Easiest 70 Gold Medals

NaseemJohn

I have 52 Golds now and the most difficult one for me so far has been "A Short Walk in a Pretty Town", the 4 minute, 30 seconds requirement is a bit unfair when you need 80% accuracy and 20 headshots. After doing that one, the other ones I've done have been a bit of a breeze. I don't know if everyone has 3 Snake Oils in their inventory when they play the missions through the replay option, or whether that's part of the Outlaw Survival Kit content. What I've basically been doing for headshots myself is aiming at an enemy, then activating Dead Eye on that one enemy to mark their head and shoot them, I can get about 6 headshots per Snake Oil so there's almost always more than enough for me to use for any headshot requirement.

I see that you don't include Archaeology For Beginners as one of the 70 Golds you got, but I've just recently done that one and it's really easy once you know what to do, I'd recommend people to do that one instead of A Short Walk in a Pretty Town. You can manually reload the checkpoint that requires you to infiltrate the camp, so if you do get caught, press :left:, then click on the mission name and abandon the mission, then restart that checkpoint. 

Below is a video from the checkpoint of the Gold Medal objectives for Archaeology For Beginners, bear in mind that I keep looking to see if the objectives are ticked off, but they are only ticked off once you complete the mission: 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I have 52 Golds now and the most difficult one for me so far has been "A Short Walk in a Pretty Town", the 4 minute, 30 seconds requirement is a bit unfair when you need 80% accuracy and 20 headshots. After doing that one, the other ones I've done have been a bit of a breeze. I don't know if everyone has 3 Snake Oils in their inventory when they play the missions through the replay option, or whether that's part of the Outlaw Survival Kit content. What I've basically been doing for headshots myself is aiming at an enemy, then activating Dead Eye on that one enemy to mark their head and shoot them, I can get about 6 headshots per Snake Oil so there's almost always more than enough for me to use for any headshot requirement.

I see that you don't include Archaeology For Beginners as one of the 70 Golds you got, but I've just recently done that one and it's really easy once you know what to do, I'd recommend people to do that one instead of A Short Walk in a Pretty Town. You can manually reload the checkpoint that requires you to infiltrate the camp, so if you do get caught, press :left:, then click on the mission name and abandon the mission, then restart that checkpoint. 

Below is a video from the checkpoint of the Gold Medal objectives for Archaeology For Beginners, bear in mind that I keep looking to see if the objectives are ticked off, but they are only ticked off once you complete the mission: 

I wasnt aware that you could reload checkpoint on that one. Main reason I didn't bother with it is because there's a whole 5 minute part at the beginning where you're just riding around with rain falls so restarting that every time you failed would of been tedious whereas a small walk in town can be done in 3-4 minutes. With that method you just showed though I would recommend switching a small walk in town for archeology for beginners.

• Like 2

I hate the replay feature in this game. I’m convinced some missions are absolutely impossible to get a gold rating with the crappy weapons, stats and horse they force you to play with. I’m trying to get gold on my first attempts so I don’t have to deal with that bullshit.

Oh, and can anyone clarify something for me? If you do a mission and get 3/4 objectives the first time, then replay the mission and get the 4th one you missed, does that carry over and give you 4/4 after completing the replay? I could have sworn that was how it worked, but I had some previously completed objectives disappear on me when replaying a certain mission one time.

Anyway, thanks for the list.

Edited by PoisonJam7
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, PoisonJam7 said:

I hate the replay feature in this game. I’m convinced some missions are absolutely impossible to get a gold rating with the crappy weapons, stats and horse they force you to play with. I’m trying to get gold on my first attempts so I don’t have to deal with that bullshit.

Thanks for the list.

I only came across one mission that seemed impossible while replaying and that's "An American Pastoral Scene" in chapter 2. Everything else was very doable but some required one or two retries.

17 hours ago, Sergen said:

I have 52 Golds now and the most difficult one for me so far has been "A Short Walk in a Pretty Town", the 4 minute, 30 seconds requirement is a bit unfair when you need 80% accuracy and 20 headshots. 

Correct me if im wrong, but i assumed you dont have to meet all requirements in one go? So you could do the mission twice, once taking your time and going for accuracy and headshots and once just doing it quick? 

4 minutes ago, gernboes said:

Correct me if im wrong, but i assumed you dont have to meet all requirements in one go? So you could do the mission twice, once taking your time and going for accuracy and headshots and once just doing it quick? 

No, you have to get all requirements in one go

• Like 1

On 08/11/2018 at 5:10 AM, PoisonJam7 said:

Oh, and can anyone clarify something for me? If you do a mission and get 3/4 objectives the first time, then replay the mission and get the 4th one you missed, does that carry over and give you 4/4 after completing the replay? I could have sworn that was how it worked, but I had some previously completed objectives disappear on me when replaying a certain mission one time.

No, you do need to do all the requirements within the same run of the mission to get a gold medal at the end. 

4 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

thank you!!! I saved this spread sheet, and will go back to these missions after I beat the story.

I would HIGHLY recommend going for the Golds the first time through. As others have said, it’s much more difficult when you use the replay feature due to the crappy weapons and resources. You’re much better equipped and prepared when you play normally.

Even though it’s time consuming, I make a manual save before starting each mission and reload if I don’t get the gold on my first attempt. It’s annoying, but it saves a lot of hassle and frustration by avoiding the (awful) replay feature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rio__HUN said:

The health, stamina, deadeye level is carried over via replay? Or you got a full stock Arthur?!

I did all my gold medals via replay, the only downside was the garbage horse and somewhat low deadeye level but it's still very doable even with the low level stats. You can either replay which is a quicker way to get the trophy or do another play through which takes a lot more time.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

I did all my gold medals via replay, the only downside was the garbage horse and somewhat low deadeye level but it's still very doable even with the low level stats. You can either replay which is a quicker way to get the trophy or do another play through which takes a lot more time.

"still VERY doable", dude, you should consider that not everyone is as good as you. Doing the gold without stock Arthur is a pain, that's a fact. So you shouldn' let ppl think it's easy AF so they would try with replay and keep tryharding/failing most part of time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Dude calm down, he never once mentioned his skills anywhere and he's right... It's VERY doable.

He went out his way to list 70 and you moan about it because he says its doable? Is it doable? Yes so he ain't wrong.

You shouldn't reply before even reading and understanding correctly, he said twice "very doable", you understand what does it mean, don't you? (rhetorical question, idc much tbh), yes it's doable and his list ain't much useful as each one has his own way to play (he puts in missions i made 4-5 tries, while he didn't put missions I did first try, so w/e), but it's silly to say such things as "you have enough dead eye in replay" or "it's very doable" etc, so people think "if he says so, i can do them on replay" and tryharding 4-5 times on a mission because someone else said "lol easy peasy". 

Now end of discussion, I'm right, and either my way to arg' pleases you or not, if you bring nothing to the topic, just stop talking, really. thanks.
Whiteknights nowaday, sigh.

Anyway, as I said, it's easier to do it with a stock Arthur and you shouldn't rely on replays to make golds if u're an average player like me. And passing this trophy with "full replays" doesn't mean everyone can do it, that's a point, get over it.

• Like 3