Gambler Challenge #9 tactics!

KingTom95

Gambler challenges are horrible and #9 drives me crazy because the AI's luck is ridiculous. 

You have to win 3 games in a row playing domino.

I barely even win a round and if I win my opponent has 1 tile left and I get zero or 1 point yeaaah...

Won one game before but had no chance to win the second.

Someone has a tactic on this one ?

Is there a way to save between games ?

Edited by KingTom95

2 hours ago, KingTom95 said:

Someone has a tactic on this one ?

I played "all-five" version in Saint Denis. Focus on getting points during the match. I won 1, lost 1, won 3. First two games I was kinda getting into it.

I dunno why people recommend to play "Draw" at Emerald ranch, cause its much more random.

• Like 1

I actually got it !

Maybe I was just bad cause after a while i understood it more, if you realize you have a lot of the same numbers try to block with these and force your opponent in a bad situation also try to get rid of your highest tiles and save your lowest as long as you can.

That's pretty much it the rest is luck.

1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

I played "all-five" version in Saint Denis. Focus on getting points during the match. I won 1, lost 1, won 3. First two games I was kinda getting into it.

I dunno why people recommend to play "Draw" at Emerald ranch, cause its much more random.

I played 1vs1 all the time at emerald and it was so annoying cause these games took years to complete, was scared because St. Denis poker players are obviously better imo and I thought dominos players will be as well.

Could be helpful for others thanks.

1 hour ago, Chlorhydric said:

All-five in Saint-Denis, and if you see that you're gonna loose, just leave the table, it won't reset your progress

Thanks, really helpful tip.

Edit: In the topics name should be a question mark instead of an exclamation mark lol.

Edited by KingTom95
  • Like 2

This is by far the biggest bullshit in the 100% requirement. I would rather do all gold medals than this.

CHEATING fuckin AI that always plays a hand that gets them points.

UNFAIR and entirely LUCK-BASED even when knowing the rules of each game-type and still unfair when you play every score-bearing move you have.

I'm required to be some kind of super-human calculator adding up the move outcomes EVERY SINGLE TURN because they don't tell you. Extremely frustrating sitting here for 20 minutes a game, doing MATH for every turn.

They make fun of you when you take too long to think, which to me is unavoidable if your play properly.

They make fun of you with a rude comment EVERY time you have to draw. I've once filled up all 3 rows after drawing like 10 times straight, WTF?

I recommend turning the sound off while playing this.

I've just played 10+ matches for 3 hours and every single one is a loss. They fuckin actually pulled ahead and beat me when I had 95/100 two times.

The most frustrating thing here is that there is no alternatives FOR ME to play a different dominoes game type.

I'm on Ch.3 and the campsite is FORCING me to play 'all-fives', with no way to play standard 1v1 that Ch.2 had.

Saint Denis (all-fives, 3-4 player) is too much math work. Emerald Ranch (draw-type, 3-4 player) is the easiest game type, but is too time-consuming to play since the matches can take close to an hour, and you don't get points unless you beat the other opponents to the domino.

Can't even make a solution for brute-forcing here. If you just mash through all turns in the hopes you'll win eventually, you won't, because you'll end up only playing moves that give 0 points. So they are basically forcing you to learn every rule of the game, and play every possible score-bearing move that you get, AND deal with the luck-based RNG itself. Overcoming all that BS shouldn't be required for any small part of a trophy.

Resident Evil 7 also forced you to play 9/10 difficulty card+board BS for DLC trophies, that game instantly became one of my most hated experiences.

Edit: I had 2/3 games won, after winning the 3rd, the counter apparently reset and went back to 1/3, even though it said 2/3 the whole time I was doing the 3rd win. I never lost, but I did reload.

Thanks for not confirming that we CANNOT save/reload. Also unconfirmed if it resets because the opponents change.

Edit 2: I finally beat this but it took 5 HOURS. I ended up staying at the Saint Denis table for all 3 wins without reloading. They are DEFINITELY cheating to some degree that we can't see.

I had to back out of matches like 30 times because they will randomly shoot up 50+ points in just a couple of turns.

I had a match where I was at 75/100 points, the other two opponents at 10 and 25, and they 'somehow' ended up pulling ahead, in what should have been a guaranteed win!!

Most common match ruiner is when you keep getting +0 no score moves even if checking all possible outcomes, while the opponents get constant 10-25 points per turn.

So much of this is not even the player's fault, just unfair rigged RNG, unfun garbage. Should have had Liar's Dice instead.

Edit 3: I just read a lot of people also complaining about this and gambler challenge #8 on sites.

For #8 (win 3 hands of Blackjack with 3 hits or more), I plugged in a turbo controller and left it for a few hours. All that's required is to press the X button to hit, and place bets with X button as well.

For #10 (win 3 hands of Poker in a row) was a complete fuckin joke and disrespect to the agony I went through with dominoes. I just went all-in 3 times in a row and it was done in a minute.

Edited by QQQ_AX
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I'm saving Gambler challenges last, are there any new discoveries for possibly beating this faster?

The only “hard one” is the black-jack one (#8). You have to win 3 times while hitting at least 3+ more cards, which is REALLY hard and pure luck. Fastest way is sitting at the furthest right then if you get high cards (you should aim at an ace atleast) exit and re-enter quickly. It can take 1h or 6h depends on your luck, completelly bullshit.

Rest of them are a joke compared, #9 is easy, play All five in Saint Denis and aim for high points. If your opponent has like 85-90 points just leave and re-enter, it saves your streak.

