Final Fantasy Opera Dissidia being removed from Belgium because of "loot boxes"

XjaegerbombX

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

Why is that sad?  More countries should do this so we can finally get rid of the aggressive bullshit monotization method from our full price games.  I say more power to them.

I mean... Its sad that players who have invested their own money (which they should be allowed to do) in a game -- instead of removing the loot boxes they remove the entire game.

They did this last month on a mobile game I play (DBZ: DOKKAN BATTLE) -- completely removed players accounts and removed it from the app store.

I just feel like if this happened here in the U.S.A. more people would care.

Anyway -- I just wanted to alert the Belgium players of this FF game about this.

So wait, who are you upset with?  Because the game developers were given the chance to remove loot boxes from their games, and they chose not to.  So if you want to blame someone, blame the greedy developers who don't care now that they have your money.

I agree though, it does suck for the players.  It always ends up sucking for us, the players.  Without us, the whole business would not exist, and yet we are always the ones who lose out in the end.

8 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

So wait, who are you upset with?  Because the game developers were given the chance to remove loot boxes from their games, and they chose not to.  So if you want to blame someone, blame the greedy developers who don't care now that they have your money.

I agree though, it does suck for the players.  It always ends up sucking for us, the players.  Without us, the whole business would not exist, and yet we are always the ones who lose out in the end.

I'm not upset. I just feel bad for people in Belgium. First DOKKAN now final fantasy.

I dont think lootboxes for money should exist... And for them to make a law and consider it "gambling" wow LoL that just sucks. I just feel bad. 

• Like 1