PS Now worth it?

V-iConZz-13

If you missed out on the PS3 era, you can subscribe to PS Now so long as you have a proper internet connection and you’re willing to pay the monthly fee. 

Otherwise I would skip it. I would rather buy my games digitally online than livestream them through a service.

On 11/8/2018 at 7:30 PM, flashpool23 said:

Just a heads up, but if you haven't tried the trial since September of this year when downloads became available, it's been reset and you can try again for a week!

I used my week trial a couple years back

youre saying i can get another free week of free trophies?

On 11/7/2018 at 8:48 AM, starcrunch061 said:

I can only give my opinions, but:

1) Sure, if you have the internet, and you are interested in the games there. There are a lot of games, and playing them for $99 is good value. But make sure your internet is stable - I have good internet, and I even got kicked out quite a few times.

2) They can remove games, though it's rare. I was recently told that they are "upgrading" some PS3 games to their PS4 counterparts, so consider that as well.

3) That I do not know. I have never played any online games on PSNow. It is worth noting that many games have had online components removed (they mention this in the game description), though those were PS3 games, and PS+ shouldn't be necessary for that, anyway.

4) Certianly sometimes. I got all of the DLC trophies for Star Wars: Force Unleashed and Saints Row 3 using PSNow. I had bought the games prior, and was able to use my save files with no trouble to obtain DLC trophies on PSNow. I don't know if it works for all games, though.

Hope this helps. 

Did you have to pay extra for the Star wars DLC? Or they came with PSNow?

41 minutes ago, Van-Helsings said:

Did you have to pay extra for the Star wars DLC? Or they came with PSNow?

It's a PS3 game so even if you bought the DLC it wouldn't apply while streaming. Only PS4 games that you can download can you buy DLC for (I assume, I've never done it).

As I recall, the Star Wars Force Unleashed on PS Now is like the Sith edition or some kind of ultimate edition. Same with Saints Row 3, it's the full package edition or whatever it's called. I did play Saints Row 3 and got the 100% over PS Now without having to spend any extra money.

The Fallout games do not have the DLC. I think Guacamelee does have the DLC. I don't remember off the top of my head if there's any other games with DLC trophies that do or do not include the required DLC when streaming.

They used to have assassins creed 1, 2+brotherhood & revelations, and 3 but those were removed. So they do remove games sometimes.

Edit: just realized this was posted last year, but idk how to delete a reply.

Edited by Lavellx

On 5/23/2019 at 0:05 AM, Van-Helsings said:

@Milktastrophe thanks for reply, so you are saying there are some games on PSNow that come with the DLC for free? (Apart from the subscription fee) 

Late reply (I was out of town), but that is correct. Further, your save file from your own physical edition (assuming you have one) will work fine on PSNow. In particular, I owned SW: TFU, but not the DLC. I had platted the game long ago. But I still had the save file, and used it on PSNow to access the DLC there. I did the same thing for Saint's Row and Enslaved.

It's worth noting that some games you might think have DLC currently don't, such as Fallout: New Vegas.

On 5/28/2019 at 9:51 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Late reply (I was out of town), but that is correct. Further, your save file from your own physical edition (assuming you have one) will work fine on PSNow. In particular, I owned SW: TFU, but not the DLC. I had platted the game long ago. But I still had the save file, and used it on PSNow to access the DLC there. I did the same thing for Saint's Row and Enslaved.

It's worth noting that some games you might think have DLC currently don't, such as Fallout: New Vegas.

But i can only use PS Now with the account that paid for it right? Even if the other accounts are on the same system?