Easiest 70 Gold Medals

NaseemJohn

5 hours ago, Erkawest said:

No need to bother, got myself the trophy yesterday too. I didn't buy snake oils and barely survived on that mission, but I stayed at the end and farmed headshots before you escape so it was possible to beat anyways

any decent places to hide to farm the headshots? thats what i missed out on

25 minutes ago, KAdamsy1 said:

any decent places to hide to farm the headshots? thats what i missed out on

Hmm well when you have sent Strauss off, you will be placed behind some boxes. So while they have escaped, you can sit and farm headshots off enemies & lawmen that appear. Didn't seem to be a stop in flow of enemies, so sit there and farm headshots

Does anyone else think that the story department of RDR 2 at Rockstar was bragging about the great story that the guys responsible for the trophies thought: We'll do ratings, and the only way to get the best rating is to skip cut scenes, and to make people hate the sotry bits, they have to sit through five minutes of it and redo it over (and over) if you make the smallest mistake?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shlomaniac said:

So..... After 6 pages of discussions...

Should i start a new game and save before each mission or go for replay mode? 

It is possible doing it on replay, but it is much harder. Doing it on a new save will be much easier, but if you're up for the challenge, do replays.

If you choose to do replays, you will probably have to skip up to 10 missions (which would've been easy on story playthru) and choose 10 other somewhat harder missions. It is still doable though

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shlomaniac said:

80% of the trophy will be missions where you will get gold in 1-3 tries easily. Only the last few gold medals are a bit more tricky depending on which missions you chose. It's honestly not that hard, just takes some time. And starting a new game with saves will take much longer in the long run. 

• Like 2

Got it today.

When the requirements seemed hard I checked the spreadsheet and didn't even try if it was a red/orange one.

So this thread definitely saved me some time.

But I still choose a few different mission because some of the green ones where harder for me as some of the red ones. 

Would admit what other people say, new run is much easier but also more time consuming.

We're still in an early stage of the game I think replay getting easier cause there will be information over time.

Edited by KingTom95
  • Like 2

On 20.11.2018 at 3:45 PM, shlomaniac said:

I definitely suggest you to start a new game. Sure it takes some time but nearly all missions become so much easier when you have enough dead eye and related tonics. It took me 4 days(approximately 40 hours of re-playing) to get 70 gold medals but in the end, it was worth the effort. 

Playing from the start also allowed me to play as an honorable Arthur. (in my first run I was quite a psycho) 

Edited by AlperenARS

So I got this trophy today on my first playthrough. Gold medal on every mission except one in chapter 1 and the trophy popped halfway through chapter 6.

It doesn't seem like all the missions count either since I had 74 gold medals in my compendium when the trophy popped. I noticed some, like the special edition bank robbery, definitely did not count as my percentage didn't go up on the social club. Not sure what were the other three missions that did not count though. 

• Like 2

Very helpful, however the notes I’m gonna say 20/100. The notes you give are practically useless, kinda like uncle, rather.

”useless in a useful kinda way..”

couldve went a lot more in depth with the notes. For example -

Sadie Adler widow 2’ - could’ve stated a route to take to the barn and if there is time or not to loot a dead body considering sadie’s Dumb a*s loves to die on that mission very easily.

Instead you stated “stay behind the rock and pick off people with dead eye”

Which is half useful but then you need to do it within 5 mins and 30 seconds.

the route I took was immediately shoot the two standing out front (you can replay if hit) don’t go behind the rock, go way right of the rock stay on the outside of the fence, run up to the house mrs Adler runs into (in the back of it) jump over the fence, Kill the three enemies right there, stay against the fence, (inside this time) don’t get stuck on the tents, go to the very back of the barn, shoot through the window killed three 2 upstairs 1 down while fending off the ones I didn’t kill in the beginning, took 30 seconds as it seemed Adler did all the killing while o made it to the back of the barn.

jump through and GET THE LAST KILL in the barn, hiding upstairs in a spot you can’t hit him through that window, don’t forget about this sneaky prick. Then run as fast as possible/sprint jump to the house Adler is in jump all the way to the stairs

-

aslo ‘A strange kindness, with helping the Herman dude, you only state “tap x with your horse in sync rhythm with your horse steps.”

rwther then telling people hey, bring your horse close to the guy before cutting him free (after battle) then take the same path out that you did in, also if you have the time train your horse to at least level 3 bonding, by leading him around in circles before examine the camp.

thats the little more important details to know these things, to get them done easier and smarter rather than repeating over and over 

I know you’ve written a lot and didn’t even need to do this, so still, very thankful. 

