Kitty Got Wet trophy unobtainable?

biokam

4 hours ago, Soufwar said:

I hope its just server maintenance and that everything will be fine in a couple of days, if anything its illegal to shut down a service without notice, I don't think Sony is dumb enough to make such a mistake. 

3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

It may be in bad taste, but it's not illegal.

3 hours ago, olliebear66t said:

Where did you get the legality part from?

From the End User License Agreement, Section 12. WARRANTY/DISCLAIMER/LIABILITY LIMITATIONS, "SCEA may, at its sole discretion, discontinue hosting the game server at any time. SCEA has no liability for such discontinuance. SCEA has no liability for any violation of this Agreement by you or by any other player."

So yeah, there isn't much that can be done about it.

13 hours ago, olliebear66t said:

I'm not having much luck. Went through AskPlayStationUK on twitter, they didn't know what to do so linked me to playstation support on email. Went backwards and forwards a few times and I keep getting messages as if there's something wrong with my PSN account or vita console so just had a bit of a go at them without being rude and made it very clear it's a server issue despite previously insisting it has nothing to do with the client due to everyone else having trouble.

I've also been referred to playstation support via email by askplaysationuk on twitter. Hopefully the more they get they won't be able to fob us off with "it's your internet" or "it must be your vita" unlikely I know but we can only try

Edited by Cleggworth
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2018 at 5:43 PM, Justin__Harris said:

From the End User License Agreement, Section 12. WARRANTY/DISCLAIMER/LIABILITY LIMITATIONS, "SCEA may, at its sole discretion, discontinue hosting the game server at any time. SCEA has no liability for such discontinuance. SCEA has no liability for any violation of this Agreement by you or by any other player."

So yeah, there isn't much that can be done about it.

This basically happened with NBA 2K17 The Prelude at the end of last year. The servers got shut and you need to be online to get the one gold trophy.

Sadly because the Playstation Vita is completely forgotten and ignored by Sony at this point, I don't think they're going to put any effort to getting the online back up for Uncharted: Fight for Fortune.

Just going to have to live without that 100 percent.

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

This basically happened with NBA 2K17 The Prelude at the end of last year. The servers got shut and you need to be online to get the one gold trophy.

Sadly because the Playstation Vita is completely forgotten and ignored by Sony at this point, I don't think they're going to put any effort to getting the online back up for Uncharted: Fight for Fortune.

Just going to have to live without that 100 percent.

It's not really the same though is it. NBA 2k is an annual series with a history of online functionality loss on the release of the following years game. If the servers for Uncharted 2  closed when Uncharted 3 released then maybe. They've covered themselves with that clause in the EULA but have Sony ever closed a server unannounced? Recently they've announced server closures months in advance and even extended them by a couple of months with quite a few games.  It's not a popular game somebody probably just pulled the plug when they needed to hoover and because nobody plays it they've not realised until now

11 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

It's not really the same though is it. NBA 2k is an annual series with a history of online functionality loss on the release of the following years game. If the servers for Uncharted 2  closed when Uncharted 3 released then maybe. They've covered themselves with that clause in the EULA but have Sony ever closed a server unannounced? Recently they've announced server closures months in advance and even extended them by a couple of months with quite a few games.  It's not a popular game somebody probably just pulled the plug when they needed to hoover and because nobody plays it they've not realised until now

2K Games has a history of annual shutdowns, notably their NBA 2K franchise and WWE franchise.

Back when THQ made the WWE games I don't think the servers were shut down as quickly, but when they went under 2K Games took over the franchise. The games after that have always been the same. The servers shut after a year and a half, and anybody who plays WWE and wants those platinums should get the online out of the way as quick as possible.

The online trophy for Fight for Fortune is one of the easiest out there. Just complete one multiplayer match with someone and you're done. Doesn't even have to be at once either, I think you can pause the game and resume the next day so it doesn't have to be all at the same time.

Honestly I don't think this game was ever popular because it strays away from everything else the Uncharted series has done. Uncharted: Golden Abyss is still the most popular Vita game, pretty solid game for a handheld. This on the other hand is just a boring card game that depends on luck.

I'm glad to see a response from Sony given that this is a Playstation exclusive. Someone like EA or 2K Games wouldn't give two fucks.

Well I hope it gets resolved by the time I get two trophies from 100% on Uncharted 4. Really just wanted my gaming list to have all of the Uncharted games (minus the PS3 versions) in a row. But I can live with Fight for Fortune not being on there and stuck at 97%. Already had to accept NBA 2K17 being unattainable and now this VR game The Brookhaven Experiment which I found out had a bricked trophy after playing it only 5 minutes. Oh well. My OCD is haywire, but it'll learn to deal. 

While I'm trying to connect to the server  pressing O and X does seem to trigger the mp menu to appear and I can invite friends and search for a ranked match but unless I do that I continue to get an error. I haven't tried going for trophy yet but once I do I'll let you guys know if it worked.

On 11/10/2018 at 10:53 AM, japancollecter said:

i was able connect to the server after few trys ,I can send a freind an invite invite for versus battle ,add me for trophy

Hey I'll send you a FR as I want to try and see if is possible to earn the trophy 

I'd like to help / receive help as well, but please state your intent in FR.

As long as I go for other trophies, I'll try to check in once in a while and surrender (nevermind, that doesn't help, so I'll try to play).

Edited by fbdbh

11 hours ago, Infamousx201 said:

While I'm trying to connect to the server  pressing O and X does seem to trigger the mp menu to appear and I can invite friends and search for a ranked match but unless I do that I continue to get an error. I haven't tried going for trophy yet but once I do I'll let you guys know if it worked.

Hey I'll send you a FR as I want to try and see if is possible to earn the trophy 

That doesn't work. You can send an invite or attempt to join ranked/random lobby but you still get a connection error