Grip Trophy Thoughts

kksligh

4 hours ago, JesteR1701one said:

Yeah well I deleted the patch and the 100 laps trophy never popped with it. 

That's interesting. I didn't have the issue of dinging the X laps trophies after removing the patch.

I did have to do another race for it to register though.

That said, the game is a bit of a mess and your mileage may vary, so it might be best to either do it all in 1.00 or wait until something after 1.02 has been released to address all of the issues. The PC version just received quite a large update in regards to rubberbanding on the AI, which is a positive start.

True but the devs are not even working on the PS4 version patches. I emailed them and got this reply:

The PS4 will be getting various patches, the next one being for trophies.  Unfortunately I can't give you date, as we don't handle more than the PC version here at Caged Element 

Apologies for the issue!

On 28/11/2018 at 11:51 PM, JesteR1701one said:

True but the devs are not even working on the PS4 version patches. I emailed them and got this reply:

The PS4 will be getting various patches, the next one being for trophies.  Unfortunately I can't give you date, as we don't handle more than the PC version here at Caged Element 

Apologies for the issue!

I'm only going by what has been said on their official Discord channel. The developers on there have acknowledged the issues and are apparently working on updates for the PS4 version.

Can only really sit and wait to be honest. In the meantime though, like I mentioned, it's probably best to stick with 1.00 for the sole intention of trophies (update to 1.02 for the Jobsite Carkour though)

Edit: According to their Discord, an update has been released today (1/12/18) to address the trophies not dinging. I haven't had a chance to test it out, but it should be fine to update now. They also mentioned that the next patch will include lobby fixes and further patches will include more bug fixes and optimisations.

Edited by Goldfire

Patch 1.3

-  Drove way over 100 laps, still no trophy popping.

- I killed over 500 opponents on patch 1.2, killed 10 more with 1.3 to see if it would register but trophy did no pop.

- The 700 km/h average speed trophy did pop.

It's still buggy and i am getting sick of it.

Edited by JesteR1701one

9 minutes ago, JesteR1701one said:

Patch 1.3

- I killed over 500 opponents on patch 1.2, killed 10 more with 1.3 to see if it would register but trophy did no pop.

It looks like they only fixed the rubber banding. (or I'm just a bit better now) I played a few races and never had them all in close proximity. Or that they all pass me in the final corner

Update: I deleted my save file, did a 100 laps time trail on speedbowl and now the 100 laps trophy unlocked.

Took me 45 minutes for the 100 laps. That means it will take about 75 hours to get the 10.000 laps trophy. I tried to use a rubberband to let it drive itself but that does not really work. Car goes off the track a lot and sometimes it crashes into the pillars and then goes the wrong way.

6 hours ago, JesteR1701one said:

Patch 1.3

Thank you for taking the time to test, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have any luck with it though.

It might just be worthwhile waiting for the next patch... This information was posted by the devs shortly after the patch released for the consoles:

[UPDATE 30/11/18 the achievement patch is now live! however we've seen it's not unlocked trophies for actions you've already done on PS4 so you will need to redo those tasks. We will look at including a fix in the next update for those who don't want to redo!)

6 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

It looks like they only fixed the rubber banding. (or I'm just a bit better now) I played a few races and never had them all in close proximity. Or that they all pass me in the final corner

There was no mention about fixing rubberbanding in the patch (unless I overlooked something), I think you're getting better. As much as I hate the rubberbanding, it's quite simple to place first in races... Stay midpack until near the end of the race with a charged up Ram Raider, it'll teleport you ahead and most times straight to first position. That has worked quite consistently for me.

5 hours ago, JesteR1701one said:

Update: I deleted my save file, did a 100 laps time trail on speedbowl and now the 100 laps trophy unlocked.

Took me 45 minutes for the 100 laps. That means it will take about 75 hours to get the 10.000 laps trophy. I tried to use a rubberband to let it drive itself but that does not really work. Car goes off the track a lot and sometimes it crashes into the pillars and then goes the wrong way.

I didn't attempt to use Time Trial for laps. Originally, I did the laps on Speed Demon Speedbowl with 1.02 installed, when I cleared more than 100 laps I didn't get a ding. 

I removed the patch and went back to 1.00, did one more lap and all the previous laps registered for the 100 laps trophy.

Maybe attempt to use something like Speed Demon?

I didn't patch up for any trophy after that (other than the Jobsite Carkour) and I've effectively been running 1.00 the entire time as I'm too reluctant to update again in fear of the trophies breaking.

