Welcome to My YouTube channel! TheElecPlay92

TheElecPlay

MK 11 Stress Test IMPRESSIONS (Tested from March 15th to 17th)

Since MK Deception (2004) until the release of MK XL, the online netcode has been region locked (GameSpy servers) and I've been unable to play against my buddies or others online (PS2, XBOX, PS3, 360, PS4, XB1).

For instance if I purchase the European version (R2 or R4) of MKX and my friend owns an Asian/US (R3/R1) version of MKX we can't play against each other unless one of us has that specific region. The matches will connect, the character select screen would appear and then the dreaded, "This session is no longer available." message pops and both players get a loss.

I'm glad that this issue has finally been resolved since the release of INJ2.

Unfortunately, I do get a few occasional dropouts with "The game session is no longer available." from time to time. If the connections have 1 bar or less, the game brings up the character select screen and then the message "The game session has ended." returning both players to the Search Session.

I've played other fighting games like Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Dead or Alive, SoulCalibur, Fighting EX Layer on the current generation systems and fighting games on past gen systems online. With one bar connections, matches were playable despite severe input lag with the other fighting game titles. It seems that with INJ2 and the MK11 beta, connections have to be greater than 3 bars for both players to sync into a match.

I've tested the beta with both WiFi and wired connections and the matches were smooth for the most part. There were a few occasional hiccups here and there.

I'd like to see an option where the player can adjust "Search Priority", "Connection Status", "Area" and toggle voice chat on/off right before searching for opponents.
With HDR enabled on PS4 Pro, I noticed a slight input delay during a match with a near perfect connection on wired.

I dropped a few basic combos and I couldn't pull off special moves as consistently as I could with HDR off.

On the final day of the stress test I was in a match with a Skarlet player and the game froze. I waited for about a minute or two and the game booted back to the "Mortal Kombat 11 Online Beta Press the X Button" title screen. Upon pressing X, it said the stress test was over. Good games, Skarlet.
Edited by noahez92

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Channel Update: Mortal Kombat 11 – Story Mode | All Chapters, Ending, Alternate Fights, Alternate Endings 

After Shinnok’s defeat at the hands of Earthrealm’s new generation of warriors, Kronika, the Keeper of Time, steps into the Jinsei Chamber to re-write a timeline that will undo Raiden’s attempts to save Earthrealm. Unbeknownst to the Immortal God of Thunder, Raiden has disrupted the balance of Good and Evil in all the Realms that was desired by Kronika who created existence at the dawn of history. In order to prevent a Temporal Armageddon, Raiden and his allies, past and present, must gain control of Kronika’s Hourglass. Only then, will times momentum be restored.

LET KOMBAT BEGIN! Mortal Kombat 11 has arrived! 

Here is the entire Story Mode put together as a full feature length movie, edited from my twitch.tv/TheElecPlay Livestream of the Story Mode for YouTube. I took the liberty of adding the alternate fights in the multiple choice chapters so you will see the chapter unfold from the perspective of a different character. You’ll also see the Alternate Endings at the end of the video. Refer to the timestamps to skip segments of the video.

TIMESTAMPS

Skip Introduction: 02:38

Mortal Kombat 11 Story Mode CHAPTERS: No Commentary

Prologue - 02:39

Chapter 1 Next of Kin - Cassie Cage 06:43

Chapter 2 Timequake - Kotal Kahn 25:40

Chapter 3 Shaolin Monks - Liu Kang or Kung Lao 43:48

Chapter 3 Alternate - Kung Lao 47:12

Chapter 4 Fire & Ice - Scorpion or Sub-Zero 01:01:56

Chapter 4 Alternate - Sub-Zero 01:08:54

Chapter 5 Truths Revealed - Jade 01:21:12

Chapter 6 War on the Homefront - Johnny Cage 01:35:14

Chapter 7 Coming of Age - Kitana 01:51:59

Chapter 8 Fight Club - Sonya Blade 02:07:53

Chapter 9 All in the Family - Jax or Jacqui Briggs 02:22:23

Chapter 9 Alternate - Jacqui Briggs 02:28:01

Chapter 10 To Hell and Back - Scorpion 02:46:48

Chapter 11 Cutting the Strings - Raiden 02:56:34

Chapter 12 END OF AN ERA - Liu Kang 03:15:37

ENDING - No Rounds Lost 03:30:24

ALTERNATE ENDINGS

Raiden Ending (Lose 1 Round) 03:35:44

Kronika Ending (Lose the Match) 03:38:35

• 1 month later...

