NaseemJohn

Easiest 70 Gold Medals

179 posts in this topic

On 03/12/2018 at 7:34 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

Is there a quick way to restart a mission when you've messed up?

For anyone interested, there is no easy way to restart, but you can abandon the current mission by pressing left on the d-pad, which is a little bit of help.

It was really nice to have someone's experience on the gold medals they chose as a reference point, however, I would just like to say that easy is relative. I replayed, and some of them are the furthest thing from easy. I just hope people don't see this as a definitive list of the easiest missions when there are several that aren't listed that were much easier for me personally.

21 hours ago, FamilyGamers4321 said:

It was really nice to have someone's experience on the gold medals they chose as a reference point, however, I would just like to say that easy is relative. I replayed, and some of them are the furthest thing from easy. I just hope people don't see this as a definitive list of the easiest missions when there are several that aren't listed that were much easier for me personally.

Hey, this list is very accurate but I can relate, I was also struggling with some of the easier missions. If you find any easy missions impossible, skip and try medium/harder. They might work out for you

I created a thread with tips on how to beat some of the harder (easy) ones posted in opening post. Check it out & good luck!

Edited by Erkawest

Hi guys

Has anyone came at bug for the mission 'paying social call' ? During my replay I can't get 80% accuracy check :(

Im sure I havent missed a single shot

It seems it is bugged somehow

Edit: my bad, I'm just the worst player

Seems using only pistol and doing some multiple shots in the body made it to work

As previous runs I used repeater and did only head shots

Edited by Smuiq

@NaseemJohn I want to thank you for taking your time and putting this list together. It was a big help having this for people and myself that were doing this in replay. Having a list of follow with a couple tips and tricks made this manageable. Thank-you again your a rockstar 

1 hour ago, A_B_Y_S_S_1 said:

@NaseemJohn I want to thank you for taking your time and putting this list together. It was a big help having this for people and myself that were doing this in replay. Having a list of follow with a couple tips and tricks made this manageable. Thank-you again your a rockstar 

My pleasure, glad it came in handy.

Edited by NaseemJohn

So yesterday I have finished 70 medal trophy on replay mode and wanted to share my thoughts.

I have skipped from the list
- A short walk in a pretty town (seemed impossible for me due to time limit and health problems)
- Paradise Mercifully Departed
- The king's son (headshotting with bow without any dead eye boosting tonics is such a pain)

- A new Jerusalem (80% accuracy with hammer, made me replay that mission like 10+ times, and I never did the requirement. I have tried several ways that I was able to find on the Internet and none of them worked)
- Exit Pursued by a bruised Ego (didn't manage from the first time by time and decided not to replay)

Instead I have done the following missions:
- Friends in Very low places (pretty easy if you enter cinematic mode when robbing, it stops the timer and makes time requirement very easy)

- A really big Bastard (also easy one if you know where to go, made it from the 2nd attempt)

Good luck everyone !

I am currently at 65 gold medals. I have managed to get around 50 golds through mission replay. The last 5 gold medals are proving very difficult for me. There are a few missions that are supposed to be easy or medium to get gold on that I am really struggling with. Those missions are:

Enter, Pursued by a Memory. How do you avoid taking damage from the wolves? After I kill the first two wolves, the third always hits me before I can get a shot off. 

An Honest Mistake: I keep failing on the objective to save Uncle when he gets into a fight. When I kill the guy on the right, Uncle just shoots the other guy. He is supposed to get tackled to the ground but that has never happened for me in 4 attempts so far.

Angelo Brontë, A Man of Honour. Despite multiple attempts, I can not complete the time limit objective. It seems impossible using mission replay. 

Just A Social Call. Anyone managed to do this on replay? Gold seems impossible without access to dead eye recovery items. You are also stuck with the Litchfield Repeater which isn't great for this mission. 

