The Grand Recital Trophy [SPOILERS]

plpalo

The majority of the trophies in the game are unlocked by playing through the chapters and solving the puzzles that the game throws at you. They aren't particularly difficult and there are a lot of hints if you listen to the extra conversations provided by the visions. However, The Grand Recital, can cause some trouble as it did to me and several other player who contacted me about the trophy already so here it goes ;)

Be warned, what comes below is a major story spoiler so don't look at it until you've played through the game.

When you loop back to the tutorial section and make your way to the girls' bedroom you will again touch the wand and get access to the red ring. Note that the environment has changed this time and you can see the other characters whereas in the initial tutorial the world was dark and empty. That's an indication that you didn't really loop back and something else needs to be done here. The twist is that when you pick up the floating red ring you must not put it on your finger - this will really loop the game. Instead, put it on Julia's finger and unlock the true ending as well as The Grand Recital trophy and the Platinum.

• Like 3

The game thoroughly trained you that as soon as you pick up an item from the inventory, the target area glows. This is the only puzzle where it doesn't, unless you get really close.

IMHO a prime example of bad puzzle design. You shouldn't increase difficulty by simply breaking the established rules. Thanks again for helping, plpalo! :D

Edited by PlanetJumble
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/11/2018 at 0:08 AM, plpalo said:

When you loop back to the tutorial section and make your way to the girls' bedroom you will again touch the wand and get access to the red ring. Note that the environment has changed this time and you can see the other characters whereas in the initial tutorial the world was dark and empty. That's an indication that you didn't really loop back and something else needs to be done here. The twist is that when you pick up the floating red ring you must not put it on your finger - this will really loop the game. Instead, put it on Julia's finger and unlock the true ending as well as The Grand Recital trophy and the Platinum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M0yK3tCnzo

Can you please tell me in what minute start what u are saying? I'm not english and can't understant very well what do you mean. 

Thanks

• 3 months later...
On 11/7/2018 at 2:08 AM, plpalo said:

The majority of the trophies in the game are unlocked by playing through the chapters and solving the puzzles that the game throws at you. They aren't particularly difficult and there are a lot of hints if you listen to the extra conversations provided by the visions. However, The Grand Recital, can cause some trouble as it did to me and several other player who contacted me about the trophy already so here it goes ;)

Be warned, what comes below is a major story spoiler so don't look at it until you've played through the game.

i made a mistake and didnt put it in her finger because the video guide misled me in to enjoying the game and wrote it has 0 missable trophies.. so now i have to repeat the entire game? is there any way to go back to the last part?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hakoom said:

i made a mistake and didnt put it in her finger because the video guide misled me in to enjoying the game and wrote it has 0 missable trophies.. so now i have to repeat the entire game? is there any way to go back to the last part?

I don't remember there being a chapter select option but I might be mistaken. If there isn't you must speedrun through the game, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, plpalo said:

I don't remember there being a chapter select option but I might be mistaken. If there isn't you must speedrun through the game, unfortunately.

yes i had a backup save somewhere 40% in to the game and i went from there

but the guy who made a walkthrough video and posted it should of told us about this instead of misleading people and saying enjoy the game there are 0 missables :facepalm:

• Like 2