#10 is somewhat easy, just go hard on bets (real hard) and most of the time the IA will fold.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

The only “hard one” is the black-jack one (#8). You have to win 3 times while hitting at least 3+ more cards, which is REALLY hard and pure luck. Fastest way is sitting at the furthest right then if you get high cards (you should aim at an ace atleast) exit and re-enter quickly. It can take 1h or 6h depends on your luck, completelly bullshit.

Rest of them are a joke compared, #9 is easy, play All five in Saint Denis and aim for high points. If your opponent has like 85-90 points just leave and re-enter, it saves your streak.

#10 is somewhat easy, just go hard on bets (real hard) and most of the time the IA will fold.

I have no clue what you're doing wrong. Gambler #8 is super easy. It takes maybe, what 5 minutes? You don't need to win an entire game, just 3 hands against the dealer. Just mash :cross: until you get it. 

7 hours ago, HowieGaming said:

I have no clue what you're doing wrong. Gambler #8 is super easy. It takes maybe, what 5 minutes? You don't need to win an entire game, just 3 hands against the dealer. Just mash :cross: until you get it. 

5 minutes? Lol, you are joking. And what are you saying about an entire game? You dont win games in blackjack.

Its definitely one of the hardest and pure luck based.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

5 minutes? Lol, you are joking. And what are you saying about an entire game? You dont win games in blackjack.

Its definitely one of the hardest and pure luck based.

Dude i have no idea how to play blackjack and i got it. All i did was spamming X while watching a movie.

Now i'm stuck at 9

Edited by CrazyRap

47 minutes ago, CrazyRap said:

Dude i have no idea how to play blackjack and i got it. All i did was spamming X while watching a movie.

Now i'm stuck at 9

Well you got lucky, some people may need 3-4 movies ;)

Nobody is saying is hard in terms of skill, but in odds. I got lucky my self since I got it in an hour and a half of real play. Check the internet if you want to see how IA can mess with you and see how frustrated people can be.

this one is ridiculous. i been playing at emerald ranch, i would be up 54 to 0 (in a 60 game) and then straight lose nonstop to all the ai. with 3 ai it takes forever. i snapped and threw fire bottles at all 3 ai, reloaded my save and only 2 people were there and a draw game. its no easier, but the players move faster. you also have a better chance of backing out of the game in 2 people. with 3 people they can easily win the match in 1 or 2 rounds and get 50+ points. i had 2 wins that took forever and this guy had only like 10 points, all of a sudden just wiped us out and i tried exiting as fast as i could and was to late. saving def dont work, exiting table when you know your going to lose is the best option.

as for blackjack before it, took me 2 hours. i just watched podcasts and didnt pay much attention to the game

ai def cheats. they act like val kilmer in the movie tombstone

Edited by melodicmizery

On 9. 11. 2018 at 5:48 AM, QQQ_AX said:

Edit 3: I just read a lot of people also complaining about this and gambler challenge #8 on sites.

For #8 (win 3 hands of Blackjack with 3 hits or more), I plugged in a turbo controller and left it for a few hours. All that's required is to press the X button to hit, and place bets with X button as well.

If this is the case than this can be also done over Remote Play on any computer (without the turbo controller of course).

Edited by HusKyCode

29 minutes ago, Sicho said:

I find it funny that people complain about GAMBLING being luck based... 1f602.png

Well, making a gambling CHALLENGE out of pure luck and zero strategy/tactics or skill is a bit strange. It's a blackjack, for Christ sake. I would be fine with getting a blackjack three times. The odds are higher and it kinda makes more sense.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Well, making a gambling CHALLENGE out of pure luck and zero strategy/tactics or skill is a bit strange. It's a blackjack, for Christ sake. I would be fine with getting a blackjack three times. The odds are higher and it kinda makes more sense.

Blackjack is the fairest game of gambling that exists. (which is also why you can't win amounts similar to Slot machines on a BJ table)

If you just play Blackjack "normally", these challenges will come over time. Of course, if you don't have fun playing BJ, I can see why it becomes frustrating.

I personally sometimes play two hours or so of BJ in RDR2 just because I want to play some BJ ...

2 hours ago, Asher1985 said:

So for the three dominoes wins I can back out of the game if I think I'm going to lose, yet I can't reload my game? So I have to sit here for fuck knows how many hours to do this? Good one, Rockstar. :/

Yes, if you think that you will lose a game, just hold circle to exit and then choose to play again. It's much better than reloading since you don't lose your consecutive win streak.

Just learn how to play All-Fives Domino and it will come naturally, took me an hour for this challenge against 2 other NPCs (one of them was very good every single game, damn you Bob). There is a possibility to get 20+ points so be careful if the opponents are approaching 75-80+ score

Edited by Erkawest

2 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Yes, if you think that you will lose a game, just hold circle to exit and then choose to play again. It's much better than reloading since you don't lose your consecutive win streak.

Just learn how to play All-Fives Domino and it will come naturally, took me an hour for this challenge against 2 other NPCs (one of them was very good every single game, damn you Bob). There is a possibility to get 20+ points so be careful if the opponents are approaching 75-80+ score

Thanks, I have been doing the Fives game in Saint Denis and I've got the hang of it. Just annoying that I have to do it one session as the game didn't save my first victory when I booted it up this morning.

I don’t understand how all fives works. They say you get points if the pips on the open end are a multiple of five, but I never get any points when I play a domino meeting those requirements AND I’ve seen the AI get points for pips that are DEFINITELY NOT a multiple of five...like 3 or 2. What the hell is going on!?

Never mind, I figured it out. Still, All Fives seems to take longer than regular dominos, so I’ll stick with that.

Also, where is the Block variant table at? I assume it’s in Blackwater since that’s the only place I can’t check yet and I can’t find it anywhere else.

Edited by PoisonJam7