A New Jersualem. I've tried multiple methods including tapping A when the prompt is flashing, watching John's hands and tapping A when he hammers the nail and just after he hammers it, but can't get the checkmark for 80% accuracy. 

American Venom. 85% accuracy is simply too hard on replays. 

I am going to try a few other missions that I haven't tried yet, but I don't have many options left.

Edited by Rdysn5

20 minutes ago, Rdysn5 said:

I am currently at 65 gold medals. I have managed to get around 50 through replay. The last 5 gold medals are proving very difficult for me. There are a few missions that are supposed to be easy or medium to get gold on that I am really struggling with. Those missions are:

Enter, Pursued by a Memory. How do you avoid taking damage from the wolves? After I kill the first two wolves, the third always hits me before I can get a shot off. 

An Honest Mistake: I keep failing on the objective to save Uncle when he gets into a fight. When I kill the guy on the right, Uncle just shoots the other guy. He is supposed to get tackled to the ground but that has never happened for me in 4 attempts so far.

Angelo Brontë, A Man of Honour. Despite multiple attempts, I can not complete the time limit objective. It seems impossible using mission replay. 

Just A Social Call. Anyone managed to do this on replay? Gold seems impossible without access to dead eye recovery items. You are also stuck with the Litchfield Repeater which isn't great for this mission. 

A New Jersualem. I've tried multiple methods including tapping A when the prompt is flashing, watching John's hands and tapping A when he hits and just, after he hits but can't get the checkmark for 80% accuracy. 

Going to try a few other missions that I haven't tried yet, but I don't have many options left.

Can comment on few of those.

Pursued by a Memory - just use pistol or revolver. And before attracting wolves run a bit further from them. That helped me a lot.

Just A Social Cal - pretty easy one. I did it with 30 seconds buffer for the timer. Don't wait for Dutch - run straight to the objective killing enemies on the run, and using dead eye only on enemies that are on bridge/water tower. You need to know where enemies are coming from. At the end, before horses, explode the tank with fuel and there will be only three enemies on the left, then run to the horses. Next shooting 3 headshots - is a bit hard, it was at least for me. Did it on the 3rd or 4th attempt.

An Honest Mistake - it seems that you do it not stealthy way. Uncle only shoots when enemies notice you. Make it crawl to enemies from behind. I did it from the right side of the rock when you start to hide.

A New Jersualem - this is peace of ****, tried like 10+ times, never did that objectives.

Other missions were not on the list, so I skipped them.

Read my previous post, I wrote replacements for the missions in the list that did for me the best.

Edited by Smuiq

10 hours ago, Rdysn5 said:

I am currently at 65 gold medals. I have managed to get around 50 golds through mission replay. The last 5 gold medals are proving very difficult for me. There are a few missions that are supposed to be easy or medium to get gold on that I am really struggling with. Those missions are:

A New Jersualem. I've tried multiple methods including tapping A when the prompt is flashing, watching John's hands and tapping A when he hammers the nail and just after he hammers it, but can't get the checkmark for 80% accuracy. 

I am going to try a few other missions that I haven't tried yet, but I don't have many options left.

Some od these missions are very difficult. No need to play them and torture yourself.

The Wolfs one is pretty easy if you climb on the rock on the right.

New Jerusalem, for my it was pretty easy, just hit with the rhytm.

Others that you mentioned, can be skipped, there are far easier missions then those. 

i can say on the Angelo Brontë, its glitched on my end, did it 4 times and i heard you have to watch cutscenes to get gold, lucky i did a few of the hard missions to replace this one.

Banking The Old American Art glitched on me on the replay... gang just keeps doing circles around city 😂

1 minute ago, Eraserhead_981 said:

Banking The Old American Art glitched on me on the replay... gang just keeps doing circles around city 1f602.png

you need to play the cutscenes for it not to glitch :) happened to me also

3 hours ago, Smuiq said:

you need to play the cutscenes for it not to glitch :) happened to me also

Its working now, thx 😀

If anyone's still having trouble with gettting gold medals and provided you got friends  who don't mind helping, then try ps4 play share system (requires a good internet connection).

