rockstar can't be serious about moose in this game

Alaquia

9 minutes ago, Easy_Duhz_It_ said:

Theres a cabin in the top right corner above Annesburg where you help some lady who just buried her husband.  I went back to help her learn to shoot and went i left, the moose was by that lake at the bottom of the hill.

Yeah that's Wilard's Rest.

1 minute ago, melodicmizery said:

have yet to see one of these stupid animals, whats more annoying is the beaver never appearing as 3 stars. its hard enough to get them to appear and when you finally do all the dumb guides say a arrow is ok to use, well it isnt. a varmit rifle keeps it pristine. learned the hard way.

There are small game arrows which is why guides say use the bow. But yeah the Varmint Rifle is best/easiest for small animals.

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

have yet to see one of these stupid animals, whats more annoying is the beaver never appearing as 3 stars. its hard enough to get them to appear and when you finally do all the dumb guides say a arrow is ok to use, well it isnt. a varmit rifle keeps it pristine. learned the hard way.

Well the beaver is not the topic of the thread but... There are lots of them at Owanjide (name?) in West Elizabeth. Check the western side of that lake, they are always sitting there, loads of them

17 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

Lake Owanjila west of strawberry also has Western Moose bulls. Just saw one swimming through the lake. You can look for beavers there, too, like Erkawest said.

Edited by Rally-Vincent---

• 2 years later...
On 15/11/2018 at 0:18 PM, olivetheturtle said:

Last thing I need for skin deep is the stupid western bull moose. I’ve put it about 9 hours looking for solely that. Riding to Lake Cairn, Lake Isabella, and Barrow Lagoon, sleeping and reloading. There is a 100% spawn method for the western moose (the female) but no one that I know of has found any reliable spawn for the bull. Please share anywhere you find the bull moose that isn’t listed already!

Wheres the 100% guaranteed female moose spawn? 

15 minutes ago, Row1789 said:

Wheres the 100% guaranteed female moose spawn? 

So far that i'm aware when i platted it there was no 100% spawn spot they either spawn there or they dont. But the 2 spawns that are the best for them is in Tall trees near Manzanita post and the other one on the top right corner of the map near the waterfall.

On 27/02/2021 at 0:02 PM, Jason-DFG said:

So far that i'm aware when i platted it there was no 100% spawn spot they either spawn there or they dont. But the 2 spawns that are the best for them is in Tall trees near Manzanita post and the other one on the top right corner of the map near the waterfall.

I'll keep trying, the other animals I found easy enough. But the female moose I've tried for days with no luck. 

2 hours ago, Row1789 said:

I'll keep trying, the other animals I found easy enough. But the female moose I've tried for days with no luck. 

the female moose was one of my last animals i had to study + skin aswel but you wiill get it eventually if you just keep checking the 2 spawns

On 2.3.2021 at 5:53 PM, Exeshow678 said:

c'mon guys, the guy just want to know some moose locations and y'all are arguing how to say the plural version

everything's fine, I'm just sitting here smiling at the fact someone resurrected my over 2 years old rage post

the singular / plural discussion was much more fun than the original intention of discussing possible locations of this thing :)

Edited by Alaquia
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 1/6/2022 at 4:45 PM, caubrey said:

Did you figure this out as I am now in the same boat and cannot find the female moose!! 

Not sure if it's 100% but I found a female Western moose at the waterfall on the top right corner of the map, to the West of Charlotte's house.  First I saw one moose there but it was during a mission with Charlotte so I wasn't able to get it, but then I came back soon after and it was spawning again.  I don't know if it matters but both times I started on the side of the river where Charlotte's house is and was looking towards the other side of the river.  The moose was walking through the water to the other side.

• 5 weeks later...
On 06/01/2022 at 9:45 PM, caubrey said:

Did you figure this out as I am now in the same boat and cannot find the female moose!! 

I found a video on YouTube. Believe it was around the 2nd L in Tall Trees. Make camp and save there, quit the game and load up. Took a few attempts, a few Bulls appeared, a black bear then finally a female moose. Don't know how many hours I've put into the game but I've only seen 3.

On 09/01/2022 at 1:18 AM, SolidDiablo said:

Not sure if it's 100% but I found a female Western moose at the waterfall on the top right corner of the map, to the West of Charlotte's house.  First I saw one moose there but it was during a mission with Charlotte so I wasn't able to get it, but then I came back soon after and it was spawning again.  I don't know if it matters but both times I started on the side of the river where Charlotte's house is and was looking towards the other side of the river.  The moose was walking through the water to the other side.

Beware the Cougar on the western side of the lake if you try here. Finally found the female moose here killed it, about to skin it and the Cougar killed me. I was gutted. 

• 1 month later...
On 26/11/2018 at 3:35 PM, Easy_Duhz_It_ said:

Theres a cabin in the top right corner above Annesburg where you help some lady who just buried her husband.  I went back to help her learn to shoot and went i left, the moose was by that lake at the bottom of the hill.

This.. in fact there’s numerous areas you’ll find it around , but particularly around the waterfall area.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...