Real life achievements

markie816

Hee, 

I was wondering if there are any apps/sites/lists or anything else around real life challenges/trophies/milestones/achievements. I think it's pretty cool to hunt for things like this in real world. I know at least one app in the google play store. It's called: 'Level up Life'. Just curious if there is more like this. Maybe I can make a list of it, when enough people response to this :D

List of real life challenges/trophies/milestones/achievements:

- Level up life (pc, google play)

Track your everyday achievements in life.

Get motivated by earning XP from real life challenges ranging from simple to life changing.

- Habitica (pc, google play, apple store)
Gamify your life. 
Motivate yourself to complete your tasks. 

Edited by markie816
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, UltraRareBoy said:

Cool idea this is just for fun "jump from the tenth floor without a parachute and survive" and than you hear the sound of an ultra rare achivement. Seriously nice idea if there was such an application, I would download it.

If the sound was real, I would do it:p

43 minutes ago, DrHambone said:

Aside from an app, is there a website or leaderboard? :P 

That was my question to you guys:p. Don't know if it exists besides this app. Was hoping so

• Like 1

There's a neat app called "Habitica". It basically turns your life into an RPG. You can add different "quests" (a glorified to-do list) with different steps and adjust the amount of XP you get for completing it based on the quest's difficulty and the number of steps it has. It's a well-fleshed out, but easy to use app. I have it installed on my phone, and it's nice to use as a way to get your life priorities in order.

Your player (you) can level up and get more HP and strength as you complete tasks. It's definitely an interesting concept to "gamify" your life.

1 hour ago, ResoluteRock said:

There's a neat app called "Habitica". It basically turns your life into an RPG. You can add different "quests" (a glorified to-do list) with different steps and adjust the amount of XP you get for completing it based on the quest's difficulty and the number of steps it has. It's a well-fleshed out, but easy to use app. I have it installed on my phone, and it's nice to use as a way to get your life priorities in order.

Your player (you) can level up and get more HP and strength as you complete tasks. It's definitely an interesting concept to "gamify" your life.

Nice. I will try it. Does this app also have pre-installed 'quests'? Or can you use other peoples quests. That would be cool though.

5 hours ago, markie816 said:

Nice. I will try it. Does this app also have pre-installed 'quests'? Or can you use other peoples quests. That would be cool though.

I believe it does come with a couple pre-made quests like "pick up a new hobby" and "workout for 30 minutes" just as a sample. It's really up to you to customize it and create your own quests; there's Daily quests that repeat once a day, and if not checked off by the end of the day they will affect your HP. There's also "To-Do" list items that you can set due dates on and rank it in terms of difficulty (which affects your XP/rewards for completion). There still is an aspect of self-discipline to get done what you need to get done, but the app helps to organize it and make tasks in your life almost seem like a game.

4 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

I believe it does come with a couple pre-made quests like "pick up a new hobby" and "workout for 30 minutes" just as a sample. It's really up to you to customize it and create your own quests; there's Daily quests that repeat once a day, and if not checked off by the end of the day they will affect your HP. There's also "To-Do" list items that you can set due dates on and rank it in terms of difficulty (which affects your XP/rewards for completion). There still is an aspect of self-discipline to get done what you need to get done, but the app helps to organize it and make tasks in your life almost seem like a game.

Sounds great. Even sounds like a solution for many people to get things done. Will try it for sure