What level drove you crazy?

Wade_VC

Just as the title states, which level on Drakes Fortune gave you the most difficulty, either overall or on a specific difficulty setting.

For me it was the following:

Hard difficulty

Chapter 4, The Plane Wrecked

Man, this level drove me out of my friggin' mind. I thought I was done with the game after trying this for literally hours. I think it took me 3 hours to finally pass this level.

Chapter 12, Heading Upriver

All I can say is thank God these stupid jet-ski's did not make an appearance in Uncharted 2 as I found them to be so annoying! Not only was just trying to maneuver them a pain, but also trying to maneuver and shoot the goons proved to be a lesson in futility. This level actually pissed me off, I was getting so frustrated with it.

Crushing difficulty

Chapter 11, Trapped

After having so much problems with Chapter 4 on hard difficulty, I thought for sure it would be a nightmare on Crushing, but not so. Of all chapters on Crushing, it was Chapter 11, Trapped that proved to be the biggest hurdle for me.

Chapter 13, Sanctuary?

This to me this particular chapter took some doing to finally complete as well. The snipers were just wicked-good and took me out more than once.

How about yourself, which chapters/levels did you find the most challenging?

• Like 1

Chapter 4, The Plane Wrecked

Man, this level drove me out of my friggin' mind. I thought I was done with the game after trying this for literally hours. I think it took me 3 hours to finally pass this level.

Chapter 12, Heading Upriver

All I can say is thank God these stupid jet-ski's did not make an appearance in Uncharted 2 as I found them to be so annoying! Not only was just trying to maneuver them a pain, but also trying to maneuver and shoot the goons proved to be a lesson in futility. This level actually pissed me off, I was getting so frustrated with it.

Chapter 11, Trapped

After having so much problems with Chapter 4 on hard difficulty, I thought for sure it would be a nightmare on Crushing, but not so. Of all chapters on Crushing, it was Chapter 11, Trapped that proved to be the biggest hurdle for me.

I would say these three are my choices as well. Except that I found these difficult on pretty much all the difficulties.

Chapter 4 just because of the sheer numbers in some areas. The one part where you climb the robe down out of the plane, they just keep coming and coming and coming and coming from every angle. If you find a good place to hide for a second and collect your thoughts, they swarm you and your forced to melee... which pretty much means all the enemies you aren't meleeing gun you down immediately. This part takes pretty much pin-point accuracy and just headshotting as many guys as possible before they get to you.

Chapter 12, the jet-ski's... my god. It's basically just tapping the accelerate button as you slowly creep into new areas then going into a complete panic when guys start shooting at you. Half of the time they're guys that are barely noticeable in the buildings, hiding behind the moss and pillars sitting around. So you panic, try and get yourself into a safe spot (most likely dying in the process) then slowly creeping back out... rinse and repeat... until you find out exactly where they are and killing them. And this goes on for a while.

Chapter 11 is tough until you learn exactly where guys come from, when they come out, what guys are the biggest threats (the ones that kill you in one shot) and the best places to hide. Once you know that things get a bit easier. Before you learn that though, this Chapter is one I dreaded every playthrough.

I'll just add to this list, the flooded room in Chapter 5 (I think). Spent way too much time in there. Another situation where no cover is ever good enough because if you spend too much time (seconds) behind one cover, eventually someones going to swarm you and make you easy pickin's for everyone else.

I can't remember which chapter it was in, but I had tons of trouble on Hard difficulty in the huge blue room with the water. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune has many exploits which make the game easier and I didn't discover the "blue room" exploit until Crushing. The only other parts I had trouble in with were the two courtyard battles, especially the one near the end--again, I can't remember the specific chapters.

Chapter 4 and there was another which I cannot remember. I played this game a long time ago and then I never touched it again, I plan on once I can find a non greatest hits copy in mint condition to add to my collection B)

EDIT: I remember now......THE DAMN CHURCH :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was actually dreading getting to the blue room on Crushing, after it taking a serious amount of patience on Hard. I got so lucky and did it first time, couldn't believe it! Didn't realise there was a glitch for it either, which I'm glad now because I'd probably have been tempted to use it without having a go first.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The final church battle was not that hard when during the second wave I went outside the church. As for the final boss battle was a piece of cake when i find out that you could go back after part 1 of the battle.

Have to give thanks to finalaeon on youtube their playthrough got me through crushing :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a harder time on Hard than Crushing, but that may have been because I decided to Platinum it and it was my first time going through it in 3 years. Chapter 11 and Chapter 20 were my hardest on Hard and Chapter 11 was slightly a pain for me on Crushing until I remembered the Dragonov and the hiding spot behind the staircase.

After that, everything was a relative breeze all things considered and I had no problem completing it on Crushing in less than a day.

The Showdown was very easy due to the strategy I learned on hard difficulty, finished that in maybe 70-90 seconds, most of which was waiting for Navarro to stop shooting.

• 3 months later...

just passed hard, i think they did the jet ski part (tiwce) just to show how good they could do water, which was a big deal in 07 when the game 1st come out :D

kind glad they did it tho, i was habing trouble with the camera controls (was used to reversed) til i passed the 2nd jet ski level.

• 1 month later...

I had a harder time on Hard than Crushing, but that may have been because I decided to Platinum it and it was my first time going through it in 3 years. Chapter 11 and Chapter 20 were my hardest on Hard and Chapter 11 was slightly a pain for me on Crushing until I remembered the Dragonov and the hiding spot behind the staircase.

After that, everything was a relative breeze all things considered and I had no problem completing it on Crushing in less than a day.

The Showdown was very easy due to the strategy I learned on hard difficulty, finished that in maybe 70-90 seconds, most of which was waiting for Navarro to stop shooting.

Care to share?