It took me about 15hrs to finish the Campaign and Carkour challenges. My current game time is around 140hrs which has been purely arena and laps - I did mix the laps up and do tracks other than the Speedbowl for a little bit of variety. I've found that the Basin Arena is best for getting kills, I averaged 150 kills per hour when using the damage boost found in the corner of the map.

I hope to have the 10,000 lap trophy and the platinum today so I can put this one to rest for a while...

1 hour ago, Goldfire said:

Thank you for taking the time to test, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have any luck with it though.

It might just be worthwhile waiting for the next patch... This information was posted by the devs shortly after the patch released for the consoles:

There was no mention about fixing rubberbanding in the patch (unless I overlooked something), I think you're getting better. As much as I hate the rubberbanding, it's quite simple to place first in races... Stay midpack until near the end of the race with a charged up Ram Raider, it'll teleport you ahead and most times straight to first position. That has worked quite consistently for me.

I didn't attempt to use Time Trial for laps. Originally, I did the laps on Speed Demon Speedbowl with 1.02 installed, when I cleared more than 100 laps I didn't get a ding. 

I removed the patch and went back to 1.00, did one more lap and all the previous laps registered for the 100 laps trophy.

Maybe attempt to use something like Speed Demon?

I didn't patch up for any trophy after that (other than the Jobsite Carkour) and I've effectively been running 1.00 the entire time as I'm too reluctant to update again in fear of the trophies breaking.

It took me about 15hrs to finish the Campaign and Carkour challenges. My current game time is around 140hrs which has been purely arena and laps - I did mix the laps up and do tracks other than the Speedbowl for a little bit of variety. I've found that the Basin Arena is best for getting kills, I averaged 150 kills per hour when using the damage boost found in the corner of the map.

I hope to have the 10,000 lap trophy and the platinum today so I can put this one to rest for a while...

Well, this game is a marathon and you pretty much just won it lol. As for me,I did little to no grinding over fear of busted trophies. At least the current patch counts laps as intended (just did 100 laps time trail, laps are counting correctly on current patch). I'll get this done closer to Christmas or new year.

BTW, why Speedbowl over Constructed Chaos?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GeekTrophies1337 said:

Well, this game is a marathon and you pretty much just won it lol. As for me,I did little to no grinding over fear of busted trophies. At least the current patch counts laps as intended (just did 100 laps time trail, laps are counting correctly on current patch). I'll get this done closer to Christmas or new year.

BTW, why Speedbowl over Constructed Chaos?

To be honest, I don't feel a sense of accomplishment, heh.

It's good to hear that they're counting for you at least.

I chose Speedbowl because it requires very little attention, I put on movies or TV shows as I'm playing it. After 100+ hrs of grinding, I'm pretty braindead and don't think I'd have the concentration to do a complex-ish track like Constructed Chaos.

22 minutes ago, Goldfire said:

To be honest, I don't feel a sense of accomplishment, heh.

It's good to hear that they're counting for you at least.

I chose Speedbowl because it requires very little attention, I put on movies or TV shows as I'm playing it. After 100+ hrs of grinding, I'm pretty braindead and don't think I'd have the concentration to do a complex-ish track like Constructed Chaos.

No sense of accomplishment here either. I had none after completing the campaign or the carkour courses a few weeks ago. Maybe grinding out the 10,000 alps will at least make for a suitable 1,000th trophy ( currently at 998). Just did another 100 laps of Constructed Chaos, this gets tiring quick. Maybe everyone should stick to Speedbowl.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GeekTrophies1337 said:

No sense of accomplishment here either. I had none after completing the campaign or the carkour courses a few weeks ago. Maybe grinding out the 10,000 alps will at least make for a suitable 1,000th trophy ( currently at 998). Just did another 100 laps of Constructed Chaos, this gets tiring quick. Maybe everyone should stick to Speedbowl.

Yea, definitely stick to Speedbowl. I finally knocked this platinum out. Took about 144hrs in total. If they do release DLC, hopefully the requirements aren't as insane.

• Like 1

Patch 1.00 must have different weapon damage or something as there's no way to get 150 kills in an hour on current patch (1.2.9.5). I tested out in split screen that double homing missiles with the purple damage boost is the best damage you can do. By just staying in the corner beside the tree with the damage boost and constantly spamming high damage upgraded weapons, prioritizing cars already in fire, I can barely hit 50 kills in a 30 minute Basin deathmatch. ~90 kills in an hour is more realistic on the current patch.

There have been some talks about decreasing the requirements in the discord so hopefully those will happen eventually. I don't think I'll ever complete 10k laps trophy otherwise. Also, stolen victory seems to be still glitched for me.