3 more gold missions and I got all single player trophies.

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about starting a new game to have an easier time getting gold medals, I don't think I'm good enough at the game to get 70 gold medals using the replay function. 

I was wondering what happens to your compendium when you start a new game though. Does anyone know? Does the compendium transfer to the new save game? 

I'm afraid my compendium progress will be lost if I start a new game. Any advice would be helpful!

1 hour ago, TwinTrophies said:

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about starting a new game to have an easier time getting gold medals, I don't think I'm good enough at the game to get 70 gold medals using the replay function. 

I was wondering what happens to your compendium when you start a new game though. Does anyone know? Does the compendium transfer to the new save game? 

I'm afraid my compendium progress will be lost if I start a new game. Any advice would be helpful!

I expect that it will be lost my friend

Its a new game bro. Everything resets. I started a new one yesterday to get gold medals. If you're worried about your progress, just make a couple of saves of your "main" playthrough and start a new game but don't save over your "main" playthrough. Then you can reload your old save at your leisure.

On 2018-11-14 at 10:15 PM, Sergen said:

Can anyone confirm that everyone who plays these missions with the replay option has 3 Snake Oils in their inventory during the missions? As I'm thinking that was part of the Outlaw Survival Kit content, considering that it provides some survival equipment and having that installed likely makes the game think you kept the kit.

What's this? Are you seriously telling me you have 3 snake oil bottles at every mission replay? I have the normal edition and only one health bottle, having no dead eye is what is making a large majority of the headshot/accuracy objectives impossible during replay.

Don't tell me Rockstar blocked the easy way to this trophy behind some kind of pay wall, surely this must be a bug?

Unless it depends on the mission you are retrying?

May have been said and I can't confirm, but I'm thinking gold medals on ultimate edition missions like High and Low Finance don't count towards Gold Rush trophy. That's why some people have to gold more than 70 missions to get the trophy to pop.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2018 at 1:09 PM, NaseemJohn said:

As promised here's all the 70 gold medals I got. I went for most of the easy and short ones so if you follow this you shouldn't have too much trouble getting them. Also anyone having trouble with headshots when you're out of deadeye, consider practicing the sharpshooter technique. For this all you need to do is click L2 to lock onto an enemy and you'll notice that the reticle always aims for the chest after this you'll want to give R a subtle flick upwards and then immediately press R2 and you'll basically always pull off headshots. Takes some getting use to but works very well. 

Here's a link to the spreadsheet with all the easier gold medals and their requirements made by @Akrioz

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A-KDkbLHjXM3aRYcidsHNF9MqgObj08RJkcAwgNp990/edit?ouid=115112967549370358311&usp=sheets_home&ths=true

- Chapter 1

Outlaws from the west (Stick behind cover, pop out and fire 1 or 2 shots and don't miss a single shot)

Enter pursued by a memory (Run back towards your horse and switch to your pistol or else wolves will hit you easily) 

The aftermath of genesis 

Eastward bound 

- Chapter 2

Polite society valentine style (Immediately run upstairs the saloon to find Karen)

Good honest snake oil 

Americans at rest (don't hit him too much just focus on counters as they do a lot of damage)

Exit pursued by a bruised ego (run straight to the bear location)

Paying a social call (try to kill as many guards as possible stealthily with headshots by using the bow so then you don't have to worry about 12 headshots too much)

A quiet time (old rival is right behind you at the table once you get back control) 

