What level drove you crazy?

Wade_VC

Now I've finally bagged the platinum. I got to say that most of the areas mentioned in here were tedious but not on an obnoxious glitchy level. If I had to choose one area that had me stumped for a while it was the subsection fighting your way to rise the gate before scaling the tower (chapter 5?). That area was tight and not too many enemies but they were placed in such way it was really hard to get them. That section had me stumped and I paused the playthrough of it because it didn't felt as fair as most of the other levels. 

As for the church stage in chapter 20. Its really easy when you get the enemy number/patterns down. Just make sure to save up some ammo for the sniper gun. When wave 2 starts backtrack out of the church and use the sniper rifle to pick off the enemies when they move towards you and Sully. 

Edited by jodokast30

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trapped on Chapter 12 for the longest time because of the jet skis! I finally manage to get up the river and what happens? I either hit a barrel I try to maneuver around or Nate gets shot from a distance (Even when Elena is still alive!) . The controls are just terrible for the segment and I'm glad that I never saw them later in the game. Not sure if I want to give it another go after waiting two years since I still have yet to do the Crushing difficulty.

Chapter 13, Sanctuary?

This to me this particular chapter took some doing to finally complete as well. The snipers were just wicked-good and took me out more than once.

This is the only chapter i remember up to now, because i had two weapons on Crushing with either low or no ammuniton :(

Had to wait for some guys walk close for my Shotgun, to kill them and grab their weapons, took a sniper rifle and while being shot by the enemy snipers and died like 1000 times :facepalm:

Edited by Evil_Joker88

• 5 months later...

Chapter 4 on crushing is kicking my ass. I'm pretty sure my bullets aren't registering half the time. Four or five swarm you at once - how are you supposed to survive that!? When playing the remastered version I don't remember feeling like my bullets should have hit but didn't. And didn't it show where your bullets fired when blind shooting? I'm pretty sure it did.

• 5 months later...

As others have said, the green room / water room / level 4 can be an asshat, but utilising the glitch and triggering enemies before you get into the water makes it a breeze.

The Church level - when you first get to the church, you can skip the entire courtyard battle by running up to the right, up the steps and behind the pillars, head right, be as fast as you can and duck into the door to trigger the next checkpoint and cut scene - no snipers :) You do have to be fast, took me about five tries on Crushing, with the only issue being Nate's need to hug walls / pillars when trying to roll out of sniper beams.

Later on, when you return to that area, deal with the guys trying to kill sully and then head to the left, back up those steps and use the pillars as cover.

For me the toughest level was the jeep, had to replay that several times - the jet-ski levels were a pain, because the enemies can hit you from a long way away, but do-able once you know where they are :) The jeep level, you just can't take your time, and with (i think) one or two exceptions taking your time wins you the level.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...