What level drove you crazy?

Wade_VC

By corner-shoot do you mean just fire your gun over the boxes? 

Not really boxes, more like walls, things that cover your entire body, instead of pressing  :circle: to take cover, just stand there and aim at the enemy, you'll be able to shoot them but they won't be able to shoot you.  :)

• Like 1

Not really boxes, more like walls, things that cover your entire body, instead of pressing  :circle: to take cover, just stand there and aim at the enemy, you'll be able to shoot them but they won't be able to shoot you.  :)

Ah, I know what you mean now, but didn't realize you could do it that level. Quick Google search yielded some answers. I had no clue you could stand there and shoot. Thanks!

hIFw0uk.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Somehow, I managed to complete the Flooded Room on Crushing on my 2nd go... surprising since it took me at least 8 on my 'Hard' playthrough. I had full ammo for my guns and gradually edged around the outside of the room. It was stressful as heck, but so glad I was able to do it the legit way haha.

For some reason, the first shootout in Chapter 4 took me ages on Crushing... probably because I was still getting used to enemy behaviours? Or maybe because it's so open and you keep getting swarmed?

Anyway, I'm currently up to 'Trapped' on my Crushing playthrough. I know exactly what I'm trying to do but I keep dying right as I'm taking out the last dude and the enemies come from behind you (i.e. you need to get to the turret). Must have done it at least 10 times already... it's not really that bad, it's just about being careful and positioning yourself appropriately. Just did it 2nd go today. Got the sniper rifle behind the stairs, sniped the shotgun guy, the guy at the top and the turret guy. Sprinted forwards to the brick/cover with the M4 and grenades. Grenade killed a few guys on the left. Ran to the right and run-and-gunned the guy waiting. Shot two guys around the corner with the M4. Ran back to face towards guys to the left. M4 killed the last of them. Sprinted up the stairs to the turret and took out the new guys coming in from where you entered. Wasn't even close to dying. It's so weird how this works :P

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

Chapter 11 was the sticking point for me, otherwise it seemed easier generalyl on crushing than on hard.  more than likely as I'd had the practice in the tricky sections on hard already.

The blue room I seemed to be really lucky in on my crushing play through the shotgun guys dropped right next to me and I could melee them quickly.

• 5 months later...
The level I hated the most was Chapter 4 on ANY difficulty. While the chapter was alright to get through on the easier difficulties; once on Hard or Crushing it was a living hell. Especially the Plane section where guys were coming at both sides, wave after wave after wave.

The flooded room in the fortress was another pain in the ass for me. 

I'm playing it on Crushing right now to be honest so I can complete the game and get the platinum but for some reason this game (Out of the whole Uncharted series) seems to be the most difficult on crushing than the other 2.

A couple of suggestions.... have a lot of patience. There have been a few times where I thought I was going to break the controller in two lol.

Below is the list of the areas that drove me the most craziest on Crushing:

1. Chapter 4 - The airplane section especially the area where you climb down from the plane. The wave after wave after wave of soldiers was such a pain.

2. Chapter 5 - The Flooded Basement took me a few tries but I got it. I found out after I passed it that there's some sort of glitch that makes it so much easier?

3. Chapter 6 - The area where there is a Turret at the back on the second level, and the ground is littered with crates. It's after you unlock the door with the keys from the tower. My tip for this area is to hold down the aim (L1) while approaching the door to the courtyard and that forces the camera to change its view, giving you an angle to pick off the guys one on one. 

4. Chapter 8/9 - The Jetski part... That is all for those two chapters.

5. Chapter 11 - The beginning was a little frustrating. I jumped over the stairs before turning down them to get the sniper rifle and stayed in that corner for the first wave of enemies and then got the M4 and circled around to the turret and killed the second wave with that.

6. Chapter 13 - The Sanctuary where the damn snipers were. I swear this is one of those points in the game where a check point would come in handy. The first wave was easy but if you don't get to a good cover spot the second wave kills you. Too much time passes between waves for there to NOT be a checkpoint.

The rest seemed fairly easy on crushing believe it or not... I remember certain areas after chapter 13 being a pain on easier difficulties but this time around it wasn't so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember Crushing was definitely the most frustrating in Drake's Fortune compared to the other two which were much easier (still challenging, but definitely easier).  I recall dying a lot at the church courtyard shootout, and getting quite fed up.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Chapter 4 just because of the sheer numbers in some areas. The one part where you climb the robe down out of the plane, they just keep coming and coming and coming and coming from every angle. If you find a good place to hide for a second and collect your thoughts, they swarm you and your forced to melee... which pretty much means all the enemies you aren't meleeing gun you down immediately. This part takes pretty much pin-point accuracy and just headshotting as many guys as possible before they get to you.

I‘ve just played this part on Hard and I advise you to first place the camera at the left side where they climb down. If you don’t rotate the camera, the ones on the right won’t spawn. This game doesn’t spawn enemies ‘behind’ you if I noticed correctly.

Edited by dottomi-jp

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the game today on Normal (i usually play the games first for fun, getting a note on the story and getting comfortable with the controls, then i try to plat them) and for the love of God i was about to break my control in half on chapter 20 (Race to the rescue) in the church shootout. I damn swear Roman sends a complete battalion against Sullivan and you and it includes all: Snipers (have to bring jedi reflexes against them), heavy armored guys with SAS shotguns, guys with M-79 (God, these where the worst) and the usual heavy armored mercs with pistols and machine guns. The worst part is adjusting the "Dragon" sniper sight to take down the enemy snipers while avoiding enemy fire, enemy swarming and those cursed guys with M-79 (one good aimed shot and you are history).

Other parts that took my time where chapter 12 (trying to get in a safe spot, while watching the location of enemies shooting on you plus watching for the explosive barrels PLUS trying to get the jet ski stable and avoiding being dragged by the current) and chapter 18 (where you are in the submarine, you have to restore the electricity while defending yourself against those esque "Gollum" freaks).

• 6 months later...

The one with the jet-ski's was a f***ing nightmare on Crushing. It was supposed to be this dramatic drive down the river narrowly avoiding bullets and such but instead the difficulty forced you to timidly hide behind anything you could. Kind of broke the immersion a little bit

The one with the jet-ski's was a f***ing nightmare on Crushing. It was supposed to be this dramatic drive down the river narrowly avoiding bullets and such but instead the difficulty forced you to timidly hide behind anything you could. Kind of broke the immersion a little bit

Yeah that one was hard enough on hard so I'm not looking forward to it. :)

Oh god the level near the end in the church/ cathedral looking place with the snipers, and grenade launchers. Not only that but they come from behind later! Wtf . plus every time you're shooting they keep swaying left and right which not only looks weird but is annoying. Also they take a million shots to die :S

Also the last level on the boat is ridiculous with destructible cover plus the shotgun boss. But everything was alright. Tbh uncharted 2 and 3 became easier as the shooting mechanics became refined although uncharted 3 was actually tough too

Went from level 6 to level 13 tonight on crushing so slowly getting there. I gotta say I was really afraid for the jetski section with the regular 9mm gun. But I blazed through it in about 20 minutes. You just have to be really fast with the trigger finger. I have had a lot bigger issues with some sub sections with few enemies that attack you from multiple angles in a smaller environment.