Money lending and other sins 3

Who is not without sin 

The spines of America 

We loved once and true 3

Blessed are the meek? (Sharpshooter technique when you're out of deadeye and try to move as fast as possible or else Micah can die and will void without taking health item goal)

The first shall be last 

Pouring forth oil 2

A fisher of men (very easy but took me three attempts as you can be late by a couple seconds)

Pouring fourth oil 4 (remember to get 10 dead eye kills before killing all enemies as there isn't a lot of them)

A strange kindness (if you replay like I did you'll have a shitty horse, all you need to do is tap x along with your horses rhythm and you should get him back to his family in time)

- Chapter 3

Further questions of female suffrage 

The course of true love 2 

The course of true love 3

An honest mistake (use dead eye to get as many headshots as possible when you're being chased by horse riders at the start) 

Advertising the new American art 2

Horse fish for dinner (pay attention to the brown stallion on the right as it will escape from John, have your lasso ready and throw it the moment It breaks free)

A short walk in a pretty town (can be a bit tricky but use Sharpshooter technique when your dead eye meter is low and stay behind cover cause they seem to have snipers and can kill you easily)

Blood feuds ancient and modern (deadeye and Sharpshooter technique but once you're above the balcony take cover behind the pillars and you'll be in a pretty good position to dish out headshots while being safe from getting hit)

The battle of shady belle (don't allow the old man in bed to commit suicide) 

- Chapter 4

The joys of civilization (when the kid hops on the bus you will pass by the bar where your horse is at, simply jump on your horse and follow the bus, when the kid jumps off follow him and immediately sprint towards his position then tap to grab him)

Help a brother out (go in instinct mode to see the traces on the floor near the bookshelf then interact with it to find them)

Brothers and sisters one and all (immediately sprint towards the kid's location)

No no and thrice no

Fatherhood and other dreams 2

High and low finance 

American fathers 2

Horsemen apocalypse (boat will spawn when you go to save your companion in the back)

Urban pleasures (the moment you get on the trolley go into dead eye and near the building you'll see 4-5 guards you can instantly kill)

Country pursuits 

Revenge is a dish best eaten 

Banking the old American art 

- Chapter 5

Welcome to the new world

Paradise mercifully departed (once upstairs and Micah plants the bomb you will have time to loot 1 or 2 dead bodies and you'll most likely find dead eye potions so use that to your advantage and save one for the part where you need to bring the captain back to the boat in under 2 mins)

Dear uncle tacitus (as soon as you get into the house the letter will be on the table downstairs, read it then you'll be placed leaning against a wall, look behind you once the guard passes by then crouch sprint out the back door literally right next to you)

Fleeting joy (use deadeye with the gatlin gun to fire 1 bullet)

A fork in the road (there's a lady that can block you on the sidewalk and when this happens it basically screws you over so restart until she isn't in your way or try to squeeze past her) 

- Chapter 6

Do not seek absolution (run towards the waypoint and when you get into a fight just focus on the guy with the brown jacket. Remember to use parry and once he's done the fight will be over so no need to focus on the second guy)

Do not seek absolution 2

Just a social call (can be a bit tricky but just sprint and use deadeye for quick headshots)

The course of true love 5 (use parry on both the guys to knock them out quick, depending on how long it takes you to beat the two guys will dictate wether or not you make it in under 7 minutes)

A rage unleashed 

Honor amongst thieves (as soon as you see the wagon, go on your horse and pull up alongside it then jump onto the cart to steal the medicine quietly)

Goodbye dear friend (run up the stairs in front of you quickly to find the sniper)

The delights of van Horne

Mrs Sadie Adler widow 2 (might seem hard but just stay behind the big rock at the start and pick them off with deadeye then quickly headshot the sniper as he comes out the barn)

The bridge to nowhere (die if you think you didn't do the objectives fast enough and it will reset the time)

- Epilogue part 1

The wheel 

Simple pleasures

Farming for beginners  (hide behind something when the bull tries to charge you)

Fatherhood for beginners (quickly tap square to jump and tire out the horse fast then feed him an apple by going into your inventory)

Old habits (use parry to knock him out fast)

Jim Milton rides again?