Simple Host your game (1 hour time limit) and pass control over to your friend and let them aquire gold medals for you.

I've been helping a friend using this method and gained him another 25 golds. He started with 9 after finishing the story and is now sat on 64 golds.

This trophy is the stupidest part of the game, what a joke - 70 gold medals wtf...

Angelo Bronte, a Man of Honor - Gold Medal

1 > Skip the first cut scene
2 > Go to the cemetery with John
3 > Encounter the dog at the right of the circle in the middle of the cemetery
4 > Encounter the drunk at the left (alsmost at the wall) of the circle in the middle of the cemetery
5 > Go to the top left of the cemetery (do not skip the cut scene, so everyone can spawn)
6 > Do 4 headshots and kill everyone
7 > Follow the path in this video to get out of the cemetery https://youtu.be/AVNgt5Mpf_s?t=602
8 > Wait for John and go to the Bronte House when the path is on the minimap
9 > Do not skip the cut scene when you reach Dutch
10 > Go to your safe house with Dutch and John
11 > You should get the gold medal

Thanks!!!

First of all, thanks to  @NaseemJohn for putting this list together, and to everyone who contributed. This was really helpful!

I did about 60 missions with replays (about 10 came naturally during my blind playthrough), and I agree that this is very doable. It is just very time consuming (though nothing compared to "Best in the West"), but the majority of missions can be completed with gold in 1-3 attempts.

There were some bugs though. For instance I completed "Just a Social Call" with all the objectives and got a gold medal. Then I checked the social club and even though the objectives were all marked as completed, the mission only showed a bronze medal. Oh well. 

For me, the most difficult objective was generally the "Get X headshots" objective… So I avoided all missions that required 20+ headshots (and some that required 10 or 15). Naturally I needed to replace some of the "easy" missions with some medium and hard ones which I thought werer really easy. So I though I'd list them here just in case it helps!  

• The New South. The only challenging objective here is to not take a hit during the brawl with Anderson, but getting behind him trivializes this fight.

• Sodom? Back to Gomorrah. There are more than enough mounted lawmen to get 5 headshots (I feel like 5 is about the right amount you can get reliably with Dead Eye on a replay), and the other objectives are very generous.

• Magicians for Sport. In the cornfield, the first bounty hunter is in the field to your left (past the scarecrow), and a second one can then be found by running to the field directly north of you and then moving one to the right. Just run sideways with your weapon aiming into the field to get them quickly (use Dead Eye). Knowing this makes this mission trivial.

• Friends in Very Low Places. Nothing difficult here.
  • Angelo Bronte, a Man of Honor. Following what @primalentir suggested worked first time. Thanks!
  • Icarus and Friends. There is enough Dead Eye to get 5 headshots from the balloon. The other objectives are very easy.
  • A Really Big Bastard. Most of this mission is scripted, and the only place where you can save time is when you need to track the bear yourself. No problems with this one.

As a last note, I always skipped all cutscenes except the two in Angelo Bronte, a Man of Honor. 

16 hours ago, Pinselneo said:

I need all gold medails during one replay or?

you mean all points to be completed during one replay mission?
Yes.

On 12/26/2018 at 3:12 AM, Smuiq said:

I have skipped from the list
- A short walk in a pretty town (seemed impossible for me due to time limit and health problems)

I spent several hours last night unsuccessfully trying for gold in A Short Walk in a Pretty Town.  The problem for me is always not finishing within the time limit of 4 minutes, 30 seconds.  The one time I did it within the time limit by rushing, I didn't get the 20 headshots.  I might give it another go today, before skipping it.  So I'm curious as to methods to quicken my time (aside from the obvious kill everyone quickly).

Edited by mgrantz
wording

I almost never can do mission in time... ridiculous.