Easiest 70 Gold Medals

NaseemJohn

8 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Actually I did this earlier on replay with only 1 attempt. I'm not so sure why people say this is impossible as I basically followed the tracks/road and went through the trees in the end

"A strange kindness" was waaaay harder

A strange kindness was ok for me and i think i got it with 3 restarts.

it’s very strange 

I used the same method for We loved once and true ( I couldn't get this following the road so I took a huge shortcut from the beginning).

3 hours ago, newelldx said:

Any thoughts?

It's ok for the most part just try to avoid missions with long and taxing objective list (Chapter 6 near the end missions).

It takes some practice and patient to beat Harder missions.

Edited by MrMike1377

11 hours ago, MrMike1377 said:

Chapter 3: 

The new south: if you don't hate your life don't attempt this. Time is ultra tight and tthe knife fight is abomination

Just completed this one after 30 retries at the fight lol. The time is more than enough, I took way long to get onto the train and even accidently jumped off the horse once. It's possible in replay!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Just completed this one after 30 retries at the fight lol. The time is more than enough, I took way long to get onto the train and even accidently jumped off the horse once. It's possible in replay!

Well I'm glad you did it

Powepyx said the timer starts before jumping on the train so I said fuck this shit I can't beat this guy without taking any damage and finish under 5.30.

It's possible in replay mission mode it's just the knife fight is very very badly designed.

I was trying to say you can grind on a better mission

41 minutes ago, MrMike1377 said:

Well I'm glad you did it

Powepyx said the timer starts before jumping on the train so I said fuck this shit I can't beat this guy without taking any damage and finish under 5.30.

It's possible in replay mission mode it's just the knife fight is very very badly designed.

Well you still have 70 medals completed... Meanwhile I get bored after 5.

But I will be sure to post some quick tips for completing some stuff easier than currently known once I'm done.

Would you say medals become easier after ch 3? And harder during 6?

Edited by Erkawest

27 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Would you say medals become easier after ch 3? And harder during 6?

Yes 

Chapter 3 for the most part is easy to grind

Chapter 4 you can get gold on almost all of the missions with some practice

Chapter 5 and 6 is where game ramps up the difficulty so try to grind your trophy in chapter 2,3,4, epilogue 1 and 2 before hitting 5 and 6

1 hour ago, MrMike1377 said:

Well I'm glad you did it

Talking about the new south? It's actually real easy if you do it this way, when you're at the Anderson fight tap triangle to get him in a struggle, either keep bashing circle or when you get the option to beat/dismiss/etc. You then slam him into the ground by pressing L3. When he's on the ground immediately press square then either kick him in the face or grapple him from behind which is harder depending were you're standing. This makes it an easy gold medal and very doable in replay since you don't need deadeye or a good horse. Overall best way for timebased misison with shooting or riding a horse it's best to save and reload if you don't want to skip cutscenes which I did. And most mission I hardly had to do more than twice some did require a stricter playstyle like "a fisher of men" which was the one that I had to multiple times over.

I had to get 71 Gold medals tho, it popped when I did the final misison of the game, which was nice lol. I hope they patch it so you can use your maxed out character, would be fun to replay some missions to get gold on otherwise I'll probably won't bother to do it.

Edited by ExtraLecherus
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ExtraLecherus said:

Talking about the new south? It's actually real easy if you do it this way, when you're at the Anderson fight tap triangle to get him in a struggle, either keep bashing circle or when you get the option to beat/dismiss/etc. You then slam him into the ground by pressing L3. When he's on the ground immediately press square then either kick him in the face or grapple him from behind which is harder depending were you're standing. This makes it an easy gold medal and very doable in replay since you don't need deadeye or a good horse. Overall best way for timebased misison with shooting or riding a horse it's best to save and reload if you don't want to skip cutscenes which I did. And most mission I hardly had to do more than twice some did require a stricter playstyle like "a fisher of men" which was the one that I had to multiple times over.

I don't get the save and reload part for skipping cutscenes. You mean restarting a save in the middle of the mission?

Well ,i guess it depends on the playstyle or luck then.

For me, Anderson always slashed me perfect frame or somehow punched me in stagger animation which made me hate this fight and leave it.

I finished A Fisher of men in first try but yeah I heard people struggling to hit 7-minute checkmark.

But that's a nice guide for that mission

Edit: For A fisher of men you need to catch 3 fish to trigger the Pinkertons cutscene. So be fast with it ( for people trying to beat it)

Edited by MrMike1377

What I mean is save before a mission and depending how well you do and if you missed any objective after completing it, you just reload and start over instead of using the replay option with default arthur. Depending on which mission tho since some can be replayed depending on how possible it might be without tonics and default deadeye/horse.