Fatherhood for idiots (can be a bit tricky as you tend to be late by 2 seconds but stick to the grass on the right side of the waypoint then as you're about to reach the farm just go back onto the path. Took me several tries despite being easy)

Motherhood 

Home of the gentry 

Gainful employment (run directly into the saloon then upstairs to locate him. Once he's on his horse you'll have a very small amount of time to lasso him once you get past the chopped down trees)

- Epilogue part 2

Bare knuckle friendships (run into the bar and ask the bartender where he's located. Once at the dock enter deadeye then kill the two guys on the left then exit deadeye and repeat the same thing for the two guys on the right. If you feel like you didn't make it in 10 seconds simply jump into the water and you can retry as many times as you want)

Home improvement for beginners 

A new Jerusalem (tap x when John is about to land a hit on the nail and you should get the 80% accuracy easily just pay attention to his hands)

Trying again 

A new future imagined (skip when you're at the movie theatre with her)

A new future imagined 

Sorry if it has some spelling mistakes or if it's way too long, i just didn't want to half ass it. Hope this helps those who need it :)

Thanks for the list. I will start tomorrow with this. After searching for hours for a damn owl and a wild turkey from the dessert, plus surviving 18 bear attacks... At least I will have some real fun repeating those story missions lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, shopo said:

Thanks for the list. I will start tomorrow with this. After searching for hours for a damn owl and a wild turkey from the dessert, plus surviving 18 bear attacks... At least I will have some real fun repeating those story missions lol

I don't know which one is more painful. Sitting through all the riding and talking is not sth. I would say 'fun'

1 hour ago, Maverick6146 said:

I don't know which one is more painful. Sitting through all the riding and talking is not sth. I would say 'fun'

Personally I had so much fun playing all the story missions and I want to play those again. Of course if I have to repeat a single mission many times it wont be fun but lets hope for the best. Searching for animals in speciffic locations which dont respawn was just awful, and I loved  hunting in RDR2. And the bear trophy was just Rockstar trolling the players as usual... I mean, 18 times? One time was already enough it was just pointless lol

• Like 1

On Monday, November 12, 2018 at 9:03 PM, NaseemJohn said:

Look man, I finished the game early and since people were having trouble finding the easiest levels to get gold on I took time out of my day to try and help by making an entire list of all the easier ones. I really didn't need to, I could of simply gotten the trophy and then moved on but as stated earlier I simply wanted to help. Now however you decide to tackle them or wether you find them hard or not that's entirely on you but don't come giving me shit because you can't get a gold medal on your first try. Patience is always key and It's something you clearly lack. 

I personally want to thank you for doing that for us. I just sucks that someone has to come on here and try to ruin a good thing. Getting 70 golds is no easy feat. Good thing about rdr is the replay value IMO is really high. So even going for the gold we should be having a lot of fun with it

Edited by XxraymanjrxX
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, XxraymanjrxX said:

I personally want to thank you for doing that for us. I just sucks that someone has to come on here and try to ruin a good thing. Getting 70 golds is no easy feat. Good thing about rdr is the replay value IMO is really high. So even going for the gold we should be having a lot of fun with it

Appreciate it, glad to see that it came in handy for some. 

Can I just say right now that the mission in Chapter 4 "Joys of Civilization" is NOT as easy as some would have you believe? I managed to get the Gold medal, granted, but holy crap was it several retries due to the damn button prompt to tackle the kid not working. I also ran out of stamina for Arthur, and I have max stamina. I have no idea how you're supposed to do that mission with a pre-built Arthur with shit stats in the mission replay. 

At this point, I'd honestly just rather do something like Pure Platinum Bayonetta or get all S ranks on Revengeance mode in Metal Gear Rising. At least there you know what to do. On average I have to replay these missions 2 to 3 times just because of how fascist the criteria is. It's just not the natural way to play this game at all.

Edited by griffin123456789