How long to 100%

JAYSEN187

For me it took somewhere between 300-500h i guess, but i suck at understanding how to get a good build. But way less if you get carried, note that some mission have to be done solo. The most important to beat is the last main story path boss, just to unlock next difficulty and get better gear.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OJ9999vr said:

For me it took somewhere between 300-500h i guess, but i suck at understanding how to get a good build. But way less if you get carried, note that some mission have to be done solo. The most important to beat is the last main story path boss, just to unlock next difficulty and get better gear.

I think 300-500h is a lot more than needed – even if you play mainly solo and take your time.

I just started the game but I talked to some people who finished the game and for no-one it took more than 150h for 100%. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OBSTINATIO said:

I think 300-500h is a lot more than needed – even if you play mainly solo and take your time.

I just started the game but I talked to some people who finished the game and for no-one it took more than 150h for 100%. 

Don't remember the exact time, but it felt a lot. Mostly i played just solo, i only did coop for a few levels since my damage output was terrible. I also did a lot of grinding, you can say i didn't rush through it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAYSEN187 said:

Follow up question. Is it a fun %100? Or does it feel like a drag for most of it? Aside from getting annihilated multiple times. 

That's completely up to who you are, if you can keep fighting and "see the light in the end of the tunnel" then it's a very enjoyable game. Just knowing if you get enough points/souls to level up, you know you'll get stronger and stronger. If that makes any sense.

3 hours ago, JAYSEN187 said:

Follow up question. Is it a fun %100? Or does it feel like a drag for most of it? Aside from getting annihilated multiple times. 

I think it is! One of the best games I played in awhile. And also if you look at the completion percentage it clearly shows that a ridicules number of people finished and completed this game. 20% for a 100h+ game is pretty unique I guess. 

So if you ask me you should defiantly play this game – and if not completing it at least play the main game plus all side quests once. 

I got 100% in 172 hours. There probably was some idling in there but not much and I did a little bit of co-op with randoms for fun. Ultimately it comes down to how long you want to spend playing the game. Getting 100% requires 3 playthroughs with your third on Way Of The Demon requiring you to complete every single mission (base game and 3 DLCs) on that difficulty. If you’ve played this type of game before then you shouldn’t have too much trouble with it depending on how you approach Demon difficulty. If you don’t have experience it may take some getting used to.

I loved literally every second of the game I played (for the record the Souls series is my all time favourite game series). I didn’t feel it dragged on at all and even by the time I got to my third playthrough I loved it even more as Way Of The Demon is where the game truly starts and that was by far my favourite (and easiest) playthrough.

Comleting all missions on WOTD is the biggest timesink. But you will have fun doing it. I'm 150 hours in and currently taking a break. But i expect another 50 hours to 100%.

The game is really fun and you can get carried early on in missions to get some quick levels. Also try to unlock the higher difficulties asap since you get a ton more XP the higher you go, aswell as higher equipment level.

1 minute ago, JAYSEN187 said:

Thanks for all of the replies everyone. I played bloodborne and dark souls 3 so I'm use to the soul crushing difficulty lol. I heard many good things about it so I felt like I was missing out. Probably gonna push ninja gaiden 3 to the side for this 

Both Bloodborne and DsK3 is easier imo. But when you learn the basics Nioh get a little less punishing. Alot of enemies can 1 shot/combo you in the game, especially if you are underleveled. But you can get some really helpful ninjutsus that gives you cheat death for example. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2018 at 1:05 PM, JAYSEN187 said:

I've had this game for awhile and haven't touched it yet. If I started it how long would it take to platinum and finish all the dlc. I understand this varies by skill but I would just like some estimates from those who have done it. Thanks!

Why not just check the people that got the platinum? See their stats and check how long it took them. When I'm curious about things like this I usually check out the first 5 or so people that got it. In my mind those are usually the quickest. Not always because Usually the first people to get it didn't really know what they were doing. That's why I also check out the 5 most recent earners as well. You can get a good idea about times that way. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

Why not just check the people that got the platinum? See their stats and check how long it took them. When I'm curious about things like this I usually check out the first 5 or so people that got it. In my mind those are usually the quickest. Not always because Usually the first people to get it didn't really know what they were doing. That's why I also check out the 5 most recent earners as well. You can get a good idea about times that way. 

The problem with this is that you don’t know how much time a person spends gaming per week. I spend about 35 to 40 hours a week gaming whereas other people will spend more or less time gaming per week. For example I platinumed Monster Hunter World in 3 weeks and 2 days. What you won’t know without asking me is I spend the bulk of my Christmas holidays playing it until 2 or 3am every night. If it wasn’t for that it would’ve taken me much longer to get the platinum. I also spent about as many hours platting Red Dead Redemption but I was playing it on my usual schedule hence why it took me 6 weeks to plat.

23 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

The problem with this is that you don’t know how much time a person spends gaming per week. I spend about 35 to 40 hours a week gaming whereas other people will spend more or less time gaming per week. For example I platinumed Monster Hunter World in 3 weeks and 2 days. What you won’t know without asking me is I spend the bulk of my Christmas holidays playing it until 2 or 3am every night. If it wasn’t for that it would’ve taken me much longer to get the platinum. I also spent about as many hours platting Red Dead Redemption but I was playing it on my usual schedule hence why it took me 6 weeks to plat.

Well that's why I said check out the first 5 and the most recent 5... I think you can get a good idea how long a game takes by looking at about 10 people. I mean if you see every single person takes 8 months to get the platinum. it's safe to say that's a long game. On the flip side.. if you see like 6 or 7 people get a platinum in 3 days. It's safe to say that's doable as well... and not just some crazy person sitting on their ps4 for 60 hours in a row lol