SE cancels 3 of 4 Story DLCs, Tabata Out

linkdevivo

Are they for real right now? The Final Fantasy XV 2nd anniversary event was them giving news that Director Hajime Tabata had resigned from the company and that Episodes Lunafreya, Aranea & Noctis are cancelled. What a backstab to a fanbase that already had been shit on with the release of an incomplete game. I stuck through thick and thin, payed for more content even though it should have been part of the original game and now they desist of completing their story. I'm done.

Rant over.

Link: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-dlc-canceled-director-hajime-taba/1100-6463112/

Edited by linkdevivo

You really should have just made this a status update instead of clogging up the forum. 

Just joking, but in all seriousness this frustrates me as well as I waited for nearly a decade for this game and sank over a bill into it under the impression it was going to get me the most complete experience possible. 

Then they came back later and hit me with the Royal Edition. Fine, you got me. Then you pull this. 

At least we will still get Ardyn (hopefully). 

Found this on the .org website regarding Comrades mode.

Do I Have to Play Online?

Nope! The game allows you to play with AI companions. Meaning, every trophy is obtainable offline. However, you will be subjected to AI who aren't the smartest bunch. Playing online is easier as you can often find yourself with beefed up teammates.

So is Playstation Plus Required?

Also Nope! Because you can play offline, and without an internet connection entirely, a psn+.png subscription is not necessary.

19 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Can the comrades DLC be started straight away? Without starting the main game?

I think so. A guide I looked at seems like the characters are separate from the main game.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, KondeBra said:

SE is launching a new client for COMRADES. The ingame client  will no longer be accessible.

this is the answer in case anyone is wondering. probably...wont ever be touching this game after all, was waiting for everything to be finalized, but now that not even all the trophies will be obtainable very soon, pretty much screw it. not a big FF fan anyways lol. 

5 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

this is the answer in case anyone is wondering. probably...wont ever be touching this game after all, was waiting for everything to be finalized, but now that not even all the trophies will be obtainable very soon, pretty much screw it. not a big FF fan anyways lol. 

You can still get the trophies offline. RELAX. 

Well that's disappointing. So now the game really is incomplete. Although I had my doubts that they would ever really "complete" it considering all the stuff they kept adding to it. But on the plus side maybe now they can work on another mainline game and hopefully not have that one in development hell, or focus more on FFVII Remake.

Making a Crisis Core remake would also be pretty great though just saying.

• Like 2