Ease of plat and opinion on game?

wackt1

i think the platinum take some work but the story is good and fun to play, im a big fan of the yakuza serie so i really cannot say anything bad about it, but if you like some drama story and with some comic things in it you will like it, i think kiwami is a good start for learning the serie and see what makes yakuza so awesome

climax battles are freaking annoying, everything else is doable. lot of climax battles requires to beat the crap out of enemies without getting hit not even a single time, that's the annoying part. Train a lot and don't lose your cool when you fail. Rest a couple days and come back.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

"Ease of plat"

Oh boy are you in for a wild ride. Get on your gambling shoes and start learning mahjong.

But the game is an absolute masterpiece. It's not for everyone though. Can be pretty tough to get into.

lmao i have no clue how to play that Asian Domino game

1 hour ago, Katt said:

climax battles are freaking annoying, everything else is doable. lot of climax battles requires to beat the crap out of enemies without getting hit not even a single time, that's the annoying part. Train a lot and don't lose your cool when you fail. Rest a couple days and come back.

In terms of not getting hit, would you or anyone know if it's similar difficulty to the community challenge pack in Batman Arkham Knight?

20 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

In terms of not getting hit, would you or anyone know if it's similar difficulty to the community challenge pack in Batman Arkham Knight?

I don't know, but here, check this one. See the health bar? 1 HP

• Like 3

14 hours ago, wackt1 said:

lmao i have no clue how to play that Asian Domino game

"Asian domino game" best description for Mahjong I've ever seen. I've played like 5 Yakuza games and I have no idea how the fuck to play it either and I'll never bother to learn. I remember one story in Kiwami 2 required mahjong and I was just lost.

18 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

"Ease of plat"

Oh boy are you in for a wild ride. Get on your gambling shoes and start learning mahjong.

But the game is an absolute masterpiece. It's not for everyone though. Can be pretty tough to get into.

Funnily enough in 0 it only took me two hours to learn and complete the mahjong aspect of this game. It was the climax battles that stopped me from getting the plat. So I expect a similar story in this but I’ll still play it purely because of the story. 

1 hour ago, turpinator1986 said:

Funnily enough in 0 it only took me two hours to learn and complete the mahjong aspect of this game. It was the climax battles that stopped me from getting the plat. So I expect a similar story in this but I’ll still play it purely because of the story. 

I just don't have the patience for the majority of the things on the completion list. I basically just play for the story too.

The climax battles aren't as hard as you would think, really doable with practice in some.

Mahjong isn't so bad, its basically like poker with a different ruleset, only thing that sucks is memorizing the numbers of the character suit (they fixed this in kiwami 2 and 6 by adding numbers on the tiles)

Biggest wall you'll face in this is the car chase on legend and otometal my life for Haruka's request.

• Like 1

Personally for me the Legend difficulty scared me off of the plat due to a certain vehicle part of the game, I managed it in 0 but it's way harder in Kiwami.

Mahjong isn't too terribly hard if you can set aside a few hours to learn the rules, once you get the hang of it it's pretty straightforward (and I believe someone made a guide to Mahjong in the Yakuza 0 Guides section so that can be helpful.)

It's surely hard and long if you've never played a yakuza game, i find Haruka requests annoying but not hard at all, especially otometal i did 960 on my first try.

As for mahjong, it sure is difficult for us westerners but the game helps a lot, with the cheat item you get thirteen orphans and the "go out with haneman" is out of the way. Riichi Ippatsu is luck based but it happens eventually while you're going for the other points (i got this easily on kiwami and on 0 ).

If you enable the red dora rule you can do crazy amount of points simply by not stealing tiles to others and keeping an eye on the doras also. For example i was struggling getting the last "Go out with mangan" so i kept doing hands without stealing anything. Yesterday i got a simple riichi hand with one red dora tile, two doras and one ura dora (i got lucky there). My knowledge of mahjong is very basic but it's enough to plat this game and it should only take a couple of hours to achieve for just everyone.

For the full straight (that can be annoying) i have an advice, if you play ranked matches you only pay 50k yen once. Then you can start a game, if you happen to have at least 5 6 different tiles of the same suit then try and go for it, otherwise just quit and retry until you have, i managed to get it right at my fourth try. Keep in mind that a full straight must have three triplets of the same suit (123 456 789), any other triplet and a pair. You can steal tiles but be aware that a triplet like 234 or 678 will not be good for this, it has to be 123 456 789.

I only miss the car chase in legend for the plat and some minigames but nothing difficult, just points on baccarat / poker .... more tedious tham hard.. we'll see!

Edited by ale84x

• 2 weeks later...

My first Yakuza game was Zero. Truly enjoyed it but some of the minigames and climax battles were soul destroying. Got the plat and moved on. 

Now on Kiwami....

In terms of story its good. Its not a patch on Zero's writing but then the original Yakuza game was around 2004 whilst Zero was 2017 or something, so the writers were more experienced and stuff like that. Its still a good story but can also be very laughable (not in the good way) at times. 

For the platinum ease I'd say its more difficult than Zero. Haruka's requests can be very tiresome and very difficult. And the driving scene on legend is much worse than on Zero as Kiwami's version is one massive level with no save until you do it. Not reached that myself though as I want to get all minigames and that Haruka s**t out of the way and then get the climax battles done for the war god talisman to carry over into legend. 

Thats another thing to note. On Kiwami you can take a lot of stuff from your first playthrough into legend unlike Zero where you had to start all over.