To commemorate my 7th year anniversary on YouTube, this edition of QuickPlay is the longest video review I’ve done on the channel. 
This is a video review I’ve been wanting to make since I started my YouTube channel in May 2012.

In 1996, I was introduced to Crash Bandicoot and it became one of my favorite video games of all time on the PlayStation. I bought all the games, the action figures, LCD handheld arcade games, magazines, strategy guides, T-shirts etc. I 100% completed both the original Crash Bandicoot and The N Sane Trilogy remake simultaneously on my channel as part of a challenge I set out for myself as a fan of the series.

On Christmas Day 2001, I was “Shell Shocked” when I played M&M’s Shell Shocked on the PlayStation. Find out why in this Comparison Edition of QuickPlay.

I reviewed M&M’s Shell Shocked (North American and European versions) on the PlayStation at the Starling Mall MBO Cinemas in Malaysia.

I’ve provided all the fun facts and trivia about the game.

This video review was a labor of love made by a fan as a tribute to Naughty Dog, Universal Interactive Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment, Boston Animation and Simon & Schuster Interactive.

Please use the timestamps below to skip segments of the video although I recommend watching the review from start to finish. Do as you please.

TIMESTAMPS:

North American and European Release Date Info 0:46

What is M&M’s Shell Shocked? 1:05

What’s The Story of M&M’s Shell Shocked? 1:28

QUESTION What do Crash Bandicoot & Yellow have in common? 2:28

Character Traits: Crash Bandicoot 2:54

Michael Gollom - Sound Designer on the Crash Bandicoot series 3:34

Character Traits: Yellow M&M 3:51

Crash’s Spin Attack and Yellow’s Going Beserk 5:00

What are Boxes? 5:07

Basic Boxes 5:35

Crash Boxes/Life Boxes 6:00

Arrow Boxes 6:16

Iron Boxes 6:36

Surprise Boxes 6:53

Dangerous Boxes 7:45

TNT Boxes and Red Explosive Boxes 8:04

Nitro Boxes and Danger Boxes 9:12

Status Panel (HUD) 10:04

QUESTION Answered 10:20

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog yelling “Crash Bandicoot!” 11:16

Is there a fine line between game design inspiration and shameless copying? 11:21

Yellow’s Power Ups 11:34

Ric-o-Shell (Yellow) 11:42

Aku Aku Witch Doctor’s Mask (Crash) 12:11

Cruise Shoes (Yellow) 12:58

Crash Dash (Crash) 13:10

Super Springs (Yellow) 13:48

Super Double Jump (Crash) 14:14

The Positives - What I like about Shell Shocked 14:33

SEGA’s OutRun reference  15:04

Space Invaders reference  15:36

The Moonwalk 15:42

Street Fighter II reference 15:50

Similar Rotating Platforms 15:55

Crash getting chased by a Boulder, Polar Bear and Triceratops Dinosaur 16:04

Yellow getting chased by Giant Robots 16:49

Bonus Levels: 17:31

Boss Battle Similarities 18:52

It’s a Trap! Similar Traps 19:45

Uncovering Secrets 20:06

Eugene Zhukov - M&M’s Shell Shocked Composer 22:46

Fun Fact: J.K. Simmons (Academy Award winning actor) and Billy West (acclaimed voice actor) voice overs 23:54

Billy West talks about voicing Red M&M 24:51

The Negatives - What I disliked about Shell Shocked 25:26

Regional Differences - North American & European versions 29:19

M&M’s The Lost Formulas  30:58

M&M’s The Lost Formulas Concept Art 31:31

BONUS: Anecdote 31:50

Bottom Line FINAL VERDICT 32:49

• 7 months later...

How Earthworm Jim Changed My Life - A Trip Down Memory Lane & Childhood Dreams Fulfilled!

25 years ago, I was introduced to Earthworm Jim and the game changed my life. To commemorate the 25th anniversary, here is my tribute to Earthworm Jim franchise and how the games changed my life!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is with deep sadness that I announce the Ryu ga Gotoku Locations Tour 2020 has been cancelled due to the pandemic. I was planning on visiting Osaka, Dotonbori this time around since I pretty much covered Kabukicho (Kamurocho). A shame, but it was fun while it lasted. 

What's the Ryu ga Gotoku Locations Tour you ask? It is a documentary series comparing between real-life Kabukicho Tokyo to the fictionalized Kamurocho Tokyo featured in the main Yakuza series by Sega which started in 2012.

Yakuza 5 Real-Life Locations Tour 2012:

Yakuza 6 Real-Life Locations Tour:

Yakuza Kiwami 2 Real-Life Locations Tour 2017:

I've produced over 50 episodes. You can check out the full playlist on my channel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...