Endings Tips

CrownClown555

I'd like to offer some general tips / share what I did since there seem to be a lot of confusing information surrounding Farewell and Nameless Cults. I believe you can always achieve the other two endings, also it's important to note that for '' Fluent in R’lyehian '' you have to summon Cthulhu for it to pop, but you can always reload.

Here is what I did for Nameless Cults :

- I never drank

- I pushed Irene Sanders to the limit
- I found all the collectibles during this playthrough for Detective Historian & Shadow Out of Time
- I accepted Drake's help & saved him
- I read all the unholy books
- I replied every time I could in R'lyehian
- In jail, I submitted to the Leviathan and I accepted the truth
- I mercy killed Bradley

- Save either Cat or Mitchell
- During the visions, I refused to take the medicine, refused to eat the flesh but I killed the Dr.

I know it was reported that you needed Master in Occultism to get the ending, but it doesn't seem necessary as I got it with only 3/5.

Now for Farewell, I had made a backup in Chapter 10 before answering Leviathan, here is what I did different from there :

- I struggled and refused the Truth

- I did not kill Bradley

- I saved Cat

- I refused the medicine, refused the meat, and refused to shoot during the hallucination

- I used the Investigation answer when talking to Marie in chapter 14 and picked no R'lyehian answers

- Called Sarah crazy and then refused to take part in the ritual

I hope this can help save the headache of extra playthrough to some of you.

• 1 year later...

Hey quick question

"Make a backup at chapter 10".  It looks like there are a ton of things you can and cannot do.  Is it possible to mess up before chapter 10 to get all trophies in 1 playthrough?

I'd like to play blind up to the beginning of chapter 10, backup my save, continue my blind playthrough, and after I beat the game use the backed up save to get the other trophies.  Would this work?

Sorry for the late reply, you may not need the info anymore but just in case.

There is indeed quite a bit of variables in the game, so I couldn't tell you for sure if with the choices you made you'd be able to achieve the same result / all endings. What you could always do though is run a blind playthrough and then quickly rush a second one cleaning up whatever you got left with those choices.

Thanks.  I'll just play blind and do follow up playthroughs.  I had read it's 15 hours and possibly 3 playthroughs for Plat, but now I understand it's closer to 7-8.  That's more manageable.

I just finished reading Call of Cthulhu for the first time last week.  Lovecraft is the man.

Downloaded this game but wrapping up another one first.

No problem, glad it could help a bit. First run could potentially take a little more since you know first run and all, but from there doing a second or third playthrough should definitly be much faster since you know where to go and what to do. I'm certain you'll achieve it in about 2 runs.

Good to hear you enjoyed it as well, his mythos is quite interesting.