the recent years) and I still feel that vibe of playing Rollcage when playing Grip - but the sheer amount of problems with the patch and the high grindy requirements for the trophies sorta push me away from it.