8 hours ago, Synophis said:

Patch 1.00 must have different weapon damage or something as there's no way to get 150 kills in an hour on current patch (1.2.9.5). I tested out in split screen that double homing missiles with the purple damage boost is the best damage you can do. By just staying in the corner beside the tree with the damage boost and constantly spamming high damage upgraded weapons, prioritizing cars already in fire, I can barely hit 50 kills in a 30 minute Basin deathmatch. ~90 kills in an hour is more realistic on the current patch.

There have been some talks about decreasing the requirements in the discord so hopefully those will happen eventually. I don't think I'll ever complete 10k laps trophy otherwise. Also, stolen victory seems to be still glitched for me.

I didn't test with 1.02 (or 1.03), but on Basin, I played against 10 bots on easy difficulty/wild speed and basically just did a small loop in that corner with the purple damage booster and the three weapon pickups. I fired the Hydra's and Missiles to the left or the right of the large tree at the opponents and scored multiple kills.

If I had a minigun or the spearhead(?), I used that on anyone that was on fire and close. I didn't charge any weapon up because the damage booster on weapons like the Hydra or Missile almost always one hit the opponents. Thankfully, the damage booster doesn't have a cooldown and can be picked up straight away after the effect has worn off. The bots don't really collect it either.

I set the match time to 20 minutes and the kills to 50, I used that as a benchmark to get the 150 kills per hour because it's easier to work out. Results will be varied of course, sometimes I hit 50 kills at the 17mins mark, other times I had 45 kills at the end of gametime. I found that picking up the shield many times hampered my results - but that's RNG for you.

I'm going to take a prolonged break from GRIP, but if you need a visual guide, I can patch it up and see if this method still works and upload a video to YouTube for you.

I just finished off the 1500 kills and during the whole grind, I didn't manage to get even one lucky run where I managed to get 50 kills in 20 minutes. Hitting 50 kills in 30 minutes did become easier over time so it's more like 100+ in an hour, also taking into account multiple minute load times. So if you are able to revert to launch patch, you'll likely have a bit easier time. For reference, in a ~30 minute arena match, I got around 10-12k score and 4-5k damage dealt.

8 hours ago, Mightyboom1 said:

How did you guys do the bullet trophy (avg 700kmph+ in a race) i have been trying on speedbowl, speed demon and wild power with the fastest max speed car.

any tips?

I used the Spectre XL. I recall sticking to using normal turbo's, not charged ones. I then kept to the bottom part of Speedbowl to hit all of the speed pads. I alternated between using the normal turbo and the nitro (triangle button). I made sure to also hit as many speed pads as I could.

It was also important to do it over five laps instead of one or two. It was much easier to average the speed out.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Just a heads up.
You only need  to drive 1.000 laps instead of 10.000

And you only need to kill 250 opponents instead of 1500

It is not changed on this site yet but there was an update today (1.05) that fixed some stuff and lowered the amount of laps and kills needed.

New patch should be live, might buy this game now, it's cheap on the PSN Store

https://www.wiredproductions.com/blogs/news/grip-combat-racings-big-ass-update

Can't unlock Stolen victory even after the patch. Just to be sure I deleted my game save, reinstalled the game and did the requirement in a couple of the first campaign races. Anyone know if there's a restriction on what kind of race you need to do it on? I did it on a classic race and on a speed demon.

Lap trophies worked pretty well. I had a save with 9xx laps done and once I hit 1000, I unlocked both 250 and 1000. So at least there's some logic for unlocking stuff retroactively.

11 hours ago, Synophis said:

Can't unlock Stolen victory even after the patch. Just to be sure I deleted my game save, reinstalled the game and did the requirement in a couple of the first campaign races. Anyone know if there's a restriction on what kind of race you need to do it on? I did it on a classic race and on a speed demon.

Lap trophies worked pretty well. I had a save with 9xx laps done and once I hit 1000, I unlocked both 250 and 1000. So at least there's some logic for unlocking stuff retroactively.

Good to know about the retroactive trophies, at least that's something. Has the game improved much since launch? I heard the AI was pretty intense. The reason I ask is, it's pretty cheap on the PSN Store at the moment, and was thinking of grabbing it.

13 hours ago, Synophis said:

I think you can do it in spitscreen. I did it in a private match with someone on my friendlist and we just drove almost at the same speed to the finish and the one that needed the trophy just used boost when almost at the finish line 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea how to unlock Serpent’s kiss? Tired so many times and it does not seem to unlock, maybe I am doing it wrong, what I understand is that they want me to hit a vehicle with all small green missiles in one hit right? 

• 4 weeks later...