Tetris Effect Trophy Thoughts?

MidnightDragon

VR in the demo this past weekend was a blast. Nothing too involved but it's such a beautiful trip. 

As far as the trophies go... I doubt I'll ever get the plat strictly because of the "SS everything." With this game being so random I imagine SS rank everything will be very hard for just about the majority of the people that play this. I wish they would have lowered it to SS rank 10 or 5 stages and give us a chance. But at the same time people deserve a platinum if you can SS everything. Plat's have been getting easier to obtain lately and while I'm going to get frustrated with this one and want it bad, I'm happy this one will take nothing short of mastering this game to get the plat.

Good for the devs and congrats to all future platinum trophy owners. It'll be a very impressive one to have earned.

2 hours ago, BHK3 said:

Is there an option to reduce the effects because they completely cluttered the screen going off the trailer I watched and I cant see the playing area.

I believe there is a way to zoom the camera more towards the playing field so it won’t be as distracting but I don’t think there’s a way to reduce the effects.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mayadome said:

Looks tough which is to be expected considering Lumines, Child of Eden and Rez Infinite are all tough platinums.

Lumines didn't have a plat sadly, i would really appreciate it to have one ! 

I still did the 100% on it, but would prefer a platinum :P

• Like 1

This list isn't as crazy as I was expecting it to be. The vast majority of the trophies look rather easy to obtain, it's mostly just those SS ranks that scare me. :P I suck a Tetris, so the platinum is probably out of my league, but I'm gonna give it my best shot. I'm really excited to play the game come Friday. :D

43 minutes ago, JPageMartin36 said:

I take it we can play this even without VR? Just want to make sure.

Yup, it's fully playable without VR.

• Like 1

The demo pissed me right off with the billions of things on screen messing up my concentration. It's just too much stuff. The playing area is just a small rectangle in the middle and all around it is some dumb light show. Completely unnecessary and distracting. 

Mystery mode is a whole other level of aggravating. They even have a trophy describing it as annoying. It's the most unfair, unfun mode I've ever played. Good luck SS-ing that shit.

The rest of the list isn't too bad and I'd still actually play this despite hating the effects so much. No way I'd platinum it. No way I'd pay $40, either, though.

Edited by yowzagabowza

Really fantastic game but yeah the SS ranks will keep me from platting this. Even playing on Expert (i assume higher diff = higher score) best I could manage was "A" ranks.

Other than that the trophy list is quite easy. Might be a grind to level 100 as well. I've played 6hrs and am only level 22. But there may be modes that level you up faster than others. 

On 08/11/2018 at 2:22 AM, yowzagabowza said:

The demo pissed me right off with the billions of things on screen messing up my concentration. It's just too much stuff. The playing area is just a small rectangle in the middle and all around it is some dumb light show. Completely unnecessary and distracting. 

Mystery mode is a whole other level of aggravating. They even have a trophy describing it as annoying. It's the most unfair, unfun mode I've ever played. Good luck SS-ing that shit.

The rest of the list isn't too bad and I'd still actually play this despite hating the effects so much. No way I'd platinum it. No way I'd pay $40, either, though.

You can zoom in the play area with the left analog stick. It can zoom in far enough that it takes up almost the entire screen.

But yeah, for Tetris purests this game may be a bit of a shock as it's Tetsuya Mizuguchi from Lumines and Rez fame. I don't like Tetris, well I don't hate it but I don't go out of my way to play it, so I'm coming to this game for the synesthesia aspect and for that reason alone this game is absolutely stunning. I'm going to hook up multiple controllers and just enjoy the experience in VR.

Edited by Mayadome

7 hours ago, Mayadome said:

You can zoom in the play area with the left analog stick. It can zoom in far enough that it takes up almost the entire screen.

But yeah, for Tetris purests this game may be a bit of a shock as it's Tetsuya Mizuguchi from Lumines and Rez fame. I don't like Tetris, well I don't hate it but I don't go out of my way to play it, so I'm coming to this game for the synesthesia aspect and for that reason alone this game is absolutely stunning. I'm going to hook up multiple controllers and just enjoy the experience in VR.

I didn't know you could zoom in, thanks. Maybe I'll try the demo again and see if it helps. Oh wait, these dudes are idiots and limited the demo to a single weekend. Oh well.

6 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I didn't know you could zoom in, thanks. Maybe I'll try the demo again and see if it helps. Oh wait, these dudes are idiots and limited the demo to a single weekend. Oh well.

Not really, if you think about it. Tetris is really the same thing over and over again. The only other reason to buy the full game would be for more music and background effects.