Tetris Effect Trophy Thoughts?

MidnightDragon

17 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I didn't know you could zoom in, thanks. Maybe I'll try the demo again and see if it helps. Oh wait, these dudes are idiots and limited the demo to a single weekend. Oh well.

Yeah, they shouldn't have made the demo timed. I really want to see this game do well because it's great but why would you make the demo limited to a couple of days? Seems like a strange decision.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:22 AM, yowzagabowza said:

The demo pissed me right off with the billions of things on screen messing up my concentration. It's just too much stuff. The playing area is just a small rectangle in the middle and all around it is some dumb light show. Completely unnecessary and distracting. 

Mystery mode is a whole other level of aggravating. They even have a trophy describing it as annoying. It's the most unfair, unfun mode I've ever played. Good luck SS-ing that shit.

The rest of the list isn't too bad and I'd still actually play this despite hating the effects so much. No way I'd platinum it. No way I'd pay $40, either, though.

You would play a game you just described as you hating it?? You are a weird person.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 10:22 AM, yowzagabowza said:

Mystery mode is a whole other level of aggravating. They even have a trophy describing it as annoying. It's the most unfair, unfun mode I've ever played. Good luck SS-ing that shit.

The rest of the list isn't too bad and I'd still actually play this despite hating the effects so much. No way I'd platinum it. No way I'd pay $40, either, though.

Mystery isn't "unfair" it's definitely a challenge but it is a challenge of skill. It took me a good amount of attempts before I beat it, with a 'B' rank. Haven't felt the need to go back to it. It's just as "unfair/unfun" as a few other of the challenge modes in the game. I forget which one but one of them has the pieces shoot down so fast it's almost instant and you're supposed to get 300 line clears, which is double Mystery's goal.

Tetris has never been an "easy" game when you get past speed 8 and up. It's even hard for people on speed 4. But I'm really enjoying it a lot and can't wait for their events to start. And wouldn't mind more songs/visuals coming out later for free(?) or maybe DLC if it's priced fairly enough.

On 10/11/2018 at 6:21 AM, Notserp2814 said:

Mystery isn't "unfair" it's definitely a challenge but it is a challenge of skill. It took me a good amount of attempts before I beat it, with a 'B' rank. Haven't felt the need to go back to it. It's just as "unfair/unfun" as a few other of the challenge modes in the game. I forget which one but one of them has the pieces shoot down so fast it's almost instant and you're supposed to get 300 line clears, which is double Mystery's goal.

Tetris has never been an "easy" game when you get past speed 8 and up. It's even hard for people on speed 4. But I'm really enjoying it a lot and can't wait for their events to start. And wouldn't mind more songs/visuals coming out later for free(?) or maybe DLC if it's priced fairly enough.

The mode you are talking about is called “master” ;)

I agree with @yowzagabowza on “Mystery is unfair”. I like that mode, more then any of the other actually. All other modes are simply repetitive, you need to clean X rows or as fast as you can to earn point be removing infected blocks... bah -_- Mystery is constantly adding bad things to your game (nothing good at all), and the speed increase is unnecessary. This mode is hard and challenging enough, speeding up things makes this mode “unfun”.

I don’t mind about hard trophies, but honestly, they could do something more accessible to all players... you need to do T-Spins constantly. They assume you already know how to do it because there are no Tutorials in this game for stuff that actually matters -_- I love the game, but this “challenging” score and modes makes the replay value decrease, at least for me, imho :(

• 2 weeks later...

If you have any concerts, after I got the platinum barely under a week after launch I looked at stuff and made a post on reddit. Feel free to look at what I think of the platinum. 

Yoi can write me here if you need some form of tips. Please read tge reddit before though. I gave basic tips on most trophies. 

On 11/16/2018 at 3:05 AM, TurtlePM said:

The mode you are talking about is called “master” ;)

I agree with @yowzagabowza on “Mystery is unfair”. I like that mode, more then any of the other actually. All other modes are simply repetitive, you need to clean X rows or as fast as you can to earn point be removing infected blocks... bah -_- Mystery is constantly adding bad things to your game (nothing good at all), and the speed increase is unnecessary. This mode is hard and challenging enough, speeding up things makes this mode “unfun”.

I don’t mind about hard trophies, but honestly, they could do something more accessible to all players... you need to do T-Spins constantly. They assume you already know how to do it because there are no Tutorials in this game for stuff that actually matters -_- I love the game, but this “challenging” score and modes makes the replay value decrease, at least for me, imho :(

Worst mode is hands down CountDown mode. There is nothing good at ut and it is THE MOST UNFAIR mode in the game. No matter the badluck in mystery mode you can get SS rank quite easily. 

Not on CountDown. It us purely random if you get the block falling exacly where you are and unless you are a speed GM like top japanese players or use my 2Wide starting method it will depend on luck if you get SS. And the 2wide method is not save it feels. 

P.S. there is a Tutorial in the game.