Never did catch more then 2 fish, after that just waited till the cutscene appeared and basically tried to take the shortest way back. But good tip if that makes it faster.

Edited by ExtraLecherus

22 minutes ago, MrMike1377 said:

Edit: For A fisher of men you need to catch 3 fish to trigger the Pinkertons cutscene. So be fast with it ( for people trying to beat it)

The fastest way is to catch only 1 fish and then wait and do nothing until Jack is finished. Then the cutscence will immediately start.

Pouring Forth Oil IV seems impossible to me in replay. You don't have chewing tobacco and you can't kill enough to rack up your dead eye again before all are dead. I only manage to get around 8 dead eye kills (4 from the baggage car)

4 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Pouring Forth Oil IV seems impossible to me in replay. You don't have chewing tobacco and you can't kill enough to rack up your dead eye again before all are dead. I only manage to get around 8 dead eye kills (4 from the baggage car)

For the sean part try to kill all 4 with deadeye then

Smoke the cigar you loot from the cabinet, it regenerates some of your deadeye

Aim for the head then activate the deadeye Score a headshot and deadeye will turn off after the kill.

Do this for all remaining headshots.

2 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

How the hell does one catch the street urchin before the market? I can only catch him when reloading checkpoint and that seems to void the time requirement (unlike The New South)

I think the best to catch him is in the corridor before he jumps on the rooftop or after he jumps down from the rooftop.

Just mash circle sometimes you can catch him while you are a bit far from him

23 minutes ago, MrMike1377 said:

For the sean part try to kill all 4 with deadeye then

Smoke the cigar you loot from the cabinet, it regenerates some of your deadeye

Aim for the head then activate the deadeye Score a headshot and deadeye will turn off after the kill.

Do this for all remaining headshots.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. You also have to drink the brandy, it's not possible otherwise in replay.

6 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

How the hell does one catch the street urchin before the market? I can only catch him when reloading checkpoint and that seems to void the time requirement (unlike The New South)

When he jumps off the bus and you reach that little alley, just sprint towards the wall he is hiding. You will then stand directly besides him and can press circle.

21 hours ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Stock arthur and no level ups for health, stamina and dead eye. You unlock own marking with R1 in a higher dead eye level

chapter 1 and 2 deadeye auto targets. From chapter 3 onwards you can manual target. This is my experience so far anyways

WTF there are some instances where you CANNOT save the game before attempting a mission.

Final mission of Chapter 4 immediately throws you into Ch.5 mission 1.

I got gold on the Ch.4 mission but not on the one after.

You have one chance to gold the Ch.5 mission or else you lose your Ch.4 gold on reload.

Now I'm stuck using the shitty nerfed stats and I CAN'T do it.

Can't headshot everyone, 2 seconds of deadeye, and I die in 3 hits!

I remember when an earlier chapter automatically started a mission, I could just D-pad left and quit out of it to save, then attempt it when I'M ready.

Edited by QQQ_AX

1 hour ago, newelldx said:

We once loved true is fucking impossible with the shitty horse it gives you. You can't go full speed longer than 10 seconds! How am I suppose to get Jamie back in 2 minutes please tell me? Otherwise this guide has been very helpful. 

Follow the train tracks trough the tunnel and then go straight for the trian station also try to rather go slow as running out of stamina.

It's definitely doable but it's a close call.

Since yesterday I did around 20 gold medals, it's doable but it can be very frustrating cause dead eye objectives are almost impossible and time based objectives are so much harder with a slower horse.

Imo they have to patch the horse in replay, some missions within the time limit are impossible, most of us do not care cause we just need 70 medals but they have to give us the possibility to achieve every gold medal via replay option.

33 minutes ago, newelldx said:

So pouring 4th oil is 10 deadeye kills. I was counting I got 10 but its still not completing is it glitched or do you need to do it a specific way?

Just leave it and try the other, I skipped that one too.

Currently have 49 gold medals and have done most easy missions in ch 1, 2, 3 and epilogue 1 & 2

2 hours ago, newelldx said:

We once loved true is fucking impossible with the shitty horse it gives you. You can't go full speed longer than 10 seconds! How am I suppose to get Jamie back in 2 minutes please tell me? Otherwise this guide has been very helpful. 

I did this one yesterday on my first attempt in replay so it is definitely possible. Try to go the "bird's way" towards the goal