Observing Profiles

CapitanoEstebano

So I’m sure most of you, if not, all of you will often check other users’ profiles on here to compare stats/games. The first thing I usually look at when checking out someone’s profile is their Completion % and from there I like to look at their trophy log to see what Ultra Rare platinums the player has obtained. What I want to know is what you guys first like to see when looking at another players profile. Is it their Trophy Cabinet? Games Collection etc?

Thought this might be a good idea for a thread as we can see what feature is used the most and would be worthwhile for the site to know this and possibly adapt to whatever the responses are on this. For example, further expand on a certain feature if it is the most commonly used? 

I generally take a quick glance at their trophy rarity distribution. I think high amounts of ultra rare trophies are nice to see on a profile. The opposite is true for disproportionately high amounts of common trophies.

I usually don't go beyond that, though. But if there really are loads of ultra rares, I'll probably look to see which games they're coming from.

I just look at which trophies you got. I don't care much about the count of any of it, as long as it's not awfully few or strangely low completion ratio (like below 15% or something). If I see some trophies I'm impress with you earning, that's cool, it also tells me a bit about what kind of games you like and what we've played in common, what you've done in various games etc.

First thing I look at is the banner...I like seeing if anyone uses a custom image or just keeps it to the "latest game played" setting.

Next is the small "about me" part under the user name. Can't put much there but I still like to see if there's anything other than the code people get from the site lol.

Completion %, Hidden trophies (how many or none at all), # of UR trophies, # of common platinums, what types of trophies you put in your cabinet, milestones, last 10 games played, games filter by incomplete and trophy %.

I look many things, depends on the person and how much I care. I usually stop at completion % and hidden trophies. If it's less than 60% and more than 100 hidden trophies, I usually just lose all interest altogether.

This sort of backfire with some friends I have with 12k+ hidden trophies because otherwise their Gaming Sessions are a complete waste of their time and how they do not give an absolute fuck about showing their trophies.

I would probably do the same myself if I wasn't going to lose my completist ranking at Trophy Leaders. Worked really hard to get among the 30 top people, not gonna lose that.

For a really good account i think above 85% completion and having more uncommon then common trophies is a must. I see people ranked 300+in the world rank. All of them having more common trophies. Cuz all they do is visual novels and stack easy games like Jack jill DX or what is it. All thos types. A account like this i just pass and dont bother checking what they have done. 

• Like 1

I mostly look what the latest games played are, just to see what people are playing right now, and I always look at the trophy cabinet. I also look at the milestones, it interests me which trophies show up there. If I find a profile that has a lot of games in common with mine, I might browse the games list to see if I can find something interesting I might also want to play.

Completion rate, rarity, leaderboard placement or number of trophies don't interest me unless I look them up specifically (mostly coming from one of the recurring threads that concern themselves with what constitutes a 'good profile').

I like to see other people Completion  rate since some users are really heroes who spend who knows how many hours playing those very hard games to get those UR plats, but more important, I just watch the games people have played, I've discover pretty good games I didn't know or I didn't consider to play in the past ?

• 2 weeks later...

I look at the games collection first, which also shows the completion % anyway. I'm particularly interested in the JRPGs and whether that person has the platinum or not. Users with the plats in the Kingdom Hearts and FFX get my ultimate respect. Other than that, I just like to see what type of games they play and if I've played any of them as well.

• Like 1

I like to look at completion percentages as well as the stats for games played vs games completed vs plats as I feel sad for people that refuse to pay non-platinum games (they're missing out on some great titles).

Often I'll also use the profile compare function to see what we have in common... if there's a lot of things in common, I tend to follow those people so I can see what they post about other games as I'll likely be interested. I've also asked for help from people who have completed games I haven't.

I also like to see milestones and trophy cabinets because those can say a lot about a person's gaming tastes as well.

Edited by eigen-space

• 3 weeks later...

Completion rate, number of ultra rares, milestones and if I’m super interested (usually if I know them) I might search to see if they’ve played certain games. I guess maybe I’m nosy but a big part of why I like this site is just because I like to take an interest in seeing what games/trophy types different people go for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamesJohnRogers said:

One reason for me: 

I’m always on the look out for games I haven't heard of before. 

1f61c.png

This for me as well; along with seeing what type of games people play. Never heard of Darkest Dungeon until I saw it on someone's profile last year.

Edited by DUDEwithCOFFEE